09/01/16 - Atlanta, GA - Phillips Arena

Powerage5

6 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Great post with the Thunderstruck comparisons. 

Up until now it hasn't bothered me at all that Axl has seemingly been holding back somewhat with Guns whilst giving 100% with Angus but to go from falsetto This I Love to this in a week is kinda insulting to Guns fans. I mean he's fucking singing better than '06 - '10 here which nobody could have possibly imagined would be the case in 2016. 

I'm still super happy for him it's just a pretty big drop-off in the deliberate power and rasp with Guns. 

Yeah, the "AC/DC is easier" shit ain't flying anymore. He absolutely nails those songs, and the "mid range rasp" or whatever voice people say is gone appears on quite a few moments. I appeared at Houston with GNR on a few occasions. 

With that said, there is obviously a reason for the controlled performances, and considering how much he was running around and into it in the GNR shows, it has nothing to do with effort. While I increasingly believe every bit of his voice is there at this point, maybe he fears overdoing it and losing it (I think he lost it for quite some time in 2011). Or perhaps it is what we fear the most: he just likes his clean voice better on most GNR songs.

4 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

Where exactly are these fans wishing for a cover band singer? Maybe when the Axl rumor first came out 6 months ago this may have been true, since Axl's bad reputation somewhat preceded him. I don't think you'll find many ac/dc fans clamoring for a cover band singer after seeing Axl's performances. 

I don't know if there are many of them or if they are the same people again and again, but there were such comments even for the current shows, where Axl is amazing.

Of course most acdc fans have completely changed their minds. Before the Lisbon show (or the leaked rehearsals) 99% of the acdc fans were from negative to very negative.

It seems to me that most ACDC fans wanted anyone but Axl until Lisbon, now the hardcore fans are the ones holding out on Axl. Everyone else came around but if you're a hardcore fan of a band then you can't be wrong so they are still waiting on Bon to not be dead, Brian to not be deaf, Phil to not be crazy, and Mal to find his mind. I think once those issues are settled then everyone can be happy. 

1 hour ago, Pedrolg said:

Yeah, the "AC/DC is easier" shit ain't flying anymore. He absolutely nails those songs, and the "mid range rasp" or whatever voice people say is gone appears on quite a few moments. I appeared at Houston with GNR on a few occasions. 

With that said, there is obviously a reason for the controlled performances, and considering how much he was running around and into it in the GNR shows, it has nothing to do with effort. While I increasingly believe every bit of his voice is there at this point, maybe he fears overdoing it and losing it (I think he lost it for quite some time in 2011). Or perhaps it is what we fear the most: he just likes his clean voice better on most GNR songs.

I think he feels like he has to put in 1000% effort in AC/DC to win over the fans and Angus, so that's why we get the best performance with him in that situation. With GNR, it is his band and I think he allows himself to not push it sometimes and sort of lay back in his vocals. With that being said though, he was pretty damn great the entire US NITL tour.

4 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

I think he feels like he has to put in 1000% effort in AC/DC to win over the fans and Angus, so that's why we get the best performance with him in that situation. With GNR, it is his band and I think he allows himself to not push it sometimes and sort of lay back in his vocals. With that being said though, he was pretty damn great the entire US NITL tour.

I think it is great we can have this debate.  What other singer could you have a discussion over which voice is better?  That is what a freak of nature Axl is.  He has multiple ranges with distinct singing voices all of which he can use professionally.  Just amazing to me, and at 54 he is still able to sing like he is right now in AC/DC.  One hell of a summer and although it was an unfortunate situation for Brian, I can't help but love Axl/DC.  

• Like 2

Its dumb to compare brian with axl rose.  Is not fear with brian. Brian always was a nice rock singer with a very standard ( kinda limited) fisical performance. Thats it.

Axl?? Well is axl rose. The geatest or at least one of the two greatests rock singers frontmans of all times.

It must be sad and confusing for acdc fans, but hey, be proud u guys, angus got the very best thing out there for the job. 

Stop posting new, old or very old brian vídeos with mastered stuff or without that

Theres NO WAY IN HELL brian can be compared with axl rose.  Its beyond stupid.

Even "studio" brian cant be compared with live axl. 

So cut the bs and GET REAL. 

6 hours ago, Mark1989 said:

As a massive ACDC fan I don't care that Brian isn't there anymore. If someone can do the job better so be it. Brian was not good. Axl is miles better i every aspect. I seen the band 4 times in 2015 and 4 in 2016 (with Axl) and the band in 2016 seemed refreshed younger and more into the music. Not just the vocals. Angus was allot better second time around. Anyone who bashes AXL/DC is in denial about Brians declining performances letting the ban down ! ACDC looked and sounded 15 years younger in 2016. I went with a friend who has seen the band 24 times 1978-2016 and he also thinks the same. Axls just killing it. Some ACDC fans are in denial. They sound like a band now that isn't just a nostalgic act on the final leg of their career. 

I'm probably going to sound like a dick, but to me, you are the exact sort of person who is completly missing the point on why people are upset.

It's not about how good the band sounds. People thouget NUGNR sounded better than oldGNR and argued that's why it was a welcome change. It isn't about what is "better", it's about the people that made the music. Brian is an integral part of ACDC. Yes, they had Bon beforehand, but since then they've released so much iconic music with Brian. The guy earned his keep over 30 years with that band, he was as integral as anyone else in the group to many die hards. What if Axl's vocals suffered in a few years because of a health issue and he was replaced by a "better" singer? Many of us would be furious, even if the situation warranted it. To many ACDC fans, they watched a classic lineup they love (and the full Back in Black lineiup is nothing to scoff at) dwindle from 5 guys to 2 in a relatively short time. I absolutely don't blame a lot of those fans for being upset no matter how awesome Axl or any other replacment would be. They wanted to see their band go out on top in a blaze of glory, to them, it was going out while losing 3 guys at the end.

Id also like to add that I'm on board with what is happening only because I am such a huge Axl supporter. Aside from Brian, he's the only guy that I would care about singing for them and he is fucking kilying it. It's awesome he is so passionate about this, but, if they went with the dude from Airborne or some tribute act I just wouldn't care. Not because it wouldn't sound good, but because it isn't that band I care as much about anymore.

Also to say Brian let the band down is bullshit, he gave it his all until he couldn't and continues to handle what is an emotional subject for him with upmost dignity. Fans like you let him down by putting him down.

Edit- sorry for typos, on mobile

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

Its dumb to compare brian with axl rose.  Is not fear with brian. Brian always was a nice rock singer with a very standard ( kinda limited) fisical performance. Thats it.

Axl?? Well is axl rose. The geatest or at least one of the two greatests rock singers frontmans of all times.

It must be sad and confusing for acdc fans, but hey, be proud u guys, angus got the very best thing out there for the job. 

Stop posting new, old or very old brian vídeos with mastered stuff or without that

Theres NO WAY IN HELL brian can be compared with axl rose.  Its beyond stupid.

Even "studio" brian cant be compared with live axl. 

So cut the bs and GET REAL. 

You are also grossly missing the point why people are upset.

Still, Axl/DC rocks to me, but it's ok for people to not be on board too

Edited by ZoSoRose

18 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I think they did some stadium shows for Stiff Upper Lip as well over here, though not as many as Europe. 

Oh that's pretty damn good. Not everyone is the Stones can fill stadiums in he US now and days. 

If Guns are able to achieve similar status playing both stadiums and arenas we gotta be pretty happy. Right now the reunion is fresh and there's the ultimate nostalgia factor but I don't see them filling stadiums each tour. Now if they can release some killer new music for generations to come like he Stones then they surely can

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

You are also grossly missing the point why people are upset.

Still, Axl/DC rocks to me, but it's ok for people to not be on board too

No ,,  my dear friend, i totally get the whole point.. Thats why i wrote those words.

U can say " i prefer my old guy no matter what" and thats ok. Its very good and loyal actually.  But to say that your guy can compete with the very best on something is a diferent issue.  Its like this:: personally i fuckin love the way matt sorum plays drums, im insanely inlove of his drumming, but ill never gonna say that " matt sorum is better or equaly good  as bonzo" .. Theres a big diference.

I get that some of the acdc fans prefer brian, and thats fine. But to cmpare him in any way with axl rose is too much.  U can say u dont like axl in your band or that your stick with your tradicional singer or whatever,  but that little " contest" that some people is triyn to build is not even halfway close of being realistic.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

No ,,  my dear friend, i totally get the whole point.. Thats why i wrote those words.

U can say " i prefer my old guy no matter what" and thats ok. Its very good and loyal actually.  But to say that your guy can compete with the very best on something is a diferent issue.  Its like this:: personally i fuckin love the way matt sorum plays drums, im insanely inlove of his drumming, but ill never gonna say that " matt sorum is better or equaly good  as bonzo" .. Theres a big diference.

I get that some of the acdc fans prefer brian, and thats fine. But to cmpare him in any way with axl rose is too much.  U can say u dont like axl in your band or that your stick with your tradicional singer or whatever,  but that little " contest" that some people is triyn to build is not even halfway close of being realistic.

I sort of get what you're saying lol, I agree Axl is better than Brian but I also admit I have a huge bias!

Also, I don't understand the stuff you wrote on my profile feed! Lol

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

I sort of get what you're saying lol, I agree Axl is better than Brian but I also admit I have a huge bias!

Also, I don't understand the stuff you wrote on my profile feed! Lol

Haha sorry about that pm. I thouht u speak spanish..  My mistake.

About topic.. Its not a thing of being biased or anything like that.  We're talking facts.  Sometimes facts agreed with thinks u like, sometimes they dont.  It is a fact that 2002 mtv show semi-gnr sucked and 98% of that fail had to do with the really crapy vocal and fiscal shape of axl, ..  Its not a thing of being fan or not, is a matter of "having ears"..

Well, its a fact that as a singer and as a.frontman only Mr mercury can fight axl rose, and for a few people maybe there is sombody else in that fight so (for them) axl may be 3rd or 4rth but thats it.. Brian is not even the number 25 , HeS not even the best acdc singer ever ( for some it was bon).

Like i said,  sometimes things u like agreed with facts. If u like argentinian football ( soccer) well, right now argentina is the number 1 on fifa ranking and messi is the best player, if u like kevin durant well the guy just won gold medal with usa basketball at the olimpics and got the mvp,.. And if u are a GUNS N' ROSES fan, well ,  enjoy cause that bands frontman is probably the best ever, the band is back and theyre doing great. ( plus they also have slash, but that would be off topic)