09/01/16 - Atlanta, GA - Phillips Arena

Powerage5

Not a fan of Brian's vocals, if I am to be totally honest. Not even on the albums. I do like Axl's vocal ability (I am a fan of GNR after all, if I didn't that would be kind of weird). So of course I would say Axl is better than Brian. However, I can easily see why someone would say the opposite it true. Couldn't argue even if I wanted to, especially on songs that originally belonged to Brian. It is nothing against Brian, just his vocals do nothing for me. Just the same as Axl's vocals can get on some people's nerves.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Not a fan of Brian's vocals, if I am to be totally honest. Not even on the albums. I do like Axl's vocal ability (I am a fan of GNR after all, if I didn't that would be kind of weird). So of course I would say Axl is better than Brian. However, I can easily see why someone would say the opposite it true. Couldn't argue even if I wanted to, especially on songs that originally belonged to Brian. It is nothing against Brian, just his vocals do nothing for me. Just the same as Axl's vocals can get on some people's nerves.

True.  It is all a matter of opinion and what appeals to an individual.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Maybe not the range, but certainly the power.

As for Brian's range, this video is worth checking out. He may not hit the highest notes Axl can, but he delivers a remarkable amount of power at the top of his range:

In his prime had power , certainly. But Brian decreased his level lately. The past week I saw a vid on youtube and he is not the same anymore.

Maybe his health problems or the age  affected him.

Yes, they definitely played For Those About To Rock.

Great night. I had a big fuckin smile on my face pretty much the entire time. It's absolutely amazing how great Axl sounds. Highlights for me were Shoot To Thrill, Back In Black and Riff Raff off the top of my head.

Edited by Mansin Humanity
  • Like 3