09/17/16 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center

Powerage5

Philly is going to be epic.  I am super excited!!!!!  So glad I got tickets to this.  Also my first ACDC show ever.  Just going to be amazing ! just a little sad that this may be the last show EVER for AC/DC.  With the chemistry Angus and Axl have,  I can't imagine them not working together again even if it isn't called ACDC

sorry if I seem over excited but I can't help it! :dance:

Edited by metalms
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, metalms said:

Philly is going to be epic.  I am super excited!!!!!  So glad I got tickets to this.  Also my first ACDC show ever.  Just going to be amazing ! just a little sad that this may be the last show EVER for AC/DC.  With the chemistry Angus and Axl have,  I can't imagine them not working together again even if it isn't called ACDC

sorry if I seem over excited but I can't help it! :dance:

Wow metalms...that is awesome! You get to see them live instead of watching them via Periscope lol. LUCKY! :headbang: The last show....bittersweet and I am sure will be kickass as usual. Enjoy and have fun!!!! 

I flew halfway across the country to see them last night.  1st AC/DC, 15th Axl show.

One of the best shows I've seen, and I'm at about 300.

I've never seen Axl in that mode, and it was a joy.  Not better or worse- I'm not starting debate.  I grew up going to see Jordan play basketball.  Then I saw him play golf and baseball.  Still Jordan magic, just different.  Here's a couple points-

First, every song is high energy rock, so we see Axl in high gear, and the songs require a certain power of vocals.  No Heaven's Door or November Rain- just high octane that keeps building.

Second, one of the most insightful and complimentary reviews of the GNR tour talked about how Axl brings all his life experiences and emotion on stage with him for every song.  That's part of what we dig.  The AC/DC stuff isn't tied to Stephanie Seymour or lawsuit drama.  It's just the stuff he grew up loving.  It's got to be fun as shit for him.  We all see it.

plus, there's not the monumental weight that reuniting must have had.  Angus was on fire too.  No way he'll retire.  I agree they'll do something together.  Far less pressure than another GNR record with Slash and Duff.

I'm happy for him, and the fans.  I was also excited so see those hardcore AC/DC fans with the worn jean jackets and patches totally into Axl.

Axl has been put through a ton of crap in the last decade.  He's earned this year.

for those who like behind he scenes stuff, Axl was brought in about 20 minutes before the opening act.  An Escalade pulled up backstage, stage left and he got out and went backstage.  The brakelights caught our eye as it maneuvered into position.

cool to see Dave Grohl thrown on the screen for a second.

stupid job, otherwise I'd go to Philly

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ericy210 said:

I flew halfway across the country to see them last night.  1st AC/DC, 15th Axl show.

One of the best shows I've seen, and I'm at about 300.

I've never seen Axl in that mode, and it was a joy.  Not better or worse- I'm not starting debate.  I grew up going to see Jordan play basketball.  Then I saw him play golf and baseball.  Still Jordan magic, just different.  Here's a couple points-

First, every song is high energy rock, so we see Axl in high gear, and the songs require a certain power of vocals.  No Heaven's Door or November Rain- just high octane that keeps building.

Second, one of the most insightful and complimentary reviews of the GNR tour talked about how Axl brings all his life experiences and emotion on stage with him for every song.  That's part of what we dig.  The AC/DC stuff isn't tied to Stephanie Seymour or lawsuit drama.  It's just the stuff he grew up loving.  It's got to be fun as shit for him.  We all see it.

plus, there's not the monumental weight that reuniting must have had.  Angus was on fire too.  No way he'll retire.  I agree they'll do something together.  Far less pressure than another GNR record with Slash and Duff.

I'm happy for him, and the fans.  I was also excited so see those hardcore AC/DC fans with the worn jean jackets and patches totally into Axl.

Axl has been put through a ton of crap in the last decade.  He's earned this year.

for those who like behind he scenes stuff, Axl was brought in about 20 minutes before the opening act.  An Escalade pulled up backstage, stage left and he got out and went backstage.  The brakelights caught our eye as it maneuvered into position.

cool to see Dave Grohl thrown on the screen for a second.

stupid job, otherwise I'd go to Philly

I saw them in Marseille this year and recall thinking approximately same save of course for the Stephanie Seymour and the reunion part. 

Music-wise , energy-wise, I recall watching the ACDC fans and totally adore what they could hear of Axl. (The sound was kind of crappy where I was.)

At the very beginning I recall this moment when the fans first heard him, they stood like only one man standing and it was as if they would say: " holy shit! There's someone singing up there !"  And they went into it till the last note. 

I was watching their reaction, I'm a gunner and not quite what you call a ACDC hardcore diehard fan, and of course I naturally burst out laughing. I mean I had no doubt he 'd nail everything and I was more into watching the ACDC fans reaction.

Then it was my turn to be surprised and amazed with Angus Young. The man takes you along and gives every fan their place in the show. The man got my respect. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Wow metalms...that is awesome! You get to see them live instead of watching them via Periscope lol. LUCKY! :headbang: The last show....bittersweet and I am sure will be kickass as usual. Enjoy and have fun!!!! 

Scoping has been great (It has been a blast watching and chatting with great like minded fans  @marlingrl03: ) but nothing compares to seeing it live! I feel incredibly blessed to have a chance to go as luck would have it! I agree that it is bitter sweet what an incredible ride and "rock story" this has been.  I would love to see a dvd/doc movie of the Rock or Bust tour with Brian, Axl the whole story of how AC/DC refused to go bust no matter what got in the way, That would be awesome.  For now I am going to enjoy every moment of this Tuesday.  The many tragic circumstances in this tour aren't the only things that define it.  What defines it is the show managed to go on, and go on well it did.  The negative press has turned into a triumph for all involved.  When you love the music and are a fan people can identify with you more and see that in themselves.  I think even Axl's biggest fans are surprised, because doing this and being successful at it seemed almost impossible.

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@sleeping stone that's what happened to me too, Angus Young completely blew me away. He has such a connection to his audience, it's awe inspiring to be a part of that. 

The energy Angus has is amazing,,, Cannot wait to see Angus live on Tuesday.  AC/DC songs were on many mixed tapes growing up! Feel like a little kid again when a concert is near!:headbang: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, metalms said:

The energy Angus has is amazing,,, Cannot wait to see Angus live on Tuesday.  AC/DC songs were on many mixed tapes growing up! Feel like a little kid again when a concert is near!:headbang: 

He's unreal, he really is. Can't say enough good things about Angus :lol: You will find yourself watching him just as much, if not more  than Axl. I wish I could see it all again. You will have such a great night, post us a review and some pics :) 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, metalms said:

@MillionsOfSpidersI will for sure! I am all outta likes!  So much to like on here lately!! :lol: Loving it!

Edited by metalms
  • Like 1