09/20/16 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

Powerage5

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

i remember watching the periscope of this song and thinking it was one of his better performances of it. I just rewatched it and it's still excellent, there's so much bite in his voice compared to normally on this track, excellent vocals here 

I don't really say it often at all, because some people say 30 seconds of rasp is ungodly, blah blah.

But that right there sounds like Axl from the 90's. Not so much the very start, but after the verses he just goes into a growl that reminds me of his 90's approach to powering through songs. 

Edited by Obsession Of Vanity
  • Like 3

Holy fuck what a powerhouse show. I was originally in section 202 and right after me and my GF got off the escalator, a guy who worked there asked "would you guys like to be upgraded?"..what??? We got tickets to 107, directly across from the stage (the section could be wrong, I'm still in awe). The view was amazing. I rocked the fuck out with my flashing devil horns. Thr highlight for me and the song I was totally in awe of was Thunderstruck. Man, that fucker tore that up so much I didn't even try to take pics or video of it. I got his intense "highway to hell" end scream and that "let there be ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK" on video too. Insane times, my friends.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

Holy fuck what a powerhouse show. I was originally in section 202 and right after me and my GF got off the escalator, a guy who worked there asked "would you guys like to be upgraded?"..what??? We got tickets to 107, directly across from the stage (the section could be wrong, I'm still in awe). The view was amazing. I rocked the fuck out with my flashing devil horns. Thr highlight for me and the song I was totally in awe of was Thunderstruck. Man, that fucker tore that up so much I didn't even try to take pics or video of it. I got his intense "highway to hell" end scream and that "let there be ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK" on video too. Insane times, my friends.

This one was special!  You were pretty close... section 105 here!:headbang:

11 hours ago, metalms said:

My Concert Review :heart::heart:

It took a few days to process, what these eyes and ears have seen over the last several days.

My husband and I planned a small tailgate before going in to the Wells Fargo center on Tuesday night to see AC/DC’s final show on the Rock Or Bust Tour (possibly Ever)  Both of us decided since this is our last concert of the summer season to have some fun.  We both took off from work on Wednesday (the day after the concert in preparation) we pulled in to our spot and broke out all our AC/DC CD’s mostly from the Bon Era which we love,  blasting them through our stereo speakers. Beers were flowing.  Got a break with the parking, only 10 bucks!  I was hoping for a bootleg T-shirt guy selling some kind of hybrid Axl/AC/DC shirts, but I couldn’t find any.  There were several “capitalists”  in the parking lot.  We ended up buying 2 football bootleg shirts and talking to a guy selling beer Koozies, who was mad that the t-shirt people were cutting into his Koozie business (got to love America!)

I had an opportunity to talk to some AC/DC fans.  One woman in particular was not a fan of Axl, but said that several friends had seen the shows on You Tube and said how good they were and was willing to give him a chance.  I told her I was a fan of both bands, and that she would not be disappointed. I was pretty confident of that.  The second group of fans we met pulled up next to us because we had good music blaring from our stereo speaker, and they wanted to party a bit.  We are a friendly bunch so welcomed them with open arms, and he was wearing a cool shirt you don’t see very often anymore, JACKYL LOL!  We drank a few beers and hung out and talked music.  His niece was a huge GNR fan, and said she hung out on the forum, but we didn’t exchange “nicknames”   We were having so much fun we almost didn’t notice the time!  8:15!  We said an abrupt goodbye (They were not quite ready to go in yet) and walked from the lot to the Stadium. 

AC/DC went on at about 9 pm.  I was pleasantly surprised by our seats.  Section 105, seats 17 and 18 right on the end and super close to the bathrooms (don’t laugh these things become important as you get older)  It was a full on view of the stage, and the music from the Marshall stacks were hitting us straightaway, so the sound was INCREDIBLE.  AC/DC hit the stage and Axl was right.  AC/DC are a freight train.  The music hits hard and hits non- stop.  Angus is this little tiny dude, with skinny pasty white legs.  The guitar looks like it could weigh him down, but the riffs, the music, the presence that emanated from this little man, was every reason why this man is a rock n roll legend.  The band sounded great, powerful.  Chris Slade has had some critics, but honestly that man (is or is almost 70) beat those skins better than most men half his age.  It was an especially emotional night for many reasons.  Cliff’s retirement, the last show of the Rock or Bust tour and AC/DC’s future in question, and then there was Axl.

The man did it.  He silenced his critics.  He sang his heart out.  That voice.  I looked over at my husband, and he mouthed the word wow.  He is a fan, but I think even he was surprised at how good it all sounded.  He laughed and said, “All is forgiven for 2002” (My husband was referencing the last time we were at the Wells Fargo Center, and Axl didn’t show and the now infamous Philly mini riot broke out.) This was in a strange way a summer that purged old demons for many people (I think Axl too) He seemed especially warm to Philly at the GNR show in July too.)  Of course mine were purged some time ago, but I have always been a more forgiving person than the hubby LOL. 

Axl let the singing do the talking for him.  He showed the utmost respect for AC/DC and his fans.  He enjoyed himself, but never made the show about him.  It was always about Angus and AC/DC first and foremost.  His voice was strong and didn’t crack once.  All rasp all power.  Personal highlights for me were Thunderstruck, Livewire, Hells Bells, Highway to Hell, Problem Child (Shock and Awe perfect song for Axl) Let There be Rock, (Angus solo was OFF THE CHART) Honestly every song was great.  You could tell they gave it all for their last show!

I was sad to see it end.  Touching moment when Cliff was brought center stage and the crowd roared knowing a 40 plus year career in music was coming to an end.  Axl and Angus shared hugs and a playful moment when Angus knocked that hat off his head (a moment many have fantasized about on here LOL) As much as people are feeling this is the end, and it may be, you still got the feeling in the crowd,  This is still too good for this to be it, especially when you see Angus play that guitar with all that energy still.  When I got home I saw that SLASH was in the audience showing his support for Axl… What can you say?  What a summer guys…

So that is my rather long winded but over enthusiastic review of our time.  Amazing band, amazing friendly fans, and a concert I WILL never forget.

Thank you AC/DC, Thank you Axl Rose.  I have so much respect for you and the FAN you are.  I got to see a concert for the ages, and rock n roll memories forever cherished.  What it is all about my friends...

20160920_232034.jpg

What an amazing review girl! I felt like I was there too just by reading it..you are so descriptive! Man, what an incredible outstanding show I bet that was to see in person!!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

• Like 1

Will hopefully get a chance to write a longer review, as it's been a busy week and the 20 hours of travel time to catch the show took its toll.  But suffice it to say, this was the best non-GNR concert I've ever attended.  Axl was on fire, Angus owned the stage, and the band was amazing.  I'm a casual AC/DC fan but I really hope we see more of this band, or at least Axl and Angus, on the road down the line.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh i got mixed up i thought it was before, maybe it's after the SA shows?

Yeah Mexico is after the SA shows, its supposed to be the last show of the Leg on 29th Nov. I guess, but they might add a second night also. 

• Like 1