09/20/16 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

Powerage5

15 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

What an amazing review girl! I felt like I was there too just by reading it..you are so descriptive! Man, what an incredible outstanding show I bet that was to see in person!!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

It was such a GREAT time. ;)  I could have filled it with even more detail, but I would have probably put all to sleep lol

19 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Thank you Gibbo!  I was able to convert the .FLAC files into MP3's and was listening on the way to work today in the car.  Clean audio, great recording TY!

Edited by metalms
  • Like 2

On 9/22/2016 at 9:36 AM, IncitingChaos said:

i remember watching the periscope of this song and thinking it was one of his better performances of it. I just rewatched it and it's still excellent, there's so much bite in his voice compared to normally on this track, excellent vocals here 

No doubt about It. Vintage Axl In this video and one of the top performances of any song he has done In 2016.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2016 at 10:35 AM, downzy said:

Forgot to mention that ontop of an amazing concert it was great to finally meet in person @Estranged Reality and @highvoltage, along with traveling with @Powerage5 for the trip.  We hit Philadelphia like f'n champions that night.  A night not to be forgotten.

It was a great night for sure, I'll never forget it! Loved hanging with you guys. 

Axl was absolutely on fire, if the rumors are true of a DVD/Blu-Ray release I will be pre-ordering ASAP. :lol:

18 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

i love Axl vocals here also! Perfect, and my favorite line "livin on the street you gotta practice what you preach"

And also he does the "it's a hard life" perfect

This was a fantastic performance, indeed.

His rasp on these songs was incredible to hear.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ironmt said:

No doubt about It. Vintage Axl In this video and one of the top performances of any song he has done In 2016.

It's crazy to think in 2012-2014 people were saying we'd never hear Axl sing with rasp again like in 2010... but this show was honestly on par with the best videos I've seen from 2010. It was immense.

I hope he sounds this sharp heading into the next GN'R tour! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Estranged Reality said:

It's crazy to think in 2012-2014 people were saying we'd never hear Axl sing with rasp again like in 2010... but this show was honestly on par with the best videos I've seen from 2010. It was immense.

That's what blows my mind, he still has it but he delivers the gnr songs in a different manner now. Still ACDC is showing how much he still has. 

I'm with you though, no way did I think that 2010 voice would exist again

5 hours ago, Estranged Reality said:

With the way he sounded from 2011-2014 I can certainly understand why many were skeptical and didn't think we would ever hear the 2010 Axl again. Many negative things have been said about Axl over the years from criticizing his work ethic(lazy), to his voice being terrible, to him deliberately holding back and not giving 100% and It sure Is nice to see that everyone of those negative comments has been proven wrong. I agree with you totally about the Philadelphia show/videos being the best Axl since 2010 and I also hope he will be just as sharp when he returns with Guns but I honestly expect the same Axl we got for the stadium shows, which Is very good, just not AC DC good.

1 hour ago, ironmt said:

With the way he sounded from 2011-2014 I can certainly understand why many were skeptical and didn't think we would ever hear the 2010 Axl again. Many negative things have been said about Axl over the years from criticizing his work ethic(lazy), to his voice being terrible, to him deliberately holding back and not giving 100% and It sure Is nice to see that everyone of those negative comments has been proven wrong. I agree with you totally about the Philadelphia show/videos being the best Axl since 2010 and I also hope he will be just as sharp when he returns with Guns but I honestly expect the same Axl we got for the stadium shows, which Is very good, just not AC DC good.

I wouldn't say everyone was completely proven wrong. Anyone that attended a show between 11-14 felt they got their money's worth and Axl gave them a great performance, but it was clear behind the scenes he wasn't treating his body well, he wasn't eating good, he was probably drinking a lot, and vocal work took a back seat. 

But 2016 he seems to have gotten everything working for him, he looks good, his voice is back, and he's being rewarded for it. 

I'd say motivation was everything and he found it and directed it in all the right places. So good for him, I'm enjoying it 

On 19.9.2016 at 0:06 AM, Powerage5 said:

Never gonna happen - they don't play that one out of respect for Bon. 

I thought that was a Brian thing only. I remember he said that HE (not we) wont play it out of respect for bon. Who knows if Axl feels the same way? I wouldnt be surprised if it was back at some point

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I thought that was a Brian thing only. I remember he said that HE (not we) wont play it out of respect for bon. Who knows if Axl feels the same way? I wouldnt be surprised if it was back at some point

No, it was Angus/Malcolm. Before the Rock Or Bust tour started Brian said he really wanted to do Its A Long Way To The Top. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2016 at 8:27 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

unless Axl plays the bagpipes it's a NO vote for me! :P

It's cool that a Bon played the bagpipes on it, but otherwise I've always found it to be vastly overrated among the diehards. I know AC/DC is all about simplicity, but despite my love for the sentiment of the song and the good lyrics, I just don't feel like it really goes anywhere.

That said, it's hilarious how many people play the riff totally wrong considering how easy it is.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2016 at 8:56 AM, James Bond said:

It's cool that a Bon played the bagpipes on it, but otherwise I've always found it to be vastly overrated among the diehards. I know AC/DC is all about simplicity, but despite my love for the sentiment of the song and the good lyrics, I just don't feel like it really goes anywhere.

That said, it's hilarious how many people play the riff totally wrong considering how easy it is.

for me it was the first song i ever heard from AC/DC so it will always be special. and Bon on the bagpipes of course :P

• 4 months later...