Any regret about the HOF induction?

This is a pretty open-ended topic and can veer into many different avenues. Now that Axl and Slash are reunited and Axl has played with 3/4ths of the Appetite lineup, you'd have to assume that had the HOF induction happened in 2016 instead of 2012, everyone would be present and it'd go off in the proper way.

Axl's views of the HOF are well-documented -- he doesn't understand it's point, aside from being a for-profit business -- but most of his rejection stemmed from the uncomfortable position that would've arose for him and others had he gone. Well, that uncomfortable position wouldn't be there today.

So, a two-fold question:
1.) Do you think Axl regrets not showing up for the HOF induction in 2012? (If Dexter wants to chime in, more power to him)
2.) Do you wish the HOF induction would've been delayed UNTIL a reunion happened in order to get the proper moment for rock and GNR history?

(FYI, I know the rock hall wouldn't delay it and wait for a reunion on GNR's terms; half the reason for the induction was probably to entice a historic moment on their stage and money into their pockets)

No, I don't think Axl regrets not going to the hall of fame induction.

Izzy didn't go either, so it didn't really matter to me once those two were out. I haven't even watched the performance from that show. I doubt very much that Izzy regrets it either. 

Now though, yes, I would be interseted in it. If Izzy turned up too. 

• Like 2

Doubt he regrets it.  Wasn't right at the time.  They could have done it right by having current members and classic members present.  Proceeds could have been disclosed or allocated to charity.

The current tour means more than the RRHOF...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, trev said:

Doubt he regrets it.  Wasn't right at the time.  They could have done it right by having current members and classic members present.  Proceeds could have been disclosed or allocated to charity.

The current tour means more than the RRHOF...

I agree

I was at the HOF and although it was awesome, it was sad that Axl and Izzy didn't go but as you said, it wasn't right at the time. It's much better now that things fell into place naturally between Axl, Slash, and Duff. I 100% get why only the classic lineup got in, but if people like Robert Trullijo, Josh Klinginhoffer, etc get in for their bands why shouldn't the other GNR members if it meant Axl would have gone?

Ah well, it's all good now 

Don't know about Axl, but I kind of wish the induction would happen now instead of back then. I don't actually care much for the RRHOF and think the whole thing is rather stupid, but it could have been a nice moment with all of them there and enjyoing themselves on their special day.

But as it was, it only was hella awkward and uncomfortable to watch. Even Slash and Duff seemed tense and uncomfortable, escpecially when the crowd started booing Axl.

• Like 1

I think he doesn't regret it, and yes, it's way better that the reunion happened naturally. Besides, the RNRHOF isn't really about rock n' roll, it's a suit & tie event and Axl, Slash and the others have said it numerous times. There's honor in being acknowledged, but an institution that requires "proper" behavior while claiming it's "rock n' roll" and inducts Madonna, Michael Jackson, Run DMC etc. is pretty much a joke.

I think  I read somewhere that Axl acknowledged  he had not realised how important it was for the fan base for him to partipate in the induction. but felt he was damned if he did turn up and damned if he didn't.

I had the impression Izzy wanted to be there if all members participated, which might seem very principled of him, but he ended up looking like he didn't care. 

I thought of the clips I've seen that it all looked rather awkward, would it be that much better now? Matt was snubbed on the regrouping, who knows Izzy's and Stevens position, If your happy with Slash, Axl and Duff  then fine but if your looking for an original line up and Matt I'm not sure it  would happen even now.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There was far more chemistry at the HOF performance than theThat hybrid boots, which are a bit disappointing.

That's an outrageous statement. That was a clinical abortion at the RRHOF. The only rock n roll thing about the whole night was when Axl the crowd booed at his overt omission. All the real rock stars stayed home that night; Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Hillel Slovak and Rod Stewart.

• Like 3

I think most fans would have loved it if they had gotten together at the HOF induction, but in reality many artists hate the hall of fame and that it is basically run by poser rock journelists that make money off theartists. Things happen when they are supposed to and 2016 for whatever reason is the year.   I don't think GNR wanted to reunite on anything other than their own terms, and doing so at the hall would have benefited the wrong people. I can't see any regrets for anyone involved. 

Edited by metalms

3 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

That's an outrageous statement. That was a clinical abortion at the RRHOF. The only rock n roll thing about the whole night was when Axl the crowd booed at his overt omission. All the real rock stars stayed home that night; Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Hillel Slovak and Rod Stewart.

Frank screws all of those hybrid shows up I'm afraid. You need Popcorn there

I don't think he regrets it and I understood his reasoning for not going.

It wasn't the right time for various reasons and why reunite the band where huge money is involved for them to profit off something. The HoF would have made tons of money from it.

By them doing a reunion on their teems when they were ready the money is on their terms and in their pockets.

Imo if any viable band reunites at the HoF prior to a proper reunion rather partial or not would drop the value down a bit on the reunion.

I don't think he regrets it.  

Personally, I think the RNRHOF is really a side-show.  It's kinda a joke.  It's there to lure some tourists to Cleveland more than anything else.  I don't think too many artists put too much weight into it.  And if you ever visit, it's rather drab.  I mean, the GNR "exhibit" is about the size of my closet with a crappy vinyl backdrop.  Cool pinball machine... but man, the whole thing is rather boring.  That's just my opinion.  I'm sure a lot of other people find it to be amazing though.  

• Like 1

It's ironic how after all this time, bands like Green Day finally recognize the punk roots of Guns N Roses. At the height of their fame in '91, punk bands could not distance themselves enough from GnR.

Oh, the Hall Of Fame as an institute is, to quote the Sex Pistols, ''a piss stain'', however the Guns N' Roses performance was excellent and well planned, combining Sorum and Adler and including Gilby. I wish there was a similar effort to recreate a legitimate 'reunion' today than this current hybrid mess.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

Who fucking cares what's the point. It was a shit show from the start. Fucking Gilby was there, Myles Kennedy, Matt Sorum, Green Day & the red hot chili peppers & every corporate douchebags in the world what a NIGHT to start a reunion.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Oh, the Hall Of Fame as an institute is, to quote the Sex Pistols, ''a piss stain'', however the Guns N' Roses performance was excellent and well planned, combining Sorum and Adler and including Gilby. I wish there was a similar effort to recreate a legitimate 'reunion' today than this current hybrid mess.

That's ludicrous. Paul Tobias is more legitimate than Gilby.

The only thing I wished was Axl to show up to play with Steven and Izzy so we can cherish that one-off AFD 5 performance... Other than that, RRHOF was special moment but comparing to the current 'reunion' its better this way... Still there's a chance for AFD line-up!!