Jim Breuer: Dave Grohl Should Front AC/DC Instead of Axl Rose

RONIN

I f***ing hate Jim Breuer. And have done so well before this whole Brian situation occurred. I didn't even know he was friends with Brian.

Breuer is annoying as a comic and I can't recall how many times I stopped listening to the Stern show when he would come on and sit in for the news.

The only thing that should be laughable about him is that his whole career is one big joke, but it's more sad than funny really.

AC/DC with Axl can probably move forward from Brian very easily as folk think AC/DC they think Angus in School uniform so think Jim is just being bit biased. Grohl sound like a guy you would love to go for a pint with but he would not be a good frontman for AC/DC but then again Angus is the frontman who doesn't sing but for me I havnt seen Dave play without playing behind something like drums or Guitar.  

this has to be  theeeeee .. most stupid thing ive heard .... i thinkn he just says it because he feels he gotta have Brians back or whatever ...

Dave Grohl .... :):):) .... fronting ac/dc ... its not even worth commenting ... realy ,,, ...

If ther was one other ... singer that i could think could do it ... just because he has the voice and is a cool dude... but ...still hes not the Bon type like Axl is ..

But that would be Dan McCafferty of Nazareth ... but still no ... he to much of country and western ... sort...i dont know  :)

6 hours ago, night prowler said:

this has to be  theeeeee .. most stupid thing ive heard .... i thinkn he just says it because he feels he gotta have Brians back or whatever ...

Dave Grohl .... :):):) .... fronting ac/dc ... its not even worth commenting ... realy ,,, ...

If ther was one other ... singer that i could think could do it ... just because he has the voice and is a cool dude... but ...still hes not the Bon type like Axl is ..

But that would be Dan McCafferty of Nazareth ... but still no ... he to much of country and western ... sort...i dont know  :)

It may be a bad opinion of mine but I would pick the singer of Disturbed if Axl hadn't been available. Axl was the best choice by a long shot against anyone though imo.

On 3. Juni 2016 at 10:26 AM, RONIN said:

Breuer is definitely not a fan of Axl/GnR:

The motherfucker doesnt even know when the gnr/metallica tour was.

89...get the fuck out you cunt.

That was the most annoying interview ive ever heard. Did he escape from a mental instituion or so? Put him back in, what a pathetic waste of life

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 1

Relax Axl's defense force.. it's just an interview/opinion

1. Tired of listening to @JimBreuer badmouth @axlrose...Axl is killing it for AC/DC. All Breuer's ever done is talk shit about GN'R and Axl

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

@gnrbader @axlrose Chad - I think he sounds fine ? For me ( as a fan) it's like trying to accept a step mother - I'm not ready ...

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

@JimBreuer @axlrose Jim-That's fair enough and I hear you. Axl has taken a lot of heat over this and unjustly so. He deserves better...

0 retweets

Retweet

More
@gnrbader @axlrose he's the innocent one here. I'm seeing him with G&R . THAT I'm excited to see
Edited by spliff
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, spliff said:

Relax Axl's defense force.. it's just an interview/opinion

1. Tired of listening to @JimBreuer badmouth @axlrose...Axl is killing it for AC/DC. All Breuer's ever done is talk shit about GN'R and Axl

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

@gnrbader @axlrose Chad - I think he sounds fine ? For me ( as a fan) it's like trying to accept a step mother - I'm not ready ...

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

@JimBreuer @axlrose Jim-That's fair enough and I hear you. Axl has taken a lot of heat over this and unjustly so. He deserves better...

0 retweets

Retweet

More
@gnrbader @axlrose he's the innocent one here. I'm seeing him with G&R . THAT I'm excited to see

The truth lying somewhere between the two sides

Btw Davey Grohlton would die if somebody force him to sing the AC/DC catalog for 2 hours straight... i mean he's got a good voice, and even got some minuscule rasp, but that's nothing compared to Axl's recent shrieks

Hahahahaha! "Dave Grohl would sound great." The dude can't even sing The Pretender in its original key, never mind Hells Bells or Back in Black. What a ridiculous idea. Taylor Hawkins would be a better fit than Grohl.

No disrespect, I love Dave I think he's a classy guy but I'm just being honest. He doesn't have anywhere near the vocal chops for AC/DC. Hell, he probably knows that and would most likely turn it down if he were asked. Which he wouldn't be.

Edited by AlexC
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, DMathski said:

He does have a good point that it would be cool to see Axl mention Brian during the show I don't believe he's done that...

he probably doesn't want to cheapen the experience too much for those in attendance. mentioning brian immediately devalues what he and the rest of the band are trying to do, and kind of directly draws comparison. i think he handled it pretty well by paying respects to brian before they went on tour, but not dragging it out too much or drawing attention to something that is ultimately unfortunate and sad for most fans. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Man...I really don't think it would be a good idea for axl to go mentioning Brian in front of  thousands of AC/DC fans.

He mentioned him in his interview. Don't do it in front of a rowdy boozed up crowd.

Mob mentality might set in.

yet most of the AC/DC fans I've seen on their forum seem pretty accepting of Axl stepping in for Brian. just a few of the die hard Brian lovers and Axl haters are really PO'D about it. and it's those that you have to worry about going full on crazy so it's best for him to keep Brian's name out of his mouth for his own sake. I am surprised at how many are pro Axl now, but that's my guy. he' so great he was bound to win a lot of them over. and to see the GN'R fans who were not AC/DC fans liking them now because of Axl is cool...just don't think because you're fans now you get the right to criticize Bon and even Brian. they built AC/DC , at this point Axl is a guest in the AC/DC "house"! :P