DMCA notices sent to Google and other websites targeting unflattering photos of Axl.

7 minutes ago, W.AxlRose said:

he's not that fat in that photo,ugly yes but not fat.It's just a really unflattering photo.....don't most people have ugly photos of themselves? We non famous people have the benefit of them not being plastered all over the web.

Hmmm. Pretty hard to have it removed from all over the web. There are millions of copies of this photo and people will keep posting them.

What I see wrong with this is that most of the memes used the photo taken by someone to create a new image, oftenly photoshopped to make Axl look even fatter. 

I once learned Mitch Lafon took several pics of this show too and when you compare them, he doesn't look as much heavy as in that one picture. Which proves that particular photo was doctorized.

The only way to deal with this is that Axl gets serious with his weight issues and goes on a strict diet to lose the extra pounds he's still has. Just like he managed to revert his singing from those years people said he couldn't sign anymore and now he's a rock god, he can do the same with his image. Hire a dietician, a personal trainer and a stylist. In six months he could be laughing at those pictures and how outdated they would be.

Edited by killuridols

I think we all know what photo it was going to be, and as said the biggest way to shut down the haters is prove them wrong. 

That said I don't feel he has much to prove. It is just an unfortunate photo, the other pictures taken on the same night look pretty good, the shirt and jeans work far better than T-shirts and jackets. Just get rid of the damn hat and there's nothing to worry about.

The DMCA just brings more attention to something best forgotten about.

• Like 1

Why does Axl do this - act like an arse when he doesn't need to? It is similar to that computer game which had Slash on it; he sued them, and lost. He is riding high on the reunion and Axl/DC now; he doesn't need to do this.

Blargh this just reminds me of how Beyoncé's team sent emails to Buzzfeed to take down "unflattering" photos of her performing at the Superbowl. All it did was give them ammunition to rag on her more. Can't close Pandora's Box! 

Huh, that is a pretty clever way of using the copyright law in ways that it was never meant to be used. Leave up the stuff that looks good and have the less than flattering stuff removed. How long have bands/businesses been doing this? Would anyone even really have noticed if it wasn't for this random website commenting on it? How many other artists/businesses have done the same thing and it passed under the radar as DMCA takes downs are common.

I remember the sudden shift when youtube videos started to be left alone for the most part- it was about when youtube started linking all videos with music in them to the original artist (and I am assuming sending part of any revenue made to the artist), but you still randomly see them every once in a while.

44 minutes ago, maxpax said:

He should delete all vma 2002 pics as well... media used them til 2010 when they wrote about the past 1993 axl.2002-axl-rose-2236126.jpg

Truly a sad day.  Axl comes out with this look, and his "hired" Guns.  The nightmare era began.  Glad it is over.

• Like 4

I'm going to unlock this as it has received a tremendous amount of news in the last few days without the band, Axl, or anyone connected with the band seeking to clarify the matter.  At this point, one would have to assume this was on behalf of Axl or management considering the crushing news coverage this has received.

It should also be of note that GNR's person in charge of PR has left her previous firm in April and is now with a new outfit.  This is simply conjecture on my part, but something tells me she has not handled GNR's PR responsibilities since leaving in April.  The efforts taken to remove unflattering images of Axl from the web certainly would not have received approval or support from anyone who knows anything about public relations.  

• Like 1

• downzy changed the title to DMCA notices sent to Google and other websites targeting unflattering photos of Axl.