Say Axl/DC release an album, which would you prefer?

Aaron_H

Apparently Axl would like to add an element of emotion to an ACDC record. In that interview he talked about the Brian era songs lacking emotions like love where as Bon wasn't afraid of talking about that stuff, so if I'm an ACDC fan I'd be excited to hear what Axl brings lyrically to the table. Should be fun and filled with energy. I think he has a good grasp on what ACDC is about. 

• Like 1

On 8 June 2016 at 6:39 PM, nelsontod said:

re-sing all the acdc albums.  except the last album.  not even axl can save that record.

Haha. :D I was going to put an option 3, which would have been a rerecorded "Greatest hits" w/ Axl - but a professional recording of the live set would likely suffice.

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 11:48 AM, Aaron_H said:

Haha. :D I was going to put an option 3, which would have been a rerecorded "Greatest hits" w/ Axl - but a professional recording of the live set would likely suffice.

I had had this thought. Bit like what Kiss did.

On June 14, 2016 at 6:50 AM, PirateChick said:

Although i'd love to get new material, the most realistic option is a live album.

I personally wish they would release a double album with ACDC greatest hits. album 1 Bon Scott era album 2 Brian Johnson's era. That would be amazing

AC/DC is totally against greatest hits albums - they believe every album is a whole, and picking and choosing tracks deflates the album experience. That's also why AC/DC took so long to jump on the downloads bandwagon (And they're still not on iTunes IIRC). I remember a story from when they had that add-on disc for Rock Band back in like 2008 or 2009, the developers of Rock Band wanted to do an AC/DC's greatest hits pack but the band wouldn't allow it, so the developers "cheated" by saying they wanted to do Live At Donington :lol: 

• Like 1

On June 22, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Powerage5 said:

AC/DC is totally against greatest hits albums - they believe every album is a whole, and picking and choosing tracks deflates the album experience. That's also why AC/DC took so long to jump on the downloads bandwagon (And they're still not on iTunes IIRC). I remember a story from when they had that add-on disc for Rock Band back in like 2008 or 2009, the developers of Rock Band wanted to do an AC/DC's greatest hits pack but the band wouldn't allow it, so the developers "cheated" by saying they wanted to do Live At Donington :lol: 

I wish they would make an exception and record their greatest hits with Axl singing! But a live album would also be fine ?

• 5 weeks later...