China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I can't be the only one who thinks an Axl book will be a rambling mess unless he let someone help him write it. I don't know if he would do that. 

Dunno about tht, but it will be definitely interesting book.

If Someone could help Axl to write a book it probably will be Duff

2 minutes ago, Scumcat Esq. said:

Without a parachute? Yeah, definitely sounds like him.

Izzy probably regret tht now cause He didnt do it :lol:

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

F'n CD was built for movie soundtracks. Go listen to the instrumentals, he's had his fun, back to rock!

It sounds like a simple rock album with some synth and electronic beats here and there. Instrumentals sound like Linkin Park songs to me, completely different from a movie soundtrack.

15 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

https://www.yahoo.com/music/axl-rose-reveals-guns-n-165548697.html

Axl has been on the cover of Yahoo's webpage everyday this week for different reasons haha 

“I didn’t have to tell Slash anything about embracing, or how to play the Chinese Democracy songs. He just embraced them. He worked really hard,” he said. “The last times we talked, he said ‘I don’t want to work that hard.’ For him to take on Buckethead’s parts and step into it on his own and work on it and enjoy it, that helped a lot.”

Its really cool to read this... So whatever They do now I guess Slash is okay with it now

We have the new N' mature Axl N' Slash now, Wht about Izzy?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

My first post was about cats...I'm pretty sure my debut shook this forum to its core

When I asked who else had a successful debut I was referring to Appetite LOL. I'm sure your cat post was very interesting nonetheless :)))

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, maynard said:

It sounds like a simple rock album with some synth and electronic beats here and there. Instrumentals sound like Linkin Park songs to me, completely different from a movie soundtrack.

these could have been on a movie sound track, he's no Han Zimmer but it's pretty good. I love the piano on street of dreams

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

I don't think he ever really had total creative control in a sense. They could still put out soul monster just wipe out tommys bass parts for duffs since they'd be pretty much the same, and just have slash re record the solos. Kind of like Chinese and this I love when they're played live. So even though the song isn't being written from scratch they still get to write their own parts and bring something different to the songs. It's a fair compromise. 

Yeah, then throw in 3-4 all new songs written by the 3 of them with some mean Slash riffs and we are golden

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Will He Write an Autobiography?
“I think so, possibly yes. But it’s tough because I haven’t figured out a way to word things that doesn’t just look like I’m being negative to everybody else, or calling them a liar. Slash and I hadn’t talked in 19 years, and when we did talk, I was like, ‘You know, you wrote about a lot of stuff that didn’t happen, that just … is not real.'”

This is why We need Your book, Axl! @Dexter  :headbang:

So in short " I don't want to call Slash a liar, but he lied about a lot of stuff in his book". Oh Guns n Roses don't you go changin.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

So in short " I don't want to call Slash a liar, but he lied about a lot of stuff in his book". Oh Guns n Roses don't you go changin.

I took that from what Axl said too. Kinda interesting, as are all things GN'R I guess lol.

1 hour ago, Silverburst80 said:

I think Axl meant that Slash didn't fabricate stuff for his book on purpose, that he didn't know the whole truth. That's how it sounded to me.

But we need your book ASAP, @Dexter. Please, make it happen!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

I'm sure Axl knows how to hide in plain sight as far as just doing day to day stuff goes, no one living where he lives seeks out celebrities except for fans and paparazzi.

In a way his reputation keeps a lot of people from approaching him, but it also means he's going to be nicer than some fake celeb who is a jackass when the cameras aren't on on them, but with everyone  having video on their phones, there's not  a time when the cameras aren't going to be on them. 

No one's brought up whether or not he was paid to do the Q&A. 

I think China Exchange is a charity organization. 

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

The most important thing for me is the fact that Axl, Slash, and Duff have at least entertained the idea of making new music together.

I agree...that made me quite happy to hear! Fingers crossed that it does indeed happen. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Inglorious said:

Maybe I missed it - but without going back and looking at every page until I possibly find it - the video of the event was released or no?

'Video expected in a week or so. It will be on the YouT

48 minutes ago, Inglorious said:

Maybe I missed it - but without going back and looking at every page until I possibly find it - the video of the event was released or no?

China Exchange will post the video on its YouTube channel in a week or so. 

35 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Is there a transcript of the interview? I'm having trouble making everything out that he says. 

Asking the same here. But only because I am traveling at the moment and have no wifi connection and limited data plan to watch videos...anyone kind enough?:P