China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose

Prudential Series: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose

13398617_979290212169959_1814399806_n.jp

Info:

TUE 7 JUN
Axl Rose, lead singer of Guns n’ Roses and current guest vocalist on the AC/DC tour, has been an icon of rock since GnR first emerged in the mid-1980’s. His vocal talent – mixing a distinctive falsetto with hard rock vocal traditions – defined the bands first album, Appetite for Destruction, which at over 18 million copies sold, is the most popular debut album in US history. The record is regularly ranked by critics as one of the the greatest hard rock albums of all time. 
When AC/DC’s Brian Johnson had to pull out of the band’s 2016 tour, Axl was invited to take his place. Performing with a broken foot, Axl has received excellent reviews for this 2016 pairing of rock legends.

About:

China Exchange was created by Sir David Tang who has the vision for a dynamic centre promoting
excellence in Chinatown. Housed in the former BT Telephone Exchange and following an extensive
renovation China Exchange serves as a home for ideas, discussion, and creative expression that
stimulate greater understanding of and curiosity about China’s impact on the world.

Our “60 Minutes with…” Prudential series features accomplished – often very well-known – guests selected by Sir David as speakers on the basis of their extraordinary lives and achievements. With a low ticket price, the events make excellence accessible in London and online and serve to attract people who may not otherwise visit London’s Chinatown or attend a China-related event.

• Like 2

Well that... ought to be interesting?

God this band. We won't get a proper interview or any questions answered, but Axl will sit down with "China Exchange" and discuss "various (probably China related) issues" for an hour?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry :lol::facepalm:

EDIT: Hope we'll at least get to hear what was talked about, since I figure no one here will have been there. Wasn't really announced anywhere, was it?

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 4

Please someone explain to me what the hell is this? I never heard of this, what is China Exchange? Why is he talking about that?

How come we didn't know about this? Who are those people in the audience? 

Why I wasn't invited? :cry:

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Please someone explain to me what the hell is this? I never heard of this, what is China Exchange? Why is he talking about that?

How come we didn't know about this? Who are those people in the audience? 

Why I wasn't invited? :cry:

Just seems to be some cultural event/discussion regularly held in London's china town. And they apparently like to invite celebrities as guest speakers or something.