Is ACDC sending a subtle message with this post on their Facebook?

killuridols

The band deal With its issues behind very closed Doors ... And they never been about explaining themselves to other more then anouncing decisions...the respect and loyalty and friendship and all that is there ... There is no bad feelings between any past or present members ... And i dont think Brian either.....ITs just none of our buissness and They leave IT to us to speculate all the way untill and IF they have something they feel Needs to be publicly adressed ....IF not...they dont...they move on....do what They do ....

its One thing about the band that i like...they dont Owe the press and public to defend and explain... Everyone will know When they feel ITs something to know

but idiots like the Bruer Guy ....how stupid du you get?

its not his thing to talk about...

the band the Boys doesnt look and behave like People who dont know ....They look and behave like à band who knows about its present and its future....

we all just frustrated becase we cant figure this out ?

Edited by night prowler

1 hour ago, Gibbo 27 said:

My bets Brian want be back and Axl will be on the next album 

The words coming up on the left are quite funny. People who don't have English as their 1st language and read those notes will find this the strangest conversation . :lol:

4 hours ago, rock4eva said:

Yes I see what you mean after reading your post. It does make sense and your remark of (which I tried my best to explain above) I have to say you did more than your best. I wonder how long it was between Brian telling the band he couldn't go on any longer & them having to decide what to do. An awful situation to be stuck in, many said a singer from a tribute band would have been accepted better than Axl. Would you agree with me thinking that singing in a tribute band is great but to be fronting such a famous band you'd need to know a lot more about the inner workings of the group, management etc? Axl has had that experience whereas an unknown might find they're thrown in the deep end & also would have to not allow negativity affect him.

Well he played his last date on the 28th of February. They announced the postponement of the tour on March 7th (the next date was on the 8th) and they had the European leg coming up in May. I think it's fair to assume they had less than a week to make the call that they were going to continue the tour with another singer. They're would have known that word travels fast; if there's an issue with Brian, promoters are going to immediately wonder whether they should be looking at other acts to fill an AC/DC-sized gap. You can't postpone the decision for very long.

Axl said he put his feelers out as soon as he heard the news... I know he wasn't the only person they auditioned. There was this guy from a tribute band they auditioned before they chose Axl, he's probably the best I've ever heard:

That said, I think with respect to going for a tribute singer over someone established.... it's absolutely a bad idea for all the reasons you mentioned. Also consider the fact that the dates were already booked

Eddie Trunk's quote "You have to give fans the holy shit moment" was spot on. You can maybe get away with an unknown/tribute singer if you're announcing a new tour/album without Brian and/or selling tickets at a lower cost.

...But for people that had already shelled out hundreds of dollars to see AC/DC with Brian, they're immediately going to want a refund unless you can give them that "holy shit" moment to make up for him not being there. There are very few names in the biz that you could throw in and have the fans feel like they were getting value for money. Axl has definitely delivered on all counts here.

• Like 2

Oh definitely from the point of view of being a fan of Axl. I don't get the hate though but I'm biased. If Axl couldn't sing at a concert I had tickets for I'd be shattered as he's the reason I'd want to go. I  wouldn't pour such slurs over the replacement singer and maybe resell my ticket.

If I was just a fan of the band and not have the feelings for the singer it wouldn't matter. I don't know if Brian has the charisma and appeal to women that Axl has though. He seems to be someone you really like or really can't stand but it's great to read comments from people who doubted he'd pull it off and have praised him for not only his performance but for being respectful and making sure he steps back to give the limelight to ACDC members.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, highvoltage said:

There was this guy from a tribute band they auditioned before they chose Axl, he's probably the best I've ever heard:

I didn't like it. Maybe for a studio recording (but still not good enough for a band like ACDC), what about the performance in a big stage?

Thats a big part of the show and why people buy a ticket to get entertained. Can this guy really front ACDC? Will he stand still like that for 2 hours?

I can't think of anyone better than Axl for this. He's the whole package. Not only can sing, he can entertain 60,000 people, walk across the stage without inhibitions. He's a showman. 

• Like 1

i would have to agree that a tribute band singer would have been   :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::wacko::wacko::wacko: .... and i would have felt so sorry for angus for loosin his smoked mind ..

As it turned out it was the exact opposite that happened .... The genious Angus knew what was what ... and was he right ? ... yes he was ..

takin that thought a bit further i wonder how many other bands... of the so called huge ones out there that would have done that .. taken Axl in .. and given him a chance?

i think the majority of them would have gone for the: "hi-is-a-full-blown-pshycho-can-not-ever-be-trusted-gonna-ruin-our-band-for-all-future" thinkin ...

i dont any other band would have done what Angus did ... realy! ... the reputation of that man what he created the last two dacades ... and how he comes (came) across...

.... So ,... therefore.. i would say ... A big big boquet of roses to Angus from axl and friends for mor or less givin him the world to ......

im i wrong ?  ;)

Edited by night prowler

7 minutes ago, night prowler said:

i would have to agree that a tribute band singer would have been   :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::wacko::wacko::wacko: .... and i would have felt so sorry for angus for loosin his smoked mind ..

As it turned out it was the exact opposite that happened .... The genious Angus knew what was what ... and was he right ? ... yes he was ..

takin that thought a bit further i wonder how many other bands... of the so called huge ones out there that would have done that .. taken Axl in .. and given him a chance?

i think the majority of them would have gone for the: "hi-is-a-full-blown-pshycho-can-not-ever-be-trusted-gonna-ruin-our-band-for-all-future" thinkin ...

i dont any other band would have done what Angus did ... realy! ... the reputation of that man what he created the last two dacades ... and how he comes (came) across...

.... So ,... therefore.. i would say ... A big big boquet of roses to Angus from axl and friends for mor or less givin him the world to ......

im i wrong ?  ;)

That's because Angus knows the business and he doesn't give a fuck about what the press say. Besides, Axl is very charming when he speaks. I'm sure he drove Angus crazy, filled him with ideas and stuff finally convincing him.

What other band would take him? I think Aerosmith would and maybe the Rolling Stones. There is no bad blood between Axl and those bands. The rest are somewhat in the same league than Guns N' Roses and would probably feel offended.

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That's because Angus knows the business and he doesn't give a fuck about what the press say. Besides, Axl is very charming when he speaks. I'm sure he drove Angus crazy, filled him with ideas and stuff finally convincing him.

What other band would take him? I think Aerosmith would and maybe the Rolling Stones. There is no bad blood between Axl and those bands. The rest are somewhat in the same league than Guns N' Roses and would probably feel offended.

You think .. aerosmith ... doesnt feel like he would have the same amount of respect for them bunch of (my own oppinion) older-women-lookin-old-guys ..

Stones ...mmm ..yes... Charlie isnt someone you mess with ...

Story about when Jagger (drunk and more) called watts in the middle of the night and wondere were his drummer were ..

Charlie acording to story got up, shaved, out on a suite, got down and met with jagger and punched him in tha face and said: "dont you ever call me your drummer again , your my singer"

1 minute ago, night prowler said:

You think .. aerosmith ... doesnt feel like he would have the same amount of respect for them bunch of (my own oppinion) older-women-lookin-old-guys ..

Stones ...mmm ..yes... Charlie isnt someone you mess with ...

I think he does respect them. Mentioned them as one of his influences. GNR opened for them in the 80s and Axl has covered many Aeorsmith songs, even recorded "Back in The Saddle" with Sebastian Bach.

ok..well then ..... my book of knowing things got a bit bigger ... thanx ...

he would do good i aerosmith ... i have a bit of a problem with S. Tyler...

why does every picture of him have him screamin with open mouth as if he was takin a rough shit or something ... and same goes for nikki sixx  btw ...

looks stupid ... (stupid is relative though and subjective ... i know this :lol:)

i don't think Axl has that much respect for Aerosmith, he didn't want to tour with them in the 80s, when he was forced to he acted up. Bet he wouldn't have done that to ACDC. 

Same The Rolling Stones, when he did his duets with Mick he insisted Izzy was involved too, insisted they play a song The Stones never play live, turned up late to rehearse it, infuriating Jagger lol. Not to mention his Mr Brownstone outburst. 

And poor Iron Maiden, absolutely no respect for them at all :D 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

i think what has made ac/dc   angus .. and boys .. so respcted .. is probably that the only thing they ever done... publicly ... is play music..

and that they ......declared that the one thing they never ever gonna do .. ever never... is change what they do ... and they never have ...

anyone who tried to suggest that ..got to feel the wrath of Malcolm .... its all in the books ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

i don't think Axl has that much respect for Aerosmith, he didn't want to tour with them in the 80s, when he was forced to he acted up. Bet he wouldn't have done that to ACDC. 

Same The Rolling Stones, when he did his duets with Mick he insisted Izzy was involved too, insisted they play a song The Stones never play live, turned up late to rehearse it, infuriating Jagger lol. Not to mention his Mr Brownstone outburst. 

And poor Iron Maiden, absolutely no respect for them at all :D 

Yet he sang Mama Kin, Train Kept A Rollin and Back In The Saddle?

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

I didn't like it. Maybe for a studio recording (but still not good enough for a band like ACDC), what about the performance in a big stage?

Thats a big part of the show and why people buy a ticket to get entertained. Can this guy really front ACDC? Will he stand still like that for 2 hours?

I can't think of anyone better than Axl for this. He's the whole package. Not only can sing, he can entertain 60,000 people, walk across the stage without inhibitions. He's a showman. 

For a tribute singer he's one of the few I've heard where singing like Brian sounds quite natural for him.

As far as a performance on the big stage, I think you and I both agree that seeing a Brian clone up there would be weirder than it was entertaining. I think he's the best tribute singer I've heard, but no, I don't think he would be a suitable stand-in. 

11 hours ago, night prowler said:

The band deal With its issues behind very closed Doors ... And they never been about explaining themselves to other more then anouncing decisions...the respect and loyalty and friendship and all that is there ... There is no bad feelings between any past or present members ... And i dont think Brian either.....ITs just none of our buissness and They leave IT to us to speculate all the way untill and IF they have something they feel Needs to be publicly adressed ....IF not...they dont...they move on....do what They do ....

its One thing about the band that i like...they dont Owe the press and public to defend and explain... Everyone will know When they feel ITs something to know

but idiots like the Bruer Guy ....how stupid du you get?

its not his thing to talk about...

the band the Boys doesnt look and behave like People who dont know ....They look and behave like à band who knows about its present and its future....

we all just frustrated becase we cant figure this out ?

Word. It's how AC/DC do it.

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Still, he wasn't too respectful on that tour was he? Not wanting to do it in the first place, then begrudgingly going, then telling everyone GNR should be the headliners of said tour. 

Tbh I don't remember much about that but hey, Mama Kin is included in GNR Lies. In 1992, Joe Perry and Steven Tyler were guests in the famous PPV show in Paris. They duet on Mama Kin.

And in 2007 Axl and Baz covered Back In The Saddle. I don't think he would sing their songs if he didn't respect them.

I wouldn't take much reference from the things Axl's done 20 years ago. He has changed a lot. Who would have thought in 1992 that Axl would receive help from Dave Grohl twenty four years in the future? ;)

Steven Tyler wrote a very cool tweet supporting AXL/DC after the first show in Lisbon.

I don't think there's bad blood there at all.

5 hours ago, highvoltage said:

For a tribute singer he's one of the few I've heard where singing like Brian sounds quite natural for him.

As far as a performance on the big stage, I think you and I both agree that seeing a Brian clone up there would be weirder than it was entertaining. I think he's the best tribute singer I've heard, but no, I don't think he would be a suitable stand-in. 

Ok. It's just that I have huge issues with imitators. There's nothing that turns me off so much that a cover-tribute band. 

On June 8, 2016 at 1:22 AM, highvoltage said:

I think you're looking too far into it. Angus isn't logging into the AC/DC Facebook page and choosing which articles go up.

It's got nothing to do with Brian at all, of course their Facebook admin is going to post a review like that.... Axl is in the band at the moment and it is in their interests to promote reviews that support him. Suggesting he is a second-rate Brian is only going to hurt ticket sales at this point.

If Brian is physically able to tour again, there is more or less no question that he would rejoin the band again. In the meantime, they have found a very worthy replacement and it's certainly not a chip on Brian to celebrate the fact that they're still out there exceeding all expectations. They should be proud, not guilty.

Nailed it. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/7/2016 at 2:32 PM, night prowler said:

Im pretty sure that Brian returning was nerver an option ...i dont think he perhaps Wanted out ...bust last couple of years hes been Open with his feelings ...well ...IT wasnt hard anyway to read between the lines that he was pretty Much tired and Worn out... But the loyalty he feels felt towards angus and the band is beyound understanding ....so for him to mearly Quit because he doesnt Wanna Anymore was never gonna happen... Only something like This that more or less prevented him to go on or he could suffer great damage was Gonna end his run in ac/dc  i mean They all Known for à long time what Will happen .. We keep guessin ....i think its all about respect to both bands fans ....but what i think he was never returning and that story posted doesnt hurt him at all i think....Cause he at peace with his decent  career ....they would never ever post something like that without IT being totaly ok from Everybodys perspective .....

i think....of course....i dont know

he

well said :D