I fuckin knew it ... long ago :)

night prowler

Asked about his relationship with Angus Young, Axl said: "It's great. I can't really explain it. I feel something… I feel protective, [like] I do not want to let this guy down, more than almost anybody I've ever met. And I don't know why. And he's very responsive to me. And they said they hadn't seen him this happy, they hadn't seen him moving around [as much before]. So that's kind of a neat thing between musicians."

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Axl has better chemistry with Angus than Slash now

the harsh reality for us Guns fans 

Not sure that is fair, after all Axl was confined to a chair for the most part until July 23rd with Slash

• Like 3

It's so much different playing with your heroes and do something new.

Axl is calm now enjoying the moment, cause this isn't his own business like GN'R. It's Angus's. His the "manager".

And all the anxiety of doing the right thing and keep everyone pleased, is just gone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

That quote makes me cry happy tears. I'm amazed at how caring Axl can be.

I had sensed too that he loves Angus very dearly. When people joke about Grandpa Angus, I picture Axl as his grandchild (even if Angus isn't much older than him).

:heart:

Something has shocked me this morning, went on Twitter and the Axl vs Google thing was there, I read some comments and there were quite a few defending him. Checked their profile.....ACDC fans :wow: .  Sweet. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Not sure that is fair, after all Axl was confined to a chair for the most part until July 23rd with Slash

Agree! As soon as the U.S. GN'R Tour begins Axl is gonna switch back to Slash mode again. But I think it's great things between Axl and Angus worked better than expected

:headbang:

Angus has been left standing alone with his band a long time now while more or less the whole stupid arrogant selfish ..as we know them to be .... critics and journalists cried that it was the end of the band .. please please retire ..think of the legacy (by the way i never understood that argument... legacy!!??) .. music is about the now when you in a band... why should you think about your legacy of when your dead just because some stupid idiots think it may look better according to their idea of the band... .. idiots!!

on  some level that has to get to him .. but.. not much though i hope cause the bigger part of ac/dc fans are Angus fans .. its him they (we, i) worship idiolize and has grown up with as an out of this world idol ... so .. were Angus goes we go ... and thats whats goin on now for most parts ... thats why im not surprised to hear about the positive reactions of ac/dc fans to Axl ... not at all ...

So while the world was gunning at him but he wanted to go on .. play ... ac/dc ... his band.. his life.. his decision...

Axls been pretty much alone with his gnr a long time trying to just ....do it .. keep the band the name ... and the true fans stuck by and the winers went cryin..

And Angus .. i think with him theres no ..not even a hint of bullshit or rock star och anything ... he is a man who is, i think acording to himself, at the mercy and everyday of his career in dept to his fans .. the bands fans ... and every concert is life or death ... and axl i think feels that ...

And .. i also think that if you pay i in a band with Angus ... you sort of have to raise your level to an average of 99,9% ...cause you see and feel him goin 200% every night...

And i also pretty sure that Axl feels that Angus respects him fully...and that is perhaps what its most about ... respect and loyalty and all that ... its a two way thing ..

nice words though from Mr Rose and... im absolutely thrilled that they met, him and Angus, that Angus gave him the chance and the room and understood the man and the artist, that they as musicians got to play together and got to know eachother... because it is .. and this was my quote in the first place....

.... A matc made in rock n roll heaven ...

Edited by night prowler
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Something has shocked me this morning, went on Twitter and the Axl vs Google thing was there, I read some comments and there were quite a few defending him. Checked their profile.....ACDC fans :wow: .  Sweet. 

what was that all about ?

Edited by night prowler

17 minutes ago, night prowler said:

what was that all about ?

Pictures from a few years back when he looked like a heavy set version of the lion from the Wizard of Oz. Allegedly wants them taken off the internet.

Seems a bit daft. Yes, he looked like a bag of shite but seeing him now shows he's worked on himself quite a bit.

Axl is the best thing that happened to AC/DC in decades. It looks like they're friends and they have a lot of respect to each other as musicians.

Axl and Slash chemistry still there. Don't know how everything we've seen points to a lack of chemistry between Axl, Slash, and Duff, but maybe that's just me.

An AC/DC album that rocks hard and is accepted by the fan base could be a huge thing for Axl. I still think it's a good thing for Guns as well. He's willing to work hard for Angus. Perhaps he'll be excited enough as an artist to do something meaningful with his own band if it goes well.

Edited by Rovim

dissecting the rethoric though .... if i may  :)

When he says that him and angus are talkin about working together... it could be .. and that would be bombshell in its own..and something i would love to hear...But...just takin in mind how ac/dc normaly do things... then there would most certanly not be any of that speculative talking about that stuff before it was decided and they went public with the fact that Axl is the bands new singer and they gonna do an album with him ...

no there are numerous of different ways this can go...one is as mentioned..that Brian is om the recording and Axl tours.. but personaly i dont like that one ... i dont think Axl would either...and i dont think he should... in or ut .. i think ...

What pops up is the one were Angus does a solo album and Axl sings on it.... someone on a different forum mentioned he had read that Angus at some point wanted to do that ..

i myself havent read or heard that at anytime... and i concider  myself a lifelong... many many many many yers of being a devoted fan who reads and keeps up with the boys as good as i can .. not to say though that that one could have slipped by me... absolutely...  but i just think it would have left a big echo....

But .... that whole thing has a lot of nerve ... it would probably be the most anticipated album of my life ... other than the ac/dc album with Axl ..

And it would be interesting to hear Angus on his own... even though its a wierd thing to think even .. just feels ... like aliens gonna land type of thing ..

But i thought of it like that just because of the way  Axl spoke about that .. and that it normaly wouldnt be something they threw out there for everybody to speculate about,,but rather just told..when its ...decided.... so .. but .... quess well know soon enough ...

Edited by night prowler
  • Like 1

For all Axls having a great time playing with DC & I must stay doing a marvellous job. It really is just a warm up to the main event everyone is waiting for. Namely the real start of the "Not In This Lifetime Tour" I'd like to think Axl has learned a lot playing these shows with DC. The main thing being he doesn't need to hit the stage 2/3 hours late because he can sing really well before the witching hour. 

1 hour ago, Bansidhe said:

Pictures from a few years back when he looked like a heavy set version of the lion from the Wizard of Oz. Allegedly wants them taken off the internet.

Seems a bit daft. Yes, he looked like a bag of shite but seeing him now shows he's worked on himself quite a bit.

ive seen them now.... first time i knew it was him...seriously ...ive seen them...but never looked at them ...allways thought it was some sort of joke-picture-thing..

stand up comedian or something ... looks nothing like him ... but oh my god... i  can understand ... still though ... will be hard to win that one..i think ..

thats why its good to be band like slipknot, ghost, kiss, clown-posse ... etc ... full costumes and masks ...

one other though that ought to wanna have a couple of his removed is Gene Simmons... the man looks like... i dont know.... worse than axls i think ...and with an attitude like its cool...but that man wouldnt listen if the whole planet were on one side and him alone onthe other... Gene knows best .... that mans ego could supply continents with energy ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, night prowler said:

dissecting the rethoric though .... if i may  :)

When he says that him and angus are talkin about working together... it could be .. and that would be bombshell in its own..and something i would love to hear...But...just takin in mind how ac/dc normaly do things... then there would most certanly not be any of that speculative talking about that stuff before it was decided and they went public with the fact that Axl is the bands new singer and they gonna do an album with him ...

no there are numerous of different ways this can go...one is as mentioned..that Brian is om the recording and Axl tours.. but personaly i dont like that one ... i dont think Axl would either...and i dont think he should... in or ut .. i think ...

What pops up is the one were Angus does a solo album and Axl sings on it.... someone on a different forum mentioned he had read that Angus at some point wanted to do that ..

i myself havent read or heard that at anytime... and i concider  myself a lifelong... many many many many yers of being a devoted fan who reads and keeps up with the boys as good as i can .. not to say though that that one could have slipped by me... absolutely...  but i just think it would have left a big echo....

But .... that whole thing has a lot of nerve ... it would probably be the most anticipated album of my life ... other than the ac/dc album with Axl ..

And it would be interesting to hear Angus on his own... even though its a wierd thing to think even .. just feels ... like aliens gonna land type of thing ..

But i thought of it like that just because of the way  Axl spoke about that .. and that it normaly wouldnt be something they threw out there for everybody to speculate about,,but rather just told..when its ...decided.... so .. but .... quess well know soon enough ...

I think Angus should bet it all on Axl, and I say this objectively. He doesn't have a better option and AC/DC is still his first priority as a musician.

Why not use Axl to inject fresh blood into that old machine? it will be wasted on an Angus solo album. It will basically be closer to an Angus thing as AC/DC anyway without Malcolm and Brian.

So just go all the way. Axl is excited and it came naturally from him. It may take some time and no one could know if Angus will like it, but I think it's likely the only way for AC/DC to "move forward" will be to incorporate Axl who is influenced by their music anyway and is a natural fit in more ways than one. It's a brilliant match, they can make something that will last or at least will do justice to the legacy. Ironic that such a thing will come from a man that is considered a destroyer of bands.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

I think Angus should bet it all on Axl, and I say this objectively. He doesn't have a better option and AC/DC is still his first priority as a musician.

Why not use Axl to inject fresh blood into that old machine? it will be wasted on an Angus solo album. It will basically be closer to an Angus thing as AC/DC anyway without Malcolm and Brian.

So just go all the way. Axl is excited and it came naturally from him. It may take some time and no one could know if Angus will like it, but I think it's likely the only way for AC/DC to "move forward" will be to incorporate Axl who is influenced by their music anyway and makes sense and more ways than one. It was a brilliant match, they can make something that will last or at least will do justice to the legacy. Ironic that such a thing will come from a man that is considered a destroyer of bands.

Ironic that such a thing will come from a man that is considered a destroyer of bands.

I like that one...

And i agree.... hope so .. it could be a just awesome album ... and a big finger in the face to the world that exists of them who thinks for others ...

i would like to listen in on conversations between Angus and Axl ... think its pretty low mellow with a nice big portion of humor and just friend-like talk....

wonder what the odds were on paddypower 5 years ago :)

The best thing for all concerned is to let Axl do these 10 US DC shows. Then IF DC decide to continue, either do it with Brian or someone else I would imagine that the "Not In This Lifetime Tour" if it's a world tour will take up Axls next 18 months he needs to be fully committed to that. Yes he's done a great job for DC & I'm sure he's had a blast BUT after those 10 dates his priority & main focus should be Guns. I wish DC well in whatever road they choose to take but let's get Axl back to what he does best. He's the lead singer of Guns 'N' Roses 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AFD5 said:

The best thing for all concerned is to let Axl do these 10 US DC shows. Then IF DC decide to continue, either do it with Brian or someone else I would imagine that the "Not In This Lifetime Tour" if it's a world tour will take up Axls next 18 months he needs to be fully committed to that. Yes he's done a great job for DC & I'm sure he's had a blast BUT after those 10 dates his priority & main focus should be Guns. I wish DC well in whatever road they choose to take but let's get Axl back to what he does best. He's the lead singer of Guns 'N' Roses 

Axl was your lead singer. Now he belongs to Angus. They feel it. It's mutual love. They are cool together. Trust me.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rovim said:

So just go all the way. Axl is excited and it came naturally from him. It may take some time and no one could know if Angus will like it, but I think it's likely the only way for AC/DC to "move forward" will be to incorporate Axl who is influenced by their music anyway and is a natural fit in more ways than one. It's a brilliant match, they can make something that will last or at least will do justice to the legacy. Ironic that such a thing will come from a man that is considered a destroyer of bands.

Great post. But, even as a big AC/DC and Axl/DC fan, I wouldn't want Axl to NOT release music with Guns. I really want to hear more NEW Axl/DC but more NEW GN'R too. I want it all and I think that not just Angus should bet it all on Axl, but Slash should bet it all on Axl too, and Axl himself should bet it all on Axl. He can do this.

• Like 1

On 9 June 2016 at 6:31 PM, Mister T said:

Axl was your lead singer. Now he belongs to Angus. They feel it. It's mutual love. They are cool together. Trust me.

You're not wrong. I saw them live together and it was like it was meant to be. Maybe it's bad timing for Guns N Roses, but if there's a rock god, it would be sacrilegious for Axl and Angus not to see this through.

Its early days, but Guns doesn't have that same chemistry anymore. I've never seen Slash look less enthused during shows.

Let ACDC and Axl run its course, I think that's where the gold is.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dangelus said:

You're not wrong. I saw them live together and it was like it was meant to be. Maybe it's bad timing for Guns N Roses, but if there's a rock god, it would be sacrilegious for Axl and Angus not to see this through.

Its early days, but Guns doesn't have that same chemistry anymore. I've never seen Slash look less enthused during shows.

Let ACDC and Axl run its course, I think that's where the gold is.

I went to Manchester a bit skeptical, only bought tickets because of Axl, didn't think I'd get Thunderstruck so bad :lol:

It was a real connection between band and audience that night, Axls part of their band. ACDC care about their fans.

Angus runs the show, keeps bad boy Axl in check. 

If Axl goes to DC, then I'll follow. 

• Like 2

It's all about the timing isn't it?  I mean, if Brian had to leave AC/DC last year, before any Guns reunion was announced, and Axl had stepped in at that time, then I could well believe Angus would do whatever he could to keep Axl and therefore keep AC/DC.  And I think Axl would have wanted it.  But...Axl, Slash and Duff have reunited and have a big US tour coming up, plus Europe next year...I can't see Axl letting that go.  This has been his dream for the past 23 years.  As far as chemistry is concerned, I was at Vegas, front row both nights and I can tell you this: Axl had an expression of awe and total respect every time he looked at Slash - I nearly cried when I saw Axl looking at Slash during the intro to Chinese Democracy.  

I think Axl is having the time of his life right now, and we're the lucky ones witnessing it! 

• Like 1