Frank Ferrer: How I nailed the Guns N' Roses gig

5 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I don't care for Frank's drumming personally but I also don't care for the bilious negativity that some "fans" seem to espouse. 

Wanted to like but couldn't due to the "fans" bit. I happen to love Franks drumming but that doesn't make anyone else who doesn't like him any less of a fan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

"early GNR era"?

what is that?

a new name for "Guns n Roses"?

you mean that band formed by axl, izzy, slash, duff and steven?

you are really trying to put THAT BAND on the same boat as the drumming of frank ferrer?

It seems like you know exactly what I meant by early era GNR. Nowhere in my post do I try to put the entire band in the same boat as frank ferrer. I will say Steven is just a bad drummer, which in and of itself was charming on AFD but live the guy had problems, way worse than Frank. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

Steven is just a bad drummer, which in and of itself was charming on AFD but live the guy had problems, way worse than Frank. 

what?

are you seriously trying to put steven adler on the same boat as this frank dude?

"live the guy had problems"

what?

were you even alive when Guns n Roses was Guns n Roses?

no one could fucking touch that band

1 minute ago, ludurigan said:

what?

are you seriously trying to put steven adler on the same boat as this frank dude?

"live the guy had problems"

what?

were you even alive when Guns n Roses was Guns n Roses?

no one could fucking touch that band

What I'm saying is that the people giving Frank shit about how he plays two song Steven wrote live should recall that Steven often had difficulty playing anything he wrote live. No need to have been alive during the era, plenty of recorded sources to verify.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

What I'm saying is that the people giving Frank shit about how he plays two song Steven wrote live should recall that Steven often had difficulty playing anything he wrote live. No need to have been alive during the era, plenty of recorded sources to verify.

:facepalm:

I really don't mind Frank's playing but those selected answer from the original post are hilarious, just because he focused on the only things people are complaining about. 

Edited by KiernanProud
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I don't care for Frank's drumming personally but I also don't care for the bilious negativity that some "fans" seem to espouse. 

Agreed (not that I question whether people are fans or not though).

I have no problem with criticism, but some people can't help but bask in a wave of constant and excessive negativity. 

Life must be tough. :shrugs: 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

I will add that I am very glad he stopped playing Mr Browstone like this:

geez, i've never seen this one before!.. what the hell!??? he sounds like a cover drummer, doing a cover of a song he's bored of so he's trying to add something else to it..

it doesn't work at all, it's cringe worthy..

3 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

I like Frank and I am glad he is GnR's drummer. I am sorry for those of you who don't. I imagine the future of Guns N' Roses will be unpleasant for you. Good luck with that.

i dont like Frank and i dont think he's GNR in anyway shape or form. I'd have prefered Matt and then steven as a back up...

I kind of treat Frank the same as Melissa... i ignore her. My attention is divided to Axl, Slash and Duff..

Even though frank is there doesnt make it unpleasant.. its just Meh.

3 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

I really don't mind Frank's playing but those selected answer from the original post are hilarious, just because he focused on the only things people are complaining about. 

well isn't that the point? if there were no those things we wouldn't be complaining...

1 hour ago, sanity_lost said:

I like Frank and I am glad he is GnR's drummer. I am sorry for those of you who don't. I imagine the future of Guns N' Roses will be unpleasant for you. Good luck with that.

Assuming there will be a future. Depends on a lot of things. These shows being a success and Axl being motivated to put out new music

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

You're like any other member than just join the forum since the reunion and the ac/dc thing. Simply boring. You can have you own opinion if you want.

You seem retarded, you're just a liar. here is the real quote:

“I really try to keep the spirit of the way the song was played," Frank explains. "When we play the Appetite… stuff I try to have the push and pulls. Steven’s punk rock bits are great.

“Adler’s playing was one of the greatest rock drumming performances in the history of music. You can put it in the top ten. His playing on Appetite… is perfect. Then with Sorum it’s a little more tight and more reserved kind of playing. I do try to keep that spirit, though.”

“I have tremendous respect for the drummers in Guns N’ Roses. I love Brain so much. What Brain told me was to try and make the songs my own. I never forget that. Obviously my own personality comes through, especially on some of the funkier stuff. I might give a more New York hip hop kind of feel to it.”

Less of the personal insults please. You can get your point across without attacking other members.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

:lol: This.

For the truth of it, but also for the laughs. This :lol:.

5 hours ago, maynard said:

Slash's drummer is much better than Frank

By orders of magnitude.

Frank isn't fit to carry Fitz's jock when it comes to playing GNR songs and having them sound the way people expect them too. 

Hell, I would argue Fortus could learn from Frank about staying the hell out of Slash's way and just being the rhythm guy in the background.

Sad as it is to say musically at this point Slash's band plays the GNR songs better than the reformulated GNR does.

We'd have a better sounding show with Axl fronting Slash's band (Duff could take over for Todd) than we get from the current GNR line-up.

Axl's continuing desperation to create the appearance he didn't waste the past 20 years of his career by shoving CD era guys and material down our throats even now with Slash back in the band is almost kind of sad. Everyone sees it for what it is at this point, but he will continue to overcompensate with his all things CD era emphasis when frankly no one outside of himself, Frank, Richard or the Lebeis family gives even one fuck about it.

• Like 3