Is anyone else listening to AXL/DC on a daily basis?

JohnnyGtar

3 hours ago, JohnnyGtar said:

I'm loving these shows. I hope it's OK to say this, since some people think I'm a plant for starting a thread on how much I liked listening to the Chinese Democracy for the first time in 2016. LOL

You're fine. A lot of us here are AC/DC fans and a lot of us loved Chinese Democracy. Some people don't like the former or didn't like the latter and a few of those have a crazy obsession with denouncing one or both. Just ignore those people.

Edited by The Archer

15 hours ago, ryanf23 said:

I made a two CDR of all the studio songs in order that's played in concert.  So, I'll listen to the AC/DC songs in the order that Axl and the band play in the show.

Same here. Did a playlist with the studio version in the order. And also downloaded the marseille bootleg

oh yeah man everyday as much as i can! i love it! because it is so new and refreshing and a mix of 2 things i really love!!!! Axl well no need to explain why i love him as a singer and frontman because we all know and ACDC because it's so straight up no bullshit Rock N' Roll with catchy guitars and stuff hell yeah it's my ideal mix for these times!

While I enjoyed the one bootleg, It's not the quality of something I would listen to regularly so I've been  playing the studio albums.

Hopefully  really good audience recording or soundboard surfaces when the band rip through the state's in September.

I have to be honest, I only knew a few AC/DC songs... the ones that always plays on the radio! But this AXL/DC thing is epic!! I also made the tour setlist as a playlist now (with original AC/DC songs though, as for now...), but Axl has really made me addicted to a lot of their songs! "rock or bust", "shoot to thrill", "high voltage": I LOVE IT when Axl makes a deep voice "I said HIGH... (audience: HIGH!") and then starts going higher "I SAID HIGH!!!" :heart:

• Like 1

GNR has been 1 of my 2 (Queen being the other) favorite bands for 25+ years. Axl has always been my favorite member. I never saw them in the 80s or 90s but saw NuGNR several times. I went to Vegas for the 2 shows this year. I'm going to Detroit in a couple weeks.

I've always liked and respected AC/DC a ton but wouldn't consider them a top band for me. Of course, I was stoked that Axl was going to be singing for them. I tuned into Periscope for the Lisbon show like many of us...and like many of us was amazed at how freaking good it was.

Since then I've watched every European show on Periscope and/or YouTube. And they've been great! I didn't think 2016 could get much better as a fan of Axl since 1988. Tracking the Axl/DC shows has been a pure delight...icing on the cake for me. I'm seeing Axl/DC in Columbus in September, and hope to hit Cleveland and/or Detroit. I'm very excited (nothing will touch GNR shows for me but it'll be close).

At this point, even if the American shows are the last ones Axl does with AC/DC and GNR puts out more albums of great music I think I'll be listening to some of the Axl/DC bottlegs for years to come. These shows have just been that good and have been inspiring. And if Brian comes back, someone else sings for them, or they retire, I'll always be big AC/DC fan because of these shows.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love watching RoB there is a good pro shoot from Lisbon also TTM is another good track loved it every time he did it.

Love to be in U.S for the Arena run just to see how it all plays out from Stadium to Arena as in sound wise i guess every 1 who goes have a fucking blast......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just listened to the Axl/DC version of Rock and Roll Damnation...decent but then i neeed to watch the Bon era video. Bon will always me #1 to me but Axl comes in a respectable #2. Brian Johnson is not my cup of tea but i feel bad he's in this situation and hope that they do come up with a way to get him back with the band. Axl/DC is good but just as a one time deal IMO. Axl needs to keep w/his real band, bring Steven back, get Izzy on board and make new music, a concert DVD and keep touring! rock3

wish they were playing near me...u was hoping they's expand the tour to a venue in Sacramento or nearby. i live in Reno so i doubt they'd come here but sometimes some big bands play Tahoe and that would be doable. but it looks like after the Axl/DC remainder of that tour there's only a month til GN'R goes to South America so it's doubtful they will :thumbsdown:

• Like 1