Which AC/DC song would you like to see Guns cover, as a new addition(replacement) to the GN'R live set-list?

The Archer

By now, almost everyone in GN'R land has heard Axl doing an awesome job on the AC/DC catalog. While many may have not been AC/DC fans before, and many may have been indeed, almost everyone should now be able to appreciate that AC/DC do certainly have some gems and that not all their songs are 'just the same'. Leaving aside the odd turkey that still continues to be played (I'm looking at you GSRNRT), most of the songs in the set sound just awesome live, and in particular, they sound amazing with Axl singing them, in the form that he is currently in.

So, if you had the choice to add any ONE of AC/DC's songs - it has to be stressed, I'm not talking about adding a THIRD AC/DC song to a single GN'R set, but rather a new song that WLR or Riff Riff could be switched out for - what would would you choose?

While Axl sounds amazing on songs like Hells Bells, Thunderstruck and FTATR, IMO these are too iconic and closely identified with AC/DC (but you can name them if you want).

To my mind, there are a few great Rock tunes from AC/DC that Axl does really well on, but are not as well known as some of the other AC/DC songs. They would make for fine covers that GN'R and Axl could occasionally do live for 'fun'. I'd love to hear everyone else's pick/picks; these are my top choices and my preferred pick - 

Sin City (my first preference right now; it's just an amazing song, even though it's not a high tempo rocker and Axl is doing just great on it)

Shoot to Thrill

If You want Blood (You got it) 

Given the dog a bone

Thoughts?

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Hard to tell, could it be a song that is not on the setlist? Little fun like Rocker would be my choice. I love to hear Slash take on Back In Black but I agree it is too iconic. I would say Sin City is a nice one for GN'R.

Sure, you can name whatever you want, but I think it would just be good to see Axl sing it first before making an informed decision. I mean, I always loved Sin City and Given the dog a bone, but Axl is just killing those songs and doing much better than I would have expected. Rocker is just one of the greatest songs that AC/DC have ever done. Personally, I want to see Axl/DC do it live first, before GN'R cover it.

Edited by The Archer

3 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Sure, you can name whatever you want, but I think it would just be good to see Axl sing it first before making an informed decision. I mean, I always loved Sin City and Given the dog a bone, but Axl is just killing those songs and doing much better than I would have expected. Rocker is just one of the greatest songs that they have ever done. Personally, I want to see Axl/DC do it live first.

No I'm with you on this one, Sin City would be killer. Lyrics are too obvious for gnr, it's such a good vibe ala My Michelle but more mature and cold.

• Like 1

I LOVE Shoot To Thrill. I can't listen to the studio version of that song anymore, Axl just gave it new life. Also Given the dog a bone... ''She's using her head again''.....DAMN, just brilliant :headbang:

But overall, I don't think we need more covers in the GN'R's set. This is too much allready. Replace The Seeker with You're Crazy or Think About you. We would apreciate much more

Since we've got Axl doing a full set of AC/DC songs now, I don't really have much desire to see any AC/DC songs in the GN'R sets. That said, if I had to pick something, I'd like it to be a semi-obscure song a la Riff Raff. Should be a song with a good guitar solo. And ideally, something Axl hasn't done with AC/DC yet. So my pick goes to Let Me Put My Love Into You.

• Like 4

Yeah, I have to agree about Sin City. It just has a very mean, GNR-like vibe to it. And the "ladders give, snakes take/rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief" part reminds me of Slash (snakes) and Duff (urchin under the street), so it would make sense if they ever covered it. It's also not AC/DC's most popular song, which would make it easier to hear it through a Guns POV.

Close seconds are Touch Too Much (also a GNR feel) and YSMANL (sounds like a mix between SCOM and Paradise City imo).

9 hours ago, DexAxl said:

Why? You have him in AC/DC singing all songs what is point of AC/DC cover in GNR setlist?

Well, maybe he's going to stop fronting AC/DC after the US tour. Say AC/DC disbands and then we have GN'R doing tours for another ten years. It would be a shame to never hear Axl sing these songs again or not have Axl do some of these songs that he clearly excels at. If he does any covers at all, I'd rather have him do something that he's great at. Besides, he's said before that the reasons that they do WLR and Riff Raff is because it's 'fun' for them. I want to see as many GN'R songs in the set-list as the next person, but the point is, if they are going to do an AC/DC cover regardless of what everyone else thinks, I'd like to see them do one we've not heard them do before.

13 hours ago, The Archer said:

By now, almost everyone in GN'R land has heard Axl doing an awesome job on the AC/DC catalog. While many may have not been AC/DC fans before, and many may have been indeed, almost everyone should now be able to appreciate that AC/DC do certainly have some gems and that not all their songs are 'just the same'. Leaving aside the odd turkey that still continues to be played (I'm looking at you GSRNRT), most of the songs in the set sound just awesome live, and in particular, they sound amazing with Axl singing them, in the form that he is currently in.

So, if you had the choice to add any ONE of AC/DC's songs - it has to be stressed, I'm not talking about adding a THIRD AC/DC song to a single GN'R set, but rather a new song that WLR or Riff Riff could be switched out for - what would would you choose?

While Axl sounds amazing on songs like Hells Bells, Thunderstruck and FTATR, IMO these are too iconic and closely identified with AC/DC (but you can name them if you want).

To my mind, there are a few great Rock tunes from AC/DC that Axl does really well on, but are not as well known as some of the other AC/DC songs. They would make for fine covers that GN'R and Axl could occasionally do live for 'fun'. I'd love to hear everyone else's pick/picks; these are my top choices and my preferred pick - 

Sin City (my first preference right now; it's just an amazing song, even though it's not a high tempo rocker and Axl is doing just great on it)

Shoot to Thrill

If You want Blood (You got it) 

Given the dog a bone

Thoughts?

even though i am digging Riff Raff right now it might be cool to switch it up w/ Jailbreak. i'd LOVE to hear The Jack w/the raunchy lyrics from their live version replacing the tamer album version. Night Prowler would be cool as well.  damn so many great Bon songs ( and i'd only want a Bon Scott song in this scenario ) so it's hard to decide :D 

• Like 1