AFD 30th Anniversary - Leg 2 - Adler and Izzy

Regarding the upcoming 30th anniversary of Appetite for Destruction in 2017, do you think if GnR reconvened by taking Steven and Izzy back for the respective tour (or hopefully forever) would be able to once again sell-out stadiums for the second US leg in that capacity as in the current one? Cause I certainly think they could! 

Having heard recent rumors regarding the European tour, is there any chance that GnR takes Steven and Izzy for the outset of the aforementioned anniversary tour, taking into consideration that AFD anniversary hits 21st July? Afterwards they head back to US for the second stadium leg.

I don't expect some profound insights into this just what do you think...is it possible?

• Like 1

I really hope Adler and Izzy show for the AFD 30th anniversary (its a landmark album for rock in general), but looking at Izzys passive aggressive comments on twitter earlier this year I'm not sure. Hope Adler is clean and practices enough for at least 1 whole show.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Regarding the upcoming 30th anniversary of Appetite for Destruction in 2017, do you think if GnR reconvened by taking Steven and Izzy back for the respective tour (or hopefully forever) would be able to once again sell-out stadiums for the second US leg in that capacity as in the current one? Cause I certainly think they could! 

Having heard recent rumors regarding the European tour, is there any chance that GnR takes Steven and Izzy for the outset of the aforementioned anniversary tour, taking into consideration that AFD anniversary hits 21st July? Afterwards they head back to US for the second stadium leg.

I don't expect some profound insights into this just what do you think...is it possible?

i couldnt care less if they sell stadiums or not, thats seems to be absolutely irrelevant

i just hope that izzy, axl, slash, duff and steven can get together and write new music and record it and release it and perform it live

• 8 months later...

With the current shit talking from Adler, I just hope they can maybe book an original line up, small US tour, maybe like 20 club gigs, record it all, then a dvd release of the best performances. Pair that with a AFD anniversary edition remastered or whatever, maybe include a dvd of an old 87 or 88 show. 

Trick these days to stop downloading is to include something special.... Make it a steel tin dvd with a booklet showing the history... Maybe a free doctor pepper lol

They didn't announce LA show for 2nd US leg and 21st July is 6 days after Israel and 6 days before St. Louis so there may be surprise show again. Only thing that worries is that Steven is going around talking shit which means he is not under any contract with GNR anymore.

listen guys, the original 5 is why i got into the band in 1987, but there sound evolved in the 90,s and just the original 5 playing appetite and lies would not sell out stadiums. I dont believe Izzy would ever want back in full time it be nice if he could come as a guest for a few shows. i like the way the band is now they can play all their albums and having seen them last year in pittsburgh they blew me away how good they sounded, in fact they sounded better last year than when i saw them in pittsburgh in 92 for the gnr metallica show.

• Like 1

fuck selling out Stadiums... Stadium shows blow. They aren't selling out every stadium anyway and once this initial jaunt around the world is done, they won't be able to sell out Stadiums anymore. There is nothing wrong with that either. They will still sell out Arenas with no issue.

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

fuck selling out Stadiums... Stadium shows blow. They aren't selling out every stadium anyway and once this initial jaunt around the world is done, they won't be able to sell out Stadiums anymore. There is nothing wrong with that either. They will still sell out Arenas with no issue.

There may not be another run after this. I gotta hunch this is the final cash grab. No way they go back to Arenas. Maybe they disappear for a decade and return to cash in on a real stadium reunion 

On June 11, 2016 at 11:33 PM, BadApples87 said:

They are trying to stiff Izzy and not pay him equally to Slash, Duff, Axl.  That will cause some problems.

Does he deserve equal pay though?  And further, who says Axl, Slash and Duff are all getting equal pay.