AFD 30th Anniversary - Leg 2 - Adler and Izzy

I don't expect expect much of a fuss over appertite 30. Steven said Fernando has "special" plans but I imagine this would be the current line up playing appertite in a one off show, maybe some celebratory merchandise, 

We might get lucky with Izzy or Steven guesting, I don't see them being given a full set and I can't imagine anybody would recognise the significance that at some point it needs to be just the five together no extras- I would settle for Dizzy. 

Basically, I think it's a no, otherwise Steven would have kept quiet for a few more months.

I think Izzy all ready made his stance clear,

Edited by Archtop

I think if they did it, they would probably have to do arenas, multiple nights in big cities. The hype eventually wears off, and it's difficult for most bands to fill stadiums year in and year out, especially with the prices they're charging. Either way it's beyond unlikely after Steven's recent interviews. 

Edited by GoBucky

I can't see anything happening. I said in another thread that even if they did a one off show it would over shadow everything the current line up has done the past year and would make it harder for fans to accept the current line up in the same way when Izzy and Steven could easily be on the stage instead of Frank and Fortus. All I think we'll get is tweets from Slash , Duff and Adler and probably nothing from Axl  on the day. 

• Like 2

All I hope is Izzy won't make the same mistake he made years ago of joining his own band as a fucking guest. From a selfish point of view, it would be awesome to see him on stage with the other three (let alone with the four), even if only for 10 minutes but fuck that, if he won't get treated fairly, then I really hope he'll stay out of this and keep his dignity intact.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

fuck selling out Stadiums... Stadium shows blow. They aren't selling out every stadium anyway and once this initial jaunt around the world is done, they won't be able to sell out Stadiums anymore. There is nothing wrong with that either. They will still sell out Arenas with no issue.

But if they want to sell out stadiums that could be a way in for Izzy and Steven? 

But they could also release an album or just drop into arenas. 

They haven't played Rock in Rio yet. So there's still a way to go. 

This would  have been a big deal but what they're doing now has really killed whatever impact that would have. There just aren't enough people that would care enough about the difference to refill those stadiums. Most people  who've seen them already feel like they've seen them.

• Like 1

On 23/2/2017 at 7:16 PM, Archtop said:

I don't expect expect much of a fuss over appertite 30. Steven said Fernando has "special" plans but I imagine this would be the current line up playing appertite in a one off show, maybe some celebratory merchandise, 

We might get lucky with Izzy or Steven guesting, I don't see them being given a full set and I can't imagine anybody would recognise the significance that at some point it needs to be just the five together no extras- I would settle for Dizzy. 

Basically, I think it's a no, otherwise Steven would have kept quiet for a few more months.

I think Izzy all ready made his stance clear,

I think "the special" will be selling something, shirts of whatever, and you can get free tickets for a given show

• Like 1

On 6/11/2016 at 11:29 AM, scooby845 said:

Regarding the upcoming 30th anniversary of Appetite for Destruction in 2017, do you think if GnR reconvened by taking Steven and Izzy back for the respective tour (or hopefully forever) would be able to once again sell-out stadiums for the second US leg in that capacity as in the current one? Cause I certainly think they could! 

Having heard recent rumors regarding the European tour, is there any chance that GnR takes Steven and Izzy for the outset of the aforementioned anniversary tour, taking into consideration that AFD anniversary hits 21st July? Afterwards they head back to US for the second stadium leg.

I don't expect some profound insights into this just what do you think...is it possible?

Man I sure hope so! I mean how much money do you actually need. Axl has enough for 10 lifetimes of rock star excess! That said, he gets eternal props for making up w Slash.

There are two major hurdles here:

1. Steven and Izzy can only be brought in as hired employees and it's anyone's guess if Izzy can stomach that. It would seem like neither Adler nor Izzy will ever have a chance of getting equity in the band especially given Duff and Slash's behavior.

2. The big 3 don't need them. The same Duff and Slash who said that Izzy was integral to their songwriting process and sound is now expendable because the NITL tour is doing extremely well without his participation.

The hubris of Duff, Slash and Axl seems to indicate that if they do record new music and tour, it will be with the hired guns. They seem to think they can do it without Izzy. I doubt they will use his old contributions post-illusions since that would involve him getting song writing credit on any forthcoming album. Like these greedy bums would want that.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 1

I think that anyone thinking Izzy and Steven will join the band in any capacity at any time in the near future is in for a big disappointment that will then take up several trheads and millions of pages of this message board.

• Like 1

On 11/06/2016 at 7:29 PM, scooby845 said:

Regarding the upcoming 30th anniversary of Appetite for Destruction in 2017, do you think if GnR reconvened by taking Steven and Izzy back for the respective tour (or hopefully forever) would be able to once again sell-out stadiums for the second US leg in that capacity as in the current one? Cause I certainly think they could! 

Having heard recent rumors regarding the European tour, is there any chance that GnR takes Steven and Izzy for the outset of the aforementioned anniversary tour, taking into consideration that AFD anniversary hits 21st July? Afterwards they head back to US for the second stadium leg.

I don't expect some profound insights into this just what do you think...is it possible?

What are the recent rumours regarding European tour??

On February 23, 2017 at 8:31 AM, Top-Hatted One said:

There may not be another run after this. I gotta hunch this is the final cash grab. No way they go back to Arenas. Maybe they disappear for a decade and return to cash in on a real stadium reunion 

Unfortunately, I agree with you. I think that after the 2nd US leg, they go their separate ways. That's it, dunzo. AXL connects with Angus, records a new AC/DC record and tours in mid to late 2018.

4 hours ago, Asia said:

I think that anyone thinking Izzy and Steven will join the band in any capacity at any time in the near future is in for a big disappointment that will then take up several trheads and millions of pages of this message board.

Agreed. No way Steven and Izzy are coming back. Too bad for us fans.

My gut says they are done after this tour as well. I think Slash and Duff (and Izzy and Steven) have been ready for a reunion for a long time. Axl finally got to the point where he had trouble paying his employees and knew he was never going to make enough money with NuGuns to support his lifestyle in his old age. With the reunion everything came together for him- Duff and Slash were ready to join the Axl Show, Frank and Richard could be kept in to give NuGuns some validity, they wouldn't have to do any major publicity (he would never have to sit on a couch next to Slash and answer questions) and he could retire and live in the manner to which he has become accustomed. I think Axl knows he can't sing em' like he used to. And he has to be sick to death of those songs. There is a fire in Axl with AC/DC that he rarely shows in Guns now. If he wants, he can dabble in the music world with Angus and not be in charge, which will be a weight off his shoulders after all these years.

Slash can get married again, support his blended family (hello there, prenup!) and go back to his solo work without selling his soul.

Duff's kids will be taken care of into old age and he can become a writer and just be a guest musician with his favorite comrades. 

They are old men now. And they aren't the Rolling Stones. They know the geriatric version of OTGM is going to be a tough sell.   

• Like 3

I see no reason whatsoever for them to be done after the NITL tour. They're having a great time obviously and making lots of money, why would they give it up?

As for new music - nobody knows. I'm sure some attmept will be made, the rest is in Axl's hands and depends on wheather the presence of Slash and Duff and the equal split of responsibility boosts his confidence enough to make him put his perfectionism demons to rest for a while and agree to release some music. I believe the chance of getting new music is certainly much bigger now than it was before the reunion but if it happens... we'll see.