Steven

36 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Anything is possible with this band. This band doesn't need two keyboard players but they have that too incase you're unaware...

This.

I am still working out what Melissa actually does... but thats another argument. ;)

As for Steven, if he came in.. played 3 or 4 songs at the start of the set... say Jungle, Its so easy, civil war and YCBM... then let Frank do the middle stuff.. you could have him come back out for the encore.. Patience, RQ and Paradise... thats a 3rd of the show.. and everyones happy.. its not that bigger stretch to believe that is feasible.. hell its not even that big of a stretch to suggest maybe Steven learnt a few more songs off UYI over the years if he wanted to do them.. hes not as incapable as people make out.

anyway.. round in circles we go.. just have to wait and see i guess.

2 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Anything is possible with this band. This band doesn't need two keyboard players but they have that too incase you're unaware...

Yea, obviously they have 2 keyboard players so I'm not sure why you say it like that.

2 keyboard players on the stage at the same time.    been that way for a long long time.  

Doesn't change the fact that having more than one drummer doesn't make sense for many reasons, and its not how things work.

2 hours ago, Tadsy said:

This.

I am still working out what Melissa actually does... but thats another argument. ;)

As for Steven, if he came in.. played 3 or 4 songs at the start of the set... say Jungle, Its so easy, civil war and YCBM... then let Frank do the middle stuff.. you could have him come back out for the encore.. Patience, RQ and Paradise... thats a 3rd of the show.. and everyones happy.. its not that bigger stretch to believe that is feasible.. hell its not even that big of a stretch to suggest maybe Steven learnt a few more songs off UYI over the years if he wanted to do them.. hes not as incapable as people make out.

anyway.. round in circles we go.. just have to wait and see i guess.

If you had Steven in the band, why would you need Frank?

I don't get this fixation on having multiple drummers in the band.

Whether its Frank, Steven, or someone else.. there is only a need for one drummer.

42 minutes ago, CardinalGunner said:

Yea, obviously they have 2 keyboard players so I'm not sure why you say it like that.

2 keyboard players on the stage at the same time.    been that way for a long long time.  

Doesn't change the fact that having more than one drummer doesn't make sense for many reasons, and its not how things work.

Whether its Frank, Steven, or someone else.. there is only a need for one drummer.

I said it that way because it was the way it needed to be said.

You have multiple drummers because not all drummers were a part of all eras of GNR. How can you convince Adler to play Chinese democracy and better? Hey even slither.. Ideally you have the people the wrote and recorded their parts play them. 

Having more than one drummer makes sense here, like it or not. Adler and Frank have similar kits. Frank screws up the appetite material the most, which was adlers to begin with. And Adler has wanted this more than anyone else in the band. He's also been sober for 2 years. Adler was the original drummer and set the tone. He's the most qualified when he's on his game.

It makes sense, and it's not a big deal to include him. I don't care how things work, this is guns n roses. They've never done things how they're supposed to work, especially with this tour. My 2 keyboards point proved that

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CardinalGunner said:

im not fixated on anything... but if you think that this whole tour and future tours are going to be devoid of any talk about Adler having some sort of input to the shows, then your wrong.

I think the situation is always going to be up for discussion until its clarified properly by the people involved (which wont happen)... it could all be put to bed easily.. but thats not how Axl operates.. so as i said.. around in circles we go.

4 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Seriously I can not still imagine why you people are excited about this guy... HE did only AFD and those first demos and roughly was in the band for about 3 years.

Not only Appetite. Lies and Civil War and all the live shows he was a part of. Besides, even if it was only AFD, it would still be enough. Every good drummer is unique. Only Steven plays like that.

It might be basic stuff technically, but his feel is one of a kind and he clearly still got it. I guess people are still excited about this guy cause this guy was an important element of the classic Guns sound.

• Like 4

yeah but personally I like progression. AFD is the best album in the world and I agree. but we gotta move forward. problem with Steven is he's living in the past. he's not creative no more. My favourite drummer of GN'R was Josh Freese and Axl ruined the opportunity of using his creativity like what he did with UYI era band and 2002 lineup... but that's a diff topic.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

yeah but personally I like progression. AFD is the best album in the world and I agree. but we gotta move forward. problem with Steven is he's living in the past. he's not creative no more. My favourite drummer of GN'R was Josh Freese and Axl ruined the opportunity of using his creativity like what he did with UYI era band and 2002 lineup... but that's a diff topic.

I think perhaps most fans who want Steven to be a part of Guns just want it to happen in some capacity live. To just join in the fun on the older material for a few songs or a show. It doesn't mean they can't "move forward" with Frank. It's not like Frank is going anywhere.

Personally I just want to hear them play together with Steven and he deserves to play. What's the harm really? Robin played with Axl in 2012, so why not Steven? nobody expects him to bring something new. I just want him to bring his old drumming flavor to the table which is what I suspect most want anyway.

I don't have a real issue with Frank, but the Rn'R Hall Of Fame performance speaks for itself. Axl entertained the idea of having 2 drummers live at one point and he had 2 drummers on Chinese.

I think it's gonna happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I think perhaps most fans who want Steven to be a part of Guns just want it to happen in some capacity live. To just join in the fun on the older material for a few songs or a show. It doesn't mean they can't "move forward" with Frank. It's not like Frank is going anywhere.

Personally I just want to hear them play together with Steven and he deserves to play. What's the harm really? Robin played with Axl in 2012, so why not Steven? nobody expects him to bring something new. I just want him to bring his old drumming flavor to the table which is what I suspect most want anyway.

I don't have a real issue with Frank, but the Rn'R Hall Of Fame performance speaks for itself. Axl entertained the idea of having 2 drummers live at one point and he had 2 drummers on Chinese.

I think it's gonna happen.

There's just part of me that doesn't think he deserves it and don't want to see him rewarded for his 25 years of whining and finger pointing. I can tolerate him playing on a couple of songs as a guest but him being the full-time drummer would be stupid on a number of levels.

5 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

There's just part of me that doesn't think he deserves it and don't want to see him rewarded for his 25 years of whining and finger pointing. I can tolerate him playing on a couple of songs as a guest but him being the full-time drummer would be stupid on a number of levels.

I highly doubt Steven is ever going to be the full time drummer for Guns again. He got fired from the band when they were huge and I don't think they did everything they could to help him get his shit together to be honest. Of course he deserves it. If Axl ever manages to release another Guns album, I'd say he deserves to be a part of that as well.

The band could benefit greatly from his playing style on one or two songs. Ideally, I'd want one really hard rocking tune with him and maybe a ballad too.

His silence could mean live it's very likely he'll get to play with Guns again which makes me feel optimistic. It's not needed, but it will just make it more fun. His excitement could fuel a great performance. I don't think he's gonna fuck it up. Too important.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Asdiz said:

i find it fascinating that he would show up to 2 consecutive shows and then disappear.  i was hoping his presence would increase not go away.  4 songs over 2 shows is not enough.

Agreed. That first performance of Out Ta Get Me with him may have been my favorite performance of the tour.. It sounded incredible. And seeing 4 of the 5 originals up there was amazing. I was praying for him to be in Foxboro but wasn't counting on it due to him not being at the few shows prior.

On 6/23/2016 at 5:55 PM, ©GnrPersia said:

Seriously I can not still imagine why you people are excited about this guy... HE did only AFD and those first demos and roughly was in the band for about 3 years.

5 years. and AFD is Guns N' Roses most important album.

Edited by SlashMartin

8 minutes ago, Kmartin9928 said:

All I told was Steven will be back for 3 more shows and I thought he told me the first one being in Atlanta.. 

Thanks.  Keeping fingers crossed for Orlando.  Maybe Izzy will happen to be at Disney World and take a 25 minute ride up I-4 also! :)