Alan Niven: I'm really disappointed to see Axl playing in AC/DC

Yet Axl wearing a Manson shirt was totally fine. ;)

This is totally hilarious. Most AC/DC fans are midle aged and so not Satan worshippers, the opposite actually. Haha, you should see the town Angus has a house in, in my country. It's so boring and 'normal'. I saw in a documentary once, his wife makes him soup and all and living a very very normal life. I am a huge AC/DC fan, and eventhough I want Brian back, Axl is doing great. He is obviously honored to play with them and for a reason. AC/DC makes me laugh and that's what they want, make people happy. Their music is not serious, just simple fun. 

Niven totally lost it in this interview:lol:

• Like 4

Off topic, but i agree with him (kinda)...about the AC/DC thing but for different reasons... yeah at first i was like.. this is gonna be cool to see him doing something different and helping them out to finish their tour.. but i really hope it doesnt end up a permanent thing. Especially if it is going to detract from the chances of A) new music with Guns. B) touring outside the US...

But as for his reasons... hes a looney.

ps, agreed with his point on Civil war and pissing away his prime.. that stuff is true.

The point is that AFD was in the highway to hell and that's what everybody wanted. Axl was the one who wanted to change and try to heal himself. But Axl has struggled to get this across but there hasn't been much interest. Just constant criticism of it not being rock n roll etc. Slash is not some paragon of virtue, he's more dangerous than ACDC, AFD is a much more sinister, corrupting record to middle America than CD the geopolitical break up album is about as political/spirtitual as you get. 

But also I just think the symbolism of the devil's horns is just fun at this point. It's like Halloween. It's just an escape from reality, to get the party started. DC are a cartoon. 

So after 20 years of Axl trying to stick to his principles he finally gives up watches Mad Men, does a Bud ad and plays with ACDC which everyone wanted. Everyone wanted Guns to be ACDC as I understand it. Well here it is. 

And when he dies everyone will sell his soul for buck anyway. 

Edited by wasted
Spirite
  • Like 1

Is this for real?

Alan Niven is still butthurt because of Night Prowler, therefore Axl joining AC/DC tarnished his legacy as a second hand Bob Dylan, because he is running around under devil horns? (let's be honest, guys and gals: Civil War is almost entirely a cliché song, it's a good song, but the lyrics are hardly visionary or something and Axl already tarnished his legacy as if he was his generations representative rockstar which is a moot point anyway)

i don't know how old Niven is, but he sounds like my grandpa (he could be 86 this year....)

This is the lowest from Niven, imho

This is just screams attention seeking and severe butthurt in the inner rectum combined with extreme stupid bigotry

Gee, he really wanted this reunion gig...

Edited by Strange Broue

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

At least the mystery about Axl's voice is solved. Niven opened our eyes; we know now that Axl sold his soul to the devil to get his voice back :P

He made a pretty good deal if you ask me...

If you can choose that being a true Christian and slowly becoming a washed up Mickey Mouse or choose Satan and got your talent back, there isn't really a choiche, imho

The biggest irony in this is that Ronnie James Dio invented the devil horns as a cultural symbolum, yet his name means "God" in italian

He was 10 times a true Christian soul than Niven would ever be

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

The biggest irony in this is that Ronnie James Dio invented the devil horns as a cultural symbolum, yet his name means "God" in italian

I think that Dio once said that he borrowed the symbol from his Italian grandmother, who used it to ward off the 'evil eye'. I've seen Angus use it once at an award ceremony.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1