Alan Niven: I'm really disappointed to see Axl playing in AC/DC

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I interpreted his satanic implication as either ironic or misinformed (about the nature of AC/DC's lyrical content). Seemingly many - here - didn't!

People want to have something to attack him over. 

So were Brian's hearing problems a punishment from the devil?

This thread is hilarious. I fully expected it to be a quote from Niven about how he thought it was bad timing or not good for his voice or some other logical reason to not like the idea, and here he is going on about devil worship. :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MB. said:

Ugh. They are so not beneath him! Axl Rose is honored to play with them and he was influenced by them. It's a reallly good band and the Bon era delivered some really awesome music. Well to be fair Back in Black was a very influential album as well. They also showed other bands how to put on an really great show for the fans, Angus! They still fill up stadiums for a reason. One of the few bands who actually can. Did you listen to all their music or just a greatest hits? Just curious. 

I've heard Back In Black the album, and quite a few of their biggest hits. I also listened to Black Ice once.

They're not even a band I can appreciate from a distance, like Led Zeppelin for example. I'm not a big fan of the Led either, but there's a couple of songs that I dig, and I can see why other people like them. But with AC/DC? Nope. I find their song titles cringeful, I hate self-referencing Rock N Roll, it's so fucking corny. And the whole image, Angus dressed as a schoolboy... ugh, it's so gimmicky. Really not for me.

nice try Alan! haha, no I don't think he really believes in horns BS, in his right mind, he is just uber GnR fan, counting on Axl's superstition.

along the lines - don't stay with those devil-worshipers, stay with GnR...

of course, that indicates Axl may actually stay with ACDC, assuming man is informed well..

Did anyone else listen to one of Niven's latest radio interviews? I think it was in the last year or so. In it, he says his new girlfriend's name is Briar Rose and says she's a high functioning autistic. Compares her to Axl. Ummm,,,,awkward.

Why isn't the ACDC expert @night prowler adding his 2 cents here? :P

1 hour ago, Kira said:

Did anyone else listen to one of Niven's latest radio interviews? I think it was in the last year or so. In it, he says his new girlfriend's name is Briar Rose and says she's a high functioning autistic. Compares her to Axl. Ummm,,,,awkward.

Yeah, I did. I hated him for that. He laughed at people with Aspergers and suggested Axl has Aspergers.

What an irresponsible douchebag! :anger:

1 hour ago, Kira said:

27 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why isn't the ACDC expert @night prowler adding his 2 cents here? :P

Yeah, I did. I hated him for that. He laughed at people with Aspergers and suggested Axl has Aspergers.

What an irresponsible douchebag! :anger:

He did what?! Anyone got a link to that interview? I thought I had heard most of these douchey Niven interviews, but apparently not. And way to insult his girlfriend by comparing her to Axl, considering how much he hates Axl and seems to think he is the devil personified.

Also, I personally don't think Axl has any kind of autism spectrum disorder, but even if he had, so what? Insulting people with Asperger's? What the hell?

Seriously, every time he opens his mouth he pisses me off even more.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

He did what?! Anyone got a link to that interview? I thought I had heard most of these douchey Niven interviews, but apparently not. And way to insult his girlfriend by comparing her to Axl, considering how much he hates Axl and seems to think he is the devil personified.

Also, I personally don't think Axl has any kind of autism spectrum disorder, but even if he had, so what? Insulting people with Asperger's? What the hell?

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah, it was his most recent interview before this Axl-will-go-to-hell nonsense. It was just after the reunion tour was announced. In comparison, though, and despite the Asperger's "diagnosis", he was less negative than in previous interviews.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

On 14.6.2016 at 0:47 AM, The Archer said:

:facepalm: 

Alan Niven is behaving like a girl whom Axl once slept with and then never bothered to call again....but she still hasn't gotten over him and will now say any ridiculous thing to get some attention.

This. 100% this.

Alan Niven :monkey::violin::sleeper:

:devilshades:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, makkonen said:

This. 100% this.

Alan Niven :monkey::violin::sleeper:

:devilshades:

Considering he actually compared Axl to his girlfriend in that interview that was just posted, that analogy fits even better now :facepalm::rofl-lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Listen, you may not like AC/DC but you can't deny that they are an objectively great band. You don't do sold out stadium tours without deserving it.

Well, considering that Justin Bieber, New Kids on the Block and other such bands have sold out huge tours...I don't know if I'd always make that the barometer of quality. But otherwise, point taken. AC/DC doesn't float my boat at all personally, but one can't deny that they're considered one of the "greats."

Edited by stella

2 minutes ago, stella said:

Well, considering that Justin Bieber, New Kids on the Block and other such bands have sold out huge tours...I don't know if I'd always make that the barometer of quality. But otherwise, point taken. AC/DC doesn't float my boat at all personally, but one can't deny that they're considered one of the "greats."

I guess I didn't word that best - nowadays it's not an indication of quality. Everyone and everything is so interconnected in our world now that it's much easier to hop on a bandwagon. But you look at artists from 30-40 years ago, it's a much better indicator of lasting quality; you have some bands still selling out stadiums, while other bands have slowly puttered out and are on the club circuit barely making end's meat. 

• Like 1