Thank you Angus and Axl.

night prowler

29 minutes ago, night prowler said:

speaks volumes .... i think.

What a nice thing to say. And its been obvious to see ... in both of them.... mutual love and respect

I dont know.... i just cant get past the fact that im so happy that they met... dont think that they ever thought they would ... like this...and that they would do what they did.

They are realy and totaly a match ... the make eachother brilliant... they both have that sort of undying passion for music and what they do ... you cant fake that,..

yeah, but I hope they can keep it going, because distance sucks and it deteriorates relationships. I know there's still the U.S. Tour but I'd love to know there are firm plans to make music with Angus and also that ACDC will release some of these shows for sale.

This can't end here. It's been too awesome to fade away like that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

yeah, but I hope they can keep it going, because distance sucks and it deteriorates relationships. I know there's still the U.S. Tour but I'd love to know there are firm plans to make music with Angus and also that ACDC will release some of these shows for sale.

This can't end here. It's been too awesome to fade away like that.

i agree.... this .. break  is scary as hell ....  to much can happen ...

i would have liked them to just keep touring and make music while doin that and then ...

but then again ... he gotta do what he gotta do now... otherwise there would probably be a price on Angus head from the GNR fans ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, night prowler said:

i would have liked them to just keep touring and make music while doin that and then ...

but then again ... he gotta do what he gotta do now... otherwise there would probably be a price on Angus head from the GNR fans ...

right!  Keep in mind you are "renting" Axl Rose, you can't keep him full time lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, night prowler said:

I don't know man.... I've learned to love Angus through Axl because Angus brought us an Axl we haven't seen in a long long time. So we are thankful for that. At least, I am thankful to Angus for helping Axl shine in ways he didn't even know. Axl singing this true basic rock n roll brought back all that 70's vibe to my heart. It may sound too crazy but I'll say it anyway, when I hear Axl singing "Hell ain't a bad place to be" or "High Voltage" I can't help but hear him channeling Janis through his voice and body. You know, I'm a huge Janis Joplin fan, a psycho one, lol, and I'm convinced she lives in Axl's throat. But it's been a while since Axl channeled a Janis, because he hasn't sung real rock n roll in a long time, so these old ACDC songs are bringing back that lost vibe and that's why I'm so hooked on this AXLDC thing. I get so emotional when I hear those songs, I can hardly take it, I'm going nuts, lol. Well, I'm always over emotional and overwhelmed by the music I love but, ok, I got lost in my own train wreck of thoughts.... What I was trying to say is that, as a GNR fan, I don't care much for the reunion shows and I'd rather have a new album than a tour. I couldn't care less for Slash or Duff back just to play the same old songs. I want them back in the band to MAKE GNR MUSIC. And if Angus goes there first and puts Axl to record anything, I won't ask for his head, all the contrary I'll support it over any GNR boring tour. Just give me that man singing in an album again. It's been too fucking long since Axl released new music and he's been touring with his band for the last 10 years and more. That voice needs to be captured again, put out on a record, I don't care how they release it, just put new music out there, ffs!

lol sorry

i am mental :P

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't know man.... I've learned to love Angus through Axl because Angus brought us an Axl we haven't seen in a long long time. So we are thankful for that. At least, I am thankful to Angus for helping Axl shine in ways he didn't even know. Axl singing this true basic rock n roll brought back all that 70's vibe to my heart. It may sound too crazy but I'll say it anyway, when I hear Axl singing "Hell ain't a bad place to be" or "High Voltage" I can't help but hear him channeling Janis through his voice and body. You know, I'm a huge Janis Joplin fan, a psycho one, lol, and I'm convinced she lives in Axl's throat. But it's been a while since Axl channeled a Janis, because he hasn't sung real rock n roll in a long time, so these old ACDC songs are bringing back that lost vibe and that's why I'm so hooked on this AXLDC thing. I get so emotional when I hear those songs, I can hardly take it, I'm going nuts, lol. Well, I'm always over emotional and overwhelmed by the music I love but, ok, I got lost in my own train wreck of thoughts.... What I was trying to say is that, as a GNR fan, I don't care much for the reunion shows and I'd rather have a new album than a tour. I couldn't care less for Slash or Duff back just to play the same old songs. I want them back in the band to MAKE GNR MUSIC. And if Angus goes there first and puts Axl to record anything, I won't ask for his head, all the contrary I'll support it over any GNR boring tour. Just give me that man singing in an album again. It's been too fucking long since Axl released new music and he's been touring with his band for the last 10 years and more. That voice needs to be captured again, put out on a record, I don't care how they release it, just put new music out there, ffs!

lol sorry

I disagree with you only on the fact that I do care for the reunion tour and having Slash and Duff back. Singing the old songs? Well yeah it's going to be strange to hear that again after learning so many AccaDacca songs lately that I didn't know existed. Like you I'm hooked on the AXLDC thing, I can only say that I've heard Axl say he was a fan of Bon Scott like me & maybe that's why he's compared to him in his performance of old songs.

So now my side of the world will be able to watch as much live concert material for a while due to our time zones, in both bands.

New music has certainly got me interested now that I've heard him sing songs I didn't know & I like them, he must get back into the studio & get some records made. Then taunt us like they did with the reunion tour with bits of things being released that made us sit up and ask questions.

You're into Janis Joplin big time, well that surprises me as I've never known anyone who's into her. I don't remember her but of course I do know her & I've watched clips of her & it's so sad that she died so young as she had so much to offer the music industry with that voice. I like her songs & seeing her on video I like her hippy looks, she certainly put out great songs. I won't say what a waste of talent due to her death because what she gave us has left us with great songs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rock4eva said:

I disagree with you only on the fact that I do care for the reunion tour and having Slash and Duff back. Singing the old songs? Well yeah it's going to be strange to hear that again after learning so many AccaDacca songs lately that I didn't know existed. Like you I'm hooked on the AXLDC thing, I can only say that I've heard Axl say he was a fan of Bon Scott like me & maybe that's why he's compared to him in his performance of old songs.

So now my side of the world will be able to watch as much live concert material for a while due to our time zones, in both bands.

New music has certainly got me interested now that I've heard him sing songs I didn't know & I like them, he must get back into the studio & get some records made. Then taunt us like they did with the reunion tour with bits of things being released that made us sit up and ask questions.

You're into Janis Joplin big time, well that surprises me as I've never known anyone who's into her. I don't remember her but of course I do know her & I've watched clips of her & it's so sad that she died so young as she had so much to offer the music industry with that voice. I like her songs & seeing her on video I like her hippy looks, she certainly put out great songs. I won't say what a waste of talent due to her death because what she gave us has left us with great songs.

I know lots of fans wanted this reunion tour crap. Especially those who left when Slash left and didn't support Axl with the other musicians. 

I stayed and sunk (sp?) with the sinking ship, lol, I put up with Bucketfoot and Bumblehead :P, DJ Ashba, Pitman, several fiascos in the middle... I bought CD, I loved it, I went to the shows, blah blah but it got me tired. I waited for CD 2 & 3 & 4 and I'm still waiting so.. yeah, to me it's the same old songs, same old setlist, just Slash and Duff back, some improvements here and there, but basically nothing new. 

About Janis, I started checking her out when Axl mentioned her as one of the 70s singers he admired. And soon I made the connection of her singing style to Axl's. I didn't live when she was alive or when she died. I only know her through photos, videos and of course, the little discography she left, all of which is gold for me.

• Like 2

I know this is a little off topic but if anyone is interested they just released a great documentary about Janis Little Girl Blue.  She was amazing talent who made her mark the brief time she was here.  I actually always felt like Axl has some of the qualities of her voice and often think of him as a male version of Janis with a larger vocal range.  Here is the link below ;):http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/janis-joplin-janis-little-girl-blue-about-the-film/6284/

Edited by metalms
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

lol sorry

you know .... ive been thinkin that all the time watching this....  the man is rock n roll... i mean, real rock n roll ... like when he sings High Voltage, like you say its pure rock music.... and its like you can tell it by lookin on him that something is finally getting the chance to be let loose and come flyin out... clearly its a big part of his music soul....

And what yoy say about Janis ... absolutely ... specially the passionate and emotional screams of .. ooooaaaaaaaa... here and there in ex, high voltage ..

that is what surprised me the most ...not that he COULD do it vocaly, .... but that he sounded so blues like and had a real feel of rock n roll once it alla was a bit settled and they had found their groove as a band ...

sure wouldnt mind hearing hin and angus an co ... jaming away on some old chuck berry or little richard...

i can defenitely hera axl doin Luciiiiiiiille    :)

Edited by night prowler
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

:)

axldcbanner.png

Jesus fucking christ, I'm out of likes again  ICON9.jpg  so a big big like to this post, it's amazing. 

Thank you Axl and Angus, you've been outstanding, Europe will miss you. 

Axl should keep grandpa Angus as his personal guru, someone who is able to kick him all the way to stage on time  ICON11.jpg

PS: Using Axl's emoticons works  ICON5.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, rock4eva said:

@killuridols Just for you. :facepalm:

Oh Lord won't you help me

Force gnr to record

Other bands can all do it

Now they've made amends

I followed them all my life

Right through to the end

Oh Lord won't you help me

Get new music from my band

:lol:

hahahaha thank you!! :lol:

I'll try to record that and send it to Axl :P

9 hours ago, metalms said:

I know this is a little off topic but if anyone is interested they just released a great documentary about Janis Little Girl Blue.  She was amazing talent who made her mark the brief time she was here.  I actually always felt like Axl has some of the qualities of her voice and often think of him as a male version of Janis with a larger vocal range.  Here is the link below ;):http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/janis-joplin-janis-little-girl-blue-about-the-film/6284/

I saw that. I have to figure out how to watch it in my shit country.

And yeah, Axl IS Janis, even the way he dressed for this tour, the hat with feathers and the sunglasses and the jewelry, it screams Janis all over...

6 hours ago, night prowler said:

you know .... ive been thinkin that all the time watching this....  the man is rock n roll... i mean, real rock n roll ... like when he sings High Voltage, like you say its pure rock music.... and its like you can tell it by lookin on him that something is finally getting the chance to be let loose and come flyin out... clearly its a big part of his music soul....

And what yoy say about Janis ... absolutely ... specially the passionate and emotional screams of .. ooooaaaaaaaa... here and there in ex, high voltage ..

that is what surprised me the most ...not that he COULD do it vocaly, .... but that he sounded so blues like and had a real feel of rock n roll once it alla was a bit settled and they had found their groove as a band ...

sure wouldnt mind hearing hin and angus an co ... jaming away on some old chuck berry or little richard...

i can defenitely hera axl doin Luciiiiiiiille    :)

The problem is Axl not wanting to sing that kind of music anymore. He wants to do movie soundtracks and I dont know what BS... I hope he changes his mind, I hope someone makes him listen to himself how awesome he sounds but I don't know. He's stubborn and he's been obsessed with this CD thing for a long time now. :shrugs:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, killuridols said:

I don't know man.... I've learned to love Angus through Axl because Angus brought us an Axl we haven't seen in a long long time. So we are thankful for that. At least, I am thankful to Angus for helping Axl shine in ways he didn't even know. Axl singing this true basic rock n roll brought back all that 70's vibe to my heart. It may sound too crazy but I'll say it anyway, when I hear Axl singing "Hell ain't a bad place to be" or "High Voltage" I can't help but hear him channeling Janis through his voice and body. You know, I'm a huge Janis Joplin fan, a psycho one, lol, and I'm convinced she lives in Axl's throat.

14 hours ago, killuridols said:

About Janis, I started checking her out when Axl mentioned her as one of the 70s singers he admired. And soon I made the connection of her singing style to Axl's. I didn't live when she was alive or when she died. I only know her through photos, videos and of course, the little discography she left, all of which is gold for me.

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

And yeah, Axl IS Janis, even the way he dressed for this tour, the hat with feathers and the sunglasses and the jewelry, it screams Janis all over...

I've always heard a male incarnation of Janis Joplin in one of Axl's "voices" (the bluesiest one) and in parts of GnR's blues rock/southern rock influenced songs; Breakdown (which I hear as a Janis influenced song with piano),  Sweet Child, the Lies' version of You're Crazy... Janis is in other songs too, in a unique blend with Robert Plant/Bon Scott/Dan McCafferty...

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

The problem is Axl not wanting to sing that kind of music anymore. He wants to do movie soundtracks and I dont know what BS... I hope he changes his mind, I hope someone makes him listen to himself how awesome he sounds but I don't know. He's stubborn and he's been obsessed with this CD thing for a long time now. :shrugs:

I hope so too, but I'd like to have both from him. I want a rock n roll record, preferably a GnR album (or at least a couple of songs) with Slash-Duff (and Izzy); if it's not possible, an AXL/DC album would be good, surely better than nothing. But I'm also very interested to hear what he can do with film music. An acoustic album is another thing I would like, a Johnny Cash-American Recordings type record, with just his voice and a guitar (or piano), not much edited, not overproduced; but, obviously, and unfortunately, he's not at all interested in doing something like this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Jesus fucking christ, I'm out of likes again  ICON9.jpg  so a big big like to this post, it's amazing. 

Thank you Axl and Angus, you've been outstanding, Europe will miss you. 

Axl should keep grandpa Angus as his personal guru, someone who is able to kick him all the way to stage on time  ICON11.jpg

PS: Using Axl's emoticons works  ICON5.jpg

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, night prowler said:

movie soundtracks  !!?? .... ok...hmmm ... why??  when he can do riff raff and other :)

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've always heard a male incarnation of Janis Joplin in one of Axl's "voices" (the bluesiest one) and in parts of GnR's blues rock/southern rock influenced songs; Breakdown (which I hear as a Janis influenced song with piano),  Sweet Child, the Lies' version of You're Crazy... Janis is in other songs too, in a unique blend with Robert Plant/Bon Scott/Dan McCafferty...

I hope so too, but I'd like to have both from him. I want a rock n roll record, preferably a GnR album (or at least a couple of songs) with Slash-Duff (and Izzy); if it's not possible, an AXL/DC album would be good, surely better than nothing. But I'm also very interested to hear what he can do with film music. An acoustic album is another thing I would like, a Johnny Cash-American Recordings type record, with just his voice and a guitar (or piano), not much edited, not overproduced; but, obviously, and unfortunately, he's not at all interested in doing something like this.

Yeah. There are more songs too, I just dont remember exactly now. I wish he would sing Breakdown now... that'd be so great.

Axl owes us so many things and there's so little time left that I don't know what he's gonna do but yeah, all of the things you mentioned would be great. I just dont want him to stop singing.

I don't like movie soundtracks. But if he's going to sing then that's fine with me.

• Like 1