GN'R To Play Slither? (Set List Pic)

52 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Wasn't Perfect Crime on a stage setlist back in 2006?   Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Be very awesome to see Axl sing a VR song.   I'd prefer Fall to Pieces, but I'll be happy if he does any of them.

Yep.  A setlist was leaked/posted on GNR's old website back in 2006 with Perfect Crime included.  I think it's been a setlist alt since then, but never once been played.  I'll believe it when I hear it.  

Would be great to hear Axl sing Slither mainly as a gesture towards Slash and Duff.  As Axl noted in the China Exchange talks, both Slash and Duff learned several Chinese Democracy tunes without being asked.  Would be a nice gesture by Axl to return the favour.  

Not sure if I necessarily see it as a tribute to Scott Weiland, though perhaps that would be the motivation by Slash and Duff.  Not sure about Axl though. 

• Like 1

The setlists probably change every rehearsal, but they probably did Beggars and Hangers On, Fall To Pieces, and a few others, probably Vaseline too. Doesn't mean they will do these songs, but they're all probably doing a bunch of covers, too. 

I'm wondering if they're going to have special guest performers on the tour. 

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Yep.  A setlist was leaked/posted on GNR's old website back in 2006 with Perfect Crime included.  I think it's been a setlist alt since then, but never once been played.  I'll believe it when I hear it.  

Would be great to hear Axl sing Slither mainly as a gesture towards Slash and Duff.  As Axl noted in the China Exchange talks, both Slash and Duff learned several Chinese Democracy tunes without being asked.  Would be a nice gesture by Axl to return the favour.  

Not sure if I necessarily see it as a tribute to Scott Weiland, though perhaps that would be the motivation by Slash and Duff.  Not sure about Axl though. 

I would LOVE to hear Slither and think it would be a really cool gesture like you said. 

(I also edited the title of the thread as I agree with the last part of your post)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Axl and Slash must be on really good terms now if hes agreeing to this and the hatchet is well and truly buried. Maybe Slash should try throw Anastasia into the mix too seen as Axls being so open minded lately ;)

Yeah. I thought it was huge that Slash and Duff were both cool with playing CD stuff, like almost shocked. So if Axl sings a VR song, that's a very good sign about the chemistry they have right now and the future.

• Like 1