GN'R To Play Slither? (Set List Pic)

11 minutes ago, spliff said:

lol at Duff being able to cover Weiland.. if it does happen it's definitely going to be Axl. Duff will sing the "hey" parts

Axl all the way. This is one of those rock songs that's so good it gives me chills.

4 hours ago, wasted said:

Slither is kind of Slash's theme tune so it would be cool. I heard a live version where the intro is very long, maybe with band intros. 

Yeah I remember that too...didn't they used to have a jam on 'Feel Like Makin' Love' by Bad Company?  I thought that was kinda cool.

Could go either way with this one.. I bet it will be awesome if they do it and I hope they replace one of the CD songs when they do it. 2 CD songs is more than enough. 

Glad to see they are mixing it up though. 

Most of all I hope the band is practicing their asses off and are going to sound better than they did the first 6 shows. That is the most important thing to me. 

• Like 1

Well, they're playing Chinese democracy songs. That's really cool of axl to compromise and allow this!

25 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I wonder if Richard is in trouble now :lol: he's accidently leaked a biggie here hasn't he?... 

Maybe Izzys phone is ringing

No. I'm sorry, I admire your wishful thinking but.. No. Fortus will be fine. Izzy can still show up anytime he feels necessary. And hopefully Adler will be in Detroit next week

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Well, they're playing Chinese democracy songs. That's really cool of axl to compromise and allow this!

No. I'm sorry, I admire your wishful thinking but.. No. Fortus will be fine. Izzy can still show up anytime he feels necessary. And hopefully Adler will be in Detroit next week

Ha ha I'm ever the optimist....hmmmm Adler, I'm not so sure. I will be watching and hoping, fingers crossed. :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ha ha I'm ever the optimist....hmmmm Adler, I'm not so sure. I will be watching and hoping, fingers crossed. :) 

Haha well don't get pessimistic about Adler now! Think about it.. If Axl Rose is actually willing to sing slither let alone be cool with he band playing it, he's clearly open to anything! Plus Adler did hurt his back for the April shows, and appears to be %100 now so, I'm optimistic until anyone official says otherwise!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Haha well don't get pessimistic about Adler now! Think about it.. If Axl Rose is actually willing to sing slither let alone be cool with he band playing it, he's clearly open to anything! Plus Adler did hurt his back for the April shows, and appears to be %100 now so, I'm optimistic until anyone official says otherwise!!

I don't know, I think there's going to be a lot disappointed if they are expecting Adler. 

Also, what if in Axls absence the band have taken it upon themselves to rehearse Slither, and he doesn't know? What if they were going to try and convince him, when he gets back, to have a crack at singing it.... Optimism soon turns to pessimism when you overthink things :D 

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't know, I think there's going to be a lot disappointed if they are expecting Adler. 

Also, what if in Axls absence the band have taken it upon themselves to rehearse Slither, and he doesn't know? What if they were going to try and convince him, when he gets back, to have a crack at singing it.... Optimism soon turns to pessimism when you overthink things :D 

True.. Well I've said before that I have yet to buy a ticket to any one of these shows or put a dime of my own cash into it. If Adler and izzy get involved I'll change my tune myself and go to a show but, I'm gonna blindly wait in optimism and hope for the best. Things seem different with axl and this band now so..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walapino said:

It would be cool if they invited Matt to play Slither on a few shows!

Not gonna happen. "Hey Matt, would you like to play Slither with us, we'll have Frank handle all of your Illusions work" :lol:

9 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

True.. Well I've said before that I have yet to buy a ticket to any one of these shows or put a dime of my own cash into it. If Adler and izzy get involved I'll change my tune myself and go to a show but, I'm gonna blindly wait in optimism and hope for the best. Things seem different with axl and this band now so..

You not going to any shows? :( I would if they were here in the UK, I don't think I would be disappointed with the main three doing Coma and Slither :lol:. Seems a bit dodgy though to me, how all the rest is typed and Slither Is written on, I bet Axl doesn't know he's going to singing it lol. I hope he knows the words :) 

Reading this, I rather like Scott Weiland haha,

"Get in the ring. Go to the gym, motherfucker, or if you prefer, get a new wig, motherfucker. I think I'll resist the urge to 'stoop' to your level. Oh shit, here it comes, you fat, botox-faced, wig-wearin' fuck! O.K., I feel better now.

"Don’t think for a second we don't know where those words came from. Your unoriginal, uncreative little mind — the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics. Who's the fraud now, bitch?

"Damn, I couldn't imagine people writing for me. How many albums have you put out, man, and how long did it take the current configuration of this so-called 'band' to make this album? How long? And without the only guys that validated the name.

"How dare you! Shame on you! How dare you call our bass player 'spineless?' We toured our album over a year and a half. How many shows have you played over the last ten years? Oh, that's right — you bailed out on your long-awaited comeback tour, leaving your remaining fans feeling, shall we say, a trifle miffed?! I won't even list what I've accomplished because I don't need to. What we're talking about here is a frightened little man who once thought he was king, but unfortunately this king without his court is nothing but a memory of the asshole he once was."

• Like 3

Scott on Axl after the VR split:

"...the same story that they did with Axl Rose in their last band, where the lead singer was being demonised? Originally I thought: “What a hooray for tolerance! he must have been. What an evil man.” But you know what? I have to say that I have an entirely different opinion of him today."

That’s a turnaround. Last year you verbally laid into him in a very public manner.

"But y’know what? That was a long time ago and I’d heard a lot of stories. But there are two sides to every story, and having been in this band I actually feel for the guy and understand him a whole lot more."

http://teamrock.com/feature/2008-06-23/scott-weiland

4 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

Scott on Axl after the VR split:

"...the same story that they did with Axl Rose in their last band, where the lead singer was being demonised? Originally I thought: “What a hooray for tolerance! he must have been. What an evil man.” But you know what? I have to say that I have an entirely different opinion of him today."

That’s a turnaround. Last year you verbally laid into him in a very public manner.

"But y’know what? That was a long time ago and I’d heard a lot of stories. But there are two sides to every story, and having been in this band I actually feel for the guy and understand him a whole lot more."

http://teamrock.com/feature/2008-06-23/scott-weiland

I think it would be awesome if GN'R covered Slither, it's such a good song!

I think when Scott said that about Axl he was around a lot of animosity toward Axl from Slash, Duff and Matt. And didn't Axl say something in the press that kind of prompted that response from Scott? I can't remember exactly. But I think Scott felt a brotherhood in those days in VR so it was more like sticking up for a friend. Then as @CheapJon pointed out he changed his tune later on. 

Edited by Sprite
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Riddick Bowe said:

Axl should never ever give tribute to scott. Remember that Weiland rant against him i 06

That's only because Slash lied about things though. Obviously lied about going to Axls house, lied about who wrote lyrics... Goes on and on. He took it back to be fair.

Please let this happen! Slither is better than any CD song GNR is covering.

47 minutes ago, Riddick Bowe said:

Axl should never ever give tribute to scott. Remember that Weiland rant against him i 06

Are you 10 years old?

11 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

Wasn't Slither meant to become a GNR song in the first place, back in the day? I have back in my head that i have read something like that somewhere...

Slash wrote that riff in late 90's / early 00's. He said that in an interview a couple years ago. He also mentioned something about rest of the band not digging that riff at first :P

This arrangement they had... https://youtu.be/ximVwpbn3Qw?t=4m24s Great times.

Edited by Ralphelmo