GN'R To Play Slither? (Set List Pic)

24 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Slash wrote that riff in late 90's / early 00's. He said that in an interview a couple years ago. He also mentioned something about rest of the band not digging that riff at first :P

This arrangement they had... https://youtu.be/ximVwpbn3Qw?t=4m24s Great times.

They had some awesome jams. I preferred VR live rather than on album. They could be so good. Shame Matt isn't involved, but Frank is probably cheaper.

RIP Scott. :(

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Babooshka said:

They had some awesome jams. I preferred VR live rather than on album. They could be so good. Shame Matt isn't involved, but Frank is probably cheaper.

RIP Scott. :(

Same with snakepit, they were much much better live, admittedly they really needed to be :D 

VR were great live too. Never seen slash with myles, just never bothered with them for some reason :/ 

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Same with snakepit, they were much much better live, admittedly they really needed to be :D 

VR were great live too. Never seen slash with myles, just never bothered with them for some reason :/ 

Too bad ;) 

• Like 2

Couldnt careless for Slither, juvenille metal song that didnt match in any way GNR atmosphere.
Maybe itll sound better with Axl's voice as VR singer used to be boring as fuck, but still don't care 'bout it.

I'd die to listen anything from Five O'clock with Axl tho.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, default_ said:

Couldnt careless for Slither, juvenille metal song that didnt match in any way GNR atmosphere.
Maybe itll sound better with Axl's voice as VR singer used to be boring as fuck, but still don't care 'bout it.

I'd die to listen anything from Five O'clock with Axl tho.

Monkey Chow would be great 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That's only because Slash lied about things though. Obviously lied about going to Axls house, lied about who wrote lyrics... Goes on and on. He took it back to be fair.

We need Axl book to know wht happen between Him N' Slash in 2005 on Axl house

The song sounds more like an Alice in Chains song I heard in Vegas....but I think it has some good sections in it. I'm up for anything with Axl's vocals on it so let's hear it. 

Im interested in finding out if Axl is going to change the song at all...kinda like "hey you guys completely reworked my music now it's my turn" I think Axl would bring in the gnr feel to it.

56 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Do you think they (Guns) might be messing with us and just wrote Slither to see what fans would say? 

I don't think so. Probably Axl has seen Slash is being a good boy and he's learning CD songs so Axl is returning the favour by letting him play his own songs like Coma and Slither

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I really hope Axl sings this and not Duff. Absolutely no offense against Duff's singing. It's just that since the very first time I heard Slither, I thought "Jesus. Axl would sound awesome on this, but it'll never happen"

As much as Axl would sound good on Slither, he'll never sound as good as Scott.

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That's only because Slash lied about things though. Obviously lied about going to Axls house, lied about who wrote lyrics... Goes on and on. He took it back to be fair.

I think there could be an argument that Slash took the break up worse than Axl. Axl continued to focus on gnr while having an illogical response to the breakup while Slash kinda had your typical BF/GF break up response where he goes crazy for a bit acting like everything is ok and it was his decision. 

So I think both were a bit delusional 

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

I think there could be an argument that Slash took the break up worse than Axl. Axl continued to focus on gnr while having an illogical response to the breakup while Slash kinda had your typical BF/GF break up response where he goes crazy for a bit acting like everything is ok and it was his decision. 

So I think both were a bit delusional 

So do I, both slash and axl to me are as bad, or were as bad as each other, ok maybe axl a little bit more but yeah, definitely them two! The others just got stuck in the middle. I just meant in that instance, what prompted the hate from Scott was because slash told him Axl was lying, and then he found out he wasn't. Strange that slash admitted it though, he could've gone on forever saying it didn't happen and everyone would've believed him. 

Anyway, all this from a mere hint they may play slither, wow, this band has baggage :D 

How many songs have we seen in that section of the setlist before, though? Perfect Crime has been listed for almost a decade and never played. Let's not get too excited just yet - let's see what next week brings first.