DJ Ashba: I'll Always Go Down In The History As One Of The Guitar Players For GN'R; Axl Believed In Me

In all honestly, in 2009- 2010 I think DJ Ashba did more good for GN'R (Axl) than people like to give him credit for. I mean the guy joined the band and next thing you know they actually looked and acted like a fucking band again. Axl hadn't looked that happy on stage in a while by that point.

What I did not appreciate was his performance during 2011-2014. Seeing him in Toronto more concerned with making out with his old lady in front of the stage was cringe worth to me...And those solos....

I guess he saw the writing on the wall and lost interest. Whatever it was, I'm glad Slash is back.

Christ, you guys are harsh as fuck. I mean, I was never a massive fan of the guy, but with the character assassination going on in here you'd think he'd punched one of your parents, not just played guitar in a band for a while...

• Like 3

Ashba seems to be a nice guy and he would have been perfect for the 2002 Freak Show GnR Ensemble. I would have dig this Band, but not under the name of GnR. Imagine Finck, bucket and ashba in the same  squad. Totally weird but interesting at the same time. Call them "The Freak Circus" and I'm totally cool with that.

5 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

His legendary SCOM intro for the Golden Gods will always be remembered alongside Yoko Ono as mastery of the avante garde and ahead of its time

Yoko is talented. She's an intelligent and original artist that influenced many. John was probably a much better musician thanks to her.

Edited by Rovim

7 hours ago, WhazUp said:

His legendary SCOM intro for the Golden Gods will always be remembered alongside Yoko Ono as mastery of the avante garde and ahead of its time

I hope his guitar tech got booted in the balls for that. Guitar was very badly out of tune

So he gets a credit on the wikipedia page. Awesome. People barely remember Gilby and he thinks he'll be remembered? Either he's really delusional or just really grateful to have been part of it. Maybe both. 

22 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

My favorite is when DJ said he threw a maid out of his room for telling him not to smoke

So bad...

I was talking to someone who was at the Vegas residency shows who said that DJ was swigging from a bottle of Jägermeister between songs to look badass. She said that he took too big of a swig one time and had to puke at the side of the stage trying not to let anybody see him. :lol: 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

:lol:

I can recommend albums and get you started if you want and that's just her music. It's kinda out of left field but there are brilliant concepts there. She didn't just scream her tits off, there is more there.

Edited by Rovim

42 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I can recommend albums and get you started if you want and that's just her music. It's kinda out of left field but there are brilliant concepts there. She didn't just scream her tits off, there is more there.

No thanks :)
I've honestly tried listening to Yoko Ono, but it's just not my cup of tea.

On 6/16/2016 at 0:46 PM, Rovim said:

He won't be remembered at all.

Slash said he doesn't remember him...

SLASH 'Can't Remember' Current GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist DJ ASHBA's Name

Asked in a question-and-answer session with the French Slash forum if he is friends with any of the guitarists in the current lineup of GUNS N' ROSES, Slash — who was part of GUNS N' ROSES' classic lineup — responded: "I've never met any of them except for the guy who wears the top hat [Editor's note: Presumably referring to DJ Ashba]. I can't remember his name." 

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-cant-remember-current-guns-n-roses-guitarist-dj-ashbas-name/