DJ Ashba: I'll Always Go Down In The History As One Of The Guitar Players For GN'R; Axl Believed In Me

It's just highlights what a mess GNR became. Not just his inclusion, but when his says "one of the guitar players" it brings home that were many guitarists, and Guns became this revolving door which has cheapened the band's legacy.

Edited by Babooshka
  • Like 3

On 2016. 06. 16. at 7:30 PM, ChineseIRS said:

He'll go down as a skidmark on GNRs legacy, that's about it.

He will not go down in history, just on the toilet of the music business... From 10-15 years now on ( I assume that he could still  actively sell the "i'm a cool guy with and eyeliner aand a guitar in hand and i'm a rebelllll" image in this time frame) nobody would even remember who he was

Edited by Strange Broue

On 2016. 06. 16. at 8:50 PM, scooby845 said:

props to DJ... interesting how all of you bashing him while the exact same thing applies for all the non-Slash guitarists...

They are also not going down in history, though

maybe Buckethead, because he has got real talent and a virtuoso player but he is a recluse

We are bashing him, because his statement is ridiculously untrue

Plus he is looking like a douche... I know that he was nice with some fans, but stil, the guy is a douche and a mediocre guitarist

Edited by Strange Broue

On 2016. 06. 17. at 8:43 AM, Izzyslash said:

Buckethead? Only us forumers, big GNR fans, and guitarists know who he is. 
More people know who Gilby is when it comes to GNR, that Buckethead. 

Slash, Izzy and Gilby are the guitarplayers the most people know, as it should be. The rest of them is forgettable.

Well, Buckethead got more fans when he played with GNR, but he is more known among younger people (whom play guitar) than GNR these days... or let's just say, more people discover Buckethead than GNR in the past few years

But he is a low profile guy, though

Objectively speaking he was/is more talented than ANY guitar player in this band (including Slash)

2 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

Well, Buckethead got more fans when he played with GNR, but he is more known among younger people (whom play guitar) than GNR these days... or let's just say, more people discover Buckethead than GNR in the past few years

But he is a low profile guy, though

Objectively speaking he was/is more talented than ANY guitar player in this band (including Slash)

Nah, he's a better technicsl player yes. But so are a lot of people. He can't make up a good song though. Slash has made plenty.

But I know what you mean, as a guitarist myself, Buckethead was interesting for a while. He's an insane player, though tends to get boring after a while. Problem is that it gets to sterile. Same with Bumblefoot, Batio and others. Vai, Malmsteen etc. at least had something more to offer than technique. Imo at least :)

21 hours ago, Billsfan said:

I guess this would be a bad time to insert a picture of slash and Chris pitman hugging from January..

Post or it didn't happen :P

The thing I find most perplexing about the whole DJ thing is that there are so many videos of Axl, Ron and Tommy taking the piss out of his rotten attempt at solos on stage. Yet Matt or Brain or Frank do something wrong and the song gets stopped, they get yelled at in public and the song gets started again. 

Also, i'd love to know why Axl fired/threatened to fire DJ as per Beta's hacked emails. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

The thing I find most perplexing about the whole DJ thing is that there are so many videos of Axl, Ron and Tommy taking the piss out of his rotten attempt at solos on stage. Yet Matt or Brain or Frank do something wrong and the song gets stopped, they get yelled at in public and the song gets started again. 

Also, i'd love to know why Axl fired/threatened to fire DJ as per Beta's hacked emails. 

Hacked emails???!! 

36 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Yes c'mon, tell the rest of us about the hacked emails :) 

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes c'mon, tell the rest of us about the hacked emails :) 

MSL, the dude who leaked a whole load of Chinese, was sent a bunch of stuff anonymously in 2011 which had apparently been stolen from Beta's hacked email account. If I remember correctly that's where the Better Gone remix came from. MSL didn't post the actual contents but there's a summary here: http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=51051.0

I haven't got time to discuss it now and I was around at the time anyway but just to say that anyone who pops up to say that MSL made it up or whatever is talking crap and probably best ignored. Besides, Axl himself has tweeted some amusing stuff over the last few years pertaining to things in the emails e.g. BBF being unhappy about DJ's higher salary (there was one funny tweet where Axl basically slapped BBF down for bitching about using GN'R to market Ashbaswag when BBF did the exact same with his hot sauces. He also re-tweeted DJ's 'Don't bite the hand that feeds or you may go hungry' tweet. 

12 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

MSL, the dude who leaked a whole load of Chinese, was sent a bunch of stuff anonymously in 2011 which had apparently been stolen from Beta's hacked email account. If I remember correctly that's where the Better Gone remix came from. MSL didn't post the actual contents but there's a summary here: http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=51051.0

I haven't got time to discuss it now and I was around at the time anyway but just to say that anyone who pops up to say that MSL made it up or whatever is talking crap and probably best ignored. Besides, Axl himself has tweeted some amusing stuff over the last few years pertaining to things in the emails e.g. BBF being unhappy about DJ's higher salary (there was one funny tweet where Axl basically slapped BBF down for bitching about using GN'R to market Ashbaswag when BBF did the exact same with his hot sauces. He also re-tweeted DJ's 'Don't bite the hand that feeds or you may go hungry' tweet. 

Eeekkk a lot of that ties in with what Axl has said in that China Exchange interview. :wow: 

Thanks for finding and posting btw. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders