DJ Ashba: I'll Always Go Down In The History As One Of The Guitar Players For GN'R; Axl Believed In Me

DJ Ashba Interview Download Festival 2016

June 12, 2016

DJ Ashba was interviewed by the Mike James RockShow at this year's edition of the Download festival, which was held June 10-12 at Donington Park, United Kingdom. 

Mike James RockShow: Is this (Sixx: A.M.) now your main focus?

DJ Ashba: It is the only thing we are doing musically. I left Guns N' Roses, I'm so grateful to be a part of that, I'll always go down in the history as one of the guitar players of that band. And that's a great honor to have shared the stage with people like Axl. And to have a guy on Axl's caliber to show me so much respect and believe in me, it means the world to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Well I mean he's not wrong, I guess. Most people will only remember slash as the lead guitarist of GNR tho. Maybe buckethead as well, but even that's stretching it. 

Yep, Even common Fans didnt remember about Izzy at all. N' He's the original Member not Slash

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

props to DJ... interesting how all of you bashing him while the exact same thing applies for all the non-Slash guitarists...

At least the likes of Buckethead and Bumblefoot actually possessed the ability to play the guitar. I'd rather remember them than *shudders* DJ Ashba.

• Like 2

DJ may not be my favorite but I have always admired how respectful he has been to the current and or past members.

We know he's probably constantly getting asked GnR stuff why put him down because he acts respectful? We don't know the contents of questions asked which are easy to figure out by responses.

Axl seems to have a great respect for many of the members. It's actually nice to hear someone not downgrade him or the band or the reunion as some have.

• Like 4

He is not wrong. Unless Sixx AM gets a lot bigger. If anyone recognizes DJ's name it will likely be because he was once part of GNR.

I don't think he is saying that he was a big influence on GNR, but when anyone ever speaks to him GNR questions will likely come up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maynard said:

All musicians who worked with Axl during the CD years are nothing but footnotes on GNR's history. Hired musicians to play other people's music and release one mediocre album. Pathetic.

And now slash is doing that with the CD material. Axl owns GNR and runs the show so, it is what it is. 

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

He won't be remembered at all.

Yeah probably not. Was he even in the studio with axl at all?! I mean he'll be an interesting factoid for who was in guns n roses between 2009-2014 but to be honest I don't think many outside of the Internet forums paid much attention. He was a tough sell to the fans based on personality and playing style... Oh well, why get riled up?! He's only a memory... For some a nightmare :P 

He'll be remembered along with (insert any Nu Guns hired hand) as a total joke.  Hahahahahah.   WTF.  DJ Ashba.  I'll always remember the lame ass look at me ear cuff thing he did.   So emotional....I'm tearing up.  

Edited by Original

9 hours ago, Funky.Monkey said:

DJ Ashba Interview Download Festival 2016

June 12, 2016

DJ Ashba was interviewed by the Mike James RockShow at this year's edition of the Download festival, which was held June 10-12 at Donington Park, United Kingdom. 

Mike James RockShow: Is this (Sixx: A.M.) now your main focus?

DJ Ashba: It is the only thing we are doing musically. I left Guns N' Roses, I'm so grateful to be a part of that, I'll always go down in the history as one of the guitar players of that band. And that's a great honor to have shared the stage with people like Axl. And to have a guy on Axl's caliber to show me so much respect and believe in me, it means the world to me.

Wow, I had no idea of this!

I was always under the impression that this guy was actually on Axl's solo band.

I also always thought that this guy would go down in the history as one of the guitar players of the Axl Rose solo band.

I am actually happy that this guy actually explained everything and clarified the matter.

Its so good to know the real truth!

:rofl-lol:

13 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Well I mean he's not wrong, I guess. Most people will only remember slash as the lead guitarist of GNR tho. Maybe buckethead as well, but even that's stretching it. 

Buckethead? Only us forumers, big GNR fans, and guitarists know who he is. 
More people know who Gilby is when it comes to GNR, that Buckethead. 

Slash, Izzy and Gilby are the guitarplayers the most people know, as it should be. The rest of them is forgettable.

Edited by Izzyslash
  • Like 1

DJ Assba is kinda like herpes... You cannot get away from the constant irritation whilst it's there, you get rid of it and think all is good but it keeps on popping back up to sour your existence.

I wish he would just fuck off.

• Like 1