Lanyards

DieselDaisy

Is this a new craze for people walking around cities with lanyards? Lanyards! Lanyards everywhere - displaying people's own self-importance! Lanyards!

It seems to be the latest thing, alongside the (slightly older tradition) of walking around with gigantic polystyrene cups of coffee (for no apparent reason).

A lanyard gets added to the gigantic coffee, the skinny jeaned male, the mobile phone, the man bag and stupid hair, upon the basic requirements of the 'modern man'.

:lol: Seriously? I live in the countryside, so I haven't seen this. When I worked in the city, though, I always removed any work ID from around my neck/clothes. Bad enough having to wear it for work. I'd feel like an utter twat wearing it outside of it.

I have noticed people returning from concerts/festivals wearing their wrist bands for days afterwards, though. Kind of like a "Look! I was there!" Then when you ask about it, they look all surprised and act like they've simply forgotten about it. Yeah right...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

The only time I wear a lanyard is for my name tag at work. I hate them. 

Ahh but do you put it on and remove it like a sensible man when you enter and leave your work or do you ponce around with it outside the building, in bars or restaurants or commuting? That is the issue here.

• Like 1

I am required to wear one for work.  I work alongside vulnerable adults and children and have to visit various places where security is high- it gets me into these buildings...and protects me from witches.

On occasion I forget I am wearing it and may be seen sporting it whilst walking the aisles of Tesco so I may well be a wanker. Funnily enough, wankers are all I seem to attract. You may be on to something here @DieselDaisy, thank you ;)

1 hour ago, Johnny Drama said:

I go to the lavatory about 8 times a day, go to lunch plus vape/smoke twice a day.  I got to get in and out a lot. 

Oooo errrr, like a bit of the ol' in-out in the mens lavvy do ya?  You filthy tamil poo poker.

Edited by Len B'stard

It is not just work. There was some marathon or other in Newcastle and all these joggers in designer lycra were walking around - commuting, eating at Subway etc - wearing lanyards. They looked like complete pillocks. Also unpaid support teams for events like the Olympics wear them. I have a theory that people just walk around town with a random lanyard to pose. (It is similar to my theory of people carrying empty coffee cartons.)

54 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

I fuckin' never noticed this since you pointed it out and now that you have, i tell you what, the cunts are everywhere, aren't they?  Literally everywhere.

London will be full of them.

It has just appeared on this scale the last two-three years. The gigantic coffees appeared about five+ years ago.

Wear one at work for my ID badge as it is required to get into building here........I used to clip my ID to b belt but they kept cracking when I sat down which is  pain in the ass as they can't be read by the badge readers once cracked and I have to wait several days for a new badge....Switched to a lanyard and have not broken one since...Never wear it out of work though but now that I know it protects me from witches I may  have to reconsider...........

Edited by classicrawker