Lanyards

DieselDaisy

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

....outside the workplace.

Well I see you collect lanyards like one would collect stamps! When I saw that picture I merely thought, ''what a prat''.

From "what you can gather from [my] Internet persona" I "wear lanyards outside the workspace"? Really? :lol: You couldn't be more wrong. Well, being more wrong than totally wrong is theoretically impossible. But you can be equally wrong again, and I suppose you will.

No, I don't wear lanyards, not even at my workspace (no need). These are name badges from various conferences I have attended. I keep them as a memorabilia, I guess.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

From "what you can gather from [my] Internet persona" I "wear lanyards outside the workspace"? Really? :lol: You couldn't be more wrong. Well, being more wrong than totally wrong is theoretically impossible. But you can be equally wrong again, and I suppose you will.

No, I don't wear lanyards, not even at my workspace (no need). These are name badges from various conferences I have attended. I keep them as a memorabilia, I guess.

...again, what a prat.

It is the equivalent of collecting up your various school ties, rather than burn them when you leave school like any sensible person would.

Allow me to reiterate. Again, I was not proposing that you should literally take those lanyards and throw them on the bonfire; throwing them in the bin would suffice - that would be a sensible proposal. Again, this is an example of you interpreting my flippancy teutonically.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Allow me to reiterate. Again, I was not proposing that you should literally take those lanyards and throw them on the bonfire; throwing them in the bin would suffice - that would be a sensible proposal. Again, this is an example of you interpreting my flippancy teutonically.

And this is an example of you not grasping that I latch onto your obvious exaggerations because it gives me a vehicle for ridiculing you.

But even when I accept at face value your silly exaggerations and from where they come, they still make little sense since whatever dread you might feel for your school ties is not similar to the nice feeling I get when thinking about my badges (or rather thetrips they symbolize). They bring nothing but fond memories. They are not malignant fetters of a past time, or whatever. They are valuable memories of distinct places I have visited but from where I have little else of tangible memorabilia. And it will probably be nice for my kids to look through them and ask my about the places, and thus force me to remember stuff I otherwise would have forgotten. In fact, I should thank you, because I keep so little memories of what I do. I just don't care for looking back. But I should. Even if I won't ever reminisce about my life, my kids or grandkids may want to, so I should start collecting more memories, like newspapers clippings, take more pictures, and maybe jot down some notes occasionally. Soo instead of theowing them in the bin, which I considered doing, you have convinced me to have them as keepsakes. You were inadvertently helpful.

3 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

My excuse is i have to have one to get into the buildint at work ... As for the macbook starbucks and vape I have no answer 

Shit, i have a vaporiser and a macbook, that means I'm at least half a cunt :lol:

In my defence though i do it cuz its cheaper than fags, it was like 8 quid plus for a pack of B&H, vaping is even cheaper than under the counter knock off fags.  and the macbook i got because they dont get viruses, which is handy for someone who uses his laptop for nought besides downloading torrent and streaming the footy/boxing.

Edited by Len B'stard

6 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Hate to break it to you but Macs get viruses too

I dunno really, someone just told me that.  Mine aint yet, had it since 2012 and all i do is download torrents and watch streams and they're riddled with virus crap and i dont have no blockers no anti virus no nothing.  Plus its quite solid and i need something like that cuz things tend to take a good kicking with me.

Edited by Len B'stard