GILBY CLARKE, DAVE KUSHNER, ROBIN FINCK together onstage to play GNR and more = June 2016 (The Hellcat Saints)

i keep imagining gilby and robin talking about axl

and gilby and dave talking about slash and duff

or maybe they just didnt even talk to each other at all

maybe they just dont give a fuck about anything gnr related

===

Hellcat Saints’ came together last fall for the Rhonda’s Kiss benefit concert, led by Velvet Revolver‘s Dave Kushner with a revolving door of participants. For the Let It Die party, Kushner welcomed Bennington on vocals, along with Nine Inch Nails and Guns N’ Roses alum Robin Finck, Ozzy Osbourne‘s Rob “Blasko” Nicholson, Queens of the Stone Age drummer Joey Castillo, Guns N’ Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke and Apocalyptica vocalist Franky Perez to the stage.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/watch-linkin-parks-chester-bennington-sing-alice-in-chains-guns-n-roses-black-sabbath-classics/

http://loudwire.com/watch-chester-bennington-all-star-covers-band-hellcat-saints/

• Like 2

I'd give anything to see Slash and Robin collaborate. With Izzy not invested if I could redo history. I would go back to the period between 96-98 after Gilby was dismissed and tried everything to convince Slash to buy into writing new gnr material with Robin. It would've been the perfect follow up to UYI without all the drama around CD. Izzy could still be involved in the writing without any longterm commitments and still keep showing up for random guest appearances.

In a way it's ironic that VR went that route by pairing Slash up with Dave Kushner. Dave was a huge part of the modernization of VR. Without him it would've sounded more like tired Bad Company. Gotta credit duff for Kush. That was his guy as just before The Project happened he had recruited him for Loaded in 02. Scott and Matt were also very fond of Dave. Once they got out of the haze of drugs and alcohol not only did their playing improve but they became more focused. The ironic thing is thats what Axl wanted. It was his vision to an extent. I'm sure a lot of what was said about 'his vision' was exaggerated but modernizing and naturally progressing from UYI without losing GN'R's edge(Velvet Revolver) would've been a great progression that would've further extended the GN'R legacy. It just wasn't possible in 96. 

Instead you hear things from haters like they were short-lived and overrated with only had 1, 2 or 3 good records compared to ________band. 

Outside of Chester and his lame vocals this is about as good a cover of paradise city not featuring any original gnr members. Everything else is great musically. Bass, guitars, drums and backing vocals. Robin's work on CD was outstanding. 

Robin, Dave & Gilby on Rhythm is a heck of a triple tandem. Joey Castillo on drums badass! 

I definitely would pay to see them in NY/NJ

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 1

On June 18, 2016 at 3:41 PM, LikeADog93 said:

Why is this thread allowed in the main forum but the one about Izzy got moved to the Jungle? I call bullshit on that

Unfortunately there's a better chance of any of those 3 being part of GNR again than Izzy returning 

10 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Twat is a filler song except for Bucketheads' contribution. TIL is Axls' baby, it's mostly just piano.

Robin's riff in the middle is what imspired Bucket's amazing outro solo. Axl eluded to this around the Hammerstein shows in 06 when everyone assumed the guitar melody was all Buckethead after hearing the leaks. He put it out there that it was Robin and a lot of people just didn't want to accept it because prior to 06 Robin was their whipping boy from 01 to 06.

Mainly because Robin put his own spin on Slashs parts. Even had the first November rain solo stripped from him and given to Fortus because the fans reacted so negatively towards him. I actually preferred robins over Fortus trying to mimic slash. Fortus could never quite nail down the timing and bends that made the solo. Slashs feel can't be duplicated so why even try?  I'm sure someone can find the quotes from Axl.

As for TIL yes it's an Axl song but so was Novmember Rain. Robins solo and the orchestra in the bridge is perfection. Especially when you listen to it with headphones. Live is a different story as Axl struggles with the vocals just like he struggles with November Rain now. Although he might be able to get those right now after nailing ACDC. 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

• 2 weeks later...