Opinion on Shotgun Blues?

I personally love that song!! In my opinion, it represents what GN'R is all about, and that is straight ahead, stripped down, no nonsense hard rock n roll. I've seen two different lists that have Shotgun Blues ranked in the bottom 3 of all 30 of the UYI songs. I guess some people think it's immature, but I would definietly put it in my top 10 UYI songs. Do you guys like it or do you agree that it's a bottom of the line GN'R song?

http://www.guitarworld.com/readers-poll-best-guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion-song

http://www.guitarworld.com/gnr-blog-ranked-list-all-30-guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion-songs

Edited by LikeADog93

40 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

Maybe the worst UYI song together with Next Door to Hell (and My World?).

Those are two of my favorite UYI songs!! You must be more into the ballads, I'm more into the straight ahead rockers like Shotgun Blues, Right Next Door to Hell, Perfect Crime, and Garden of Eden

Illusions are my favorite GNR albums and I didn't really get why so many people thought it should have been 1 album without the filler....but listening to them lately, they really are all over the place. Over-produced at times, rock, blues, ballads, whatever You Ain't The First is, whatever My World is, a cover song, two versions of the same song and songs written 6 or 7 years prior. It comes off like an album that had to be a double album because everyone in the band had songs they wanted on there.

2 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I like it in the same way I like Get In The Ring, fun to listen to when it I hear it, I won't skip it but I won't go out of my way to listen to it either!

This. It's a nice background tune imo, but not something I'd ever crave to listen to like Coma, Sweet Child, Rocket Queen etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LikeADog93 said:

Those are two of my favorite UYI songs!! You must be more into the ballads, I'm more into the straight ahead rockers like Shotgun Blues, Right Next Door to Hell, Perfect Crime, and Garden of Eden

I like the ballads, but I like songs like Dust n Bones or DTJ as well. One of my favourites from UYI1 is Dead Horse, a very underrated one imo.

• Like 2