Weird dreams

john lennon

Can we please share our weird dreams because I always have weird dreams.

Like, last night I had this dream in which I was desperately looking for a job, so I went job hunting. Unfortunately I was naked and hadn't showered for a week. I realized that, got sad as fuck, and as usual decided to go for some beers in order to cheer me up. Met a bunch of guys I'd never seen before there, n decided to join them. So we had our beers n then I decided to jump in front of a train but they wouldn't let me, so we went to this BBQ thingy instead. Well there I saw a bunch of famous people that I for some reason decided to fight, n so I did. Everyone around was like "hey it was really fun when you were fighting yourself" afterwards n I didn't get it at all, but then they explained to me that no one else had been there. I got really upset cos I'd really seen them and for me they'd really been there, you know? Anyway so I got really upset with them and didn't wanna stay anymore so I went to hop on some bus. When I did it started shrinking and in the end it was only a toy bus and I was like "ok I guess I'll sit on it n see if it takes me anywhere" but it didn't. Then a real bus came by and I got on it and all my friends were there n they all yelled at me like "YOU NEED TO GET OFF!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!!!!" so I asked them if they saw stuff too and they just got completely quiet and then I don't remember anything else.

Oh, and there was something about this midget who looked like a baby too, and I cuddled it and spoke to it like you speak to babies and it got really pissed off and told me it wasn't a baby but in fact a midget man??? Then it grew like 10 inches right in front of my eyes.

Share all your weird dreams with me pls!! 

Edited by john lennon
  • Like 1

not really weird weird, but i had a dream last night that i was at school and i went into the bathroom, there was this brick wall that divided the bathroom for whatever reason, but i walk past this wall to go use the bathroom and on the other side a guy is leaning against it....i kinda just glace over at him as im walking

then he raises a gun and bam, it was like somebody stuck a hot coal on my neck.

Dreams are so weird and utterly unpredictable that anyone trying to make any sort of sense of them is probably wasting their time. One thing I notice is that dreams in TV shows or films always seem to take place in a coherent world where the laws of nature apply more-or-less as they do now. Really, locations and people in dreams are completely fluid... have you ever tried explaining a dream to someone where you say "We were in your living room, but your living room was a castle"... Or you start having a conversation with someone, but halfway through the conversation the person you were talking to has metamorphosed into someone completely different, but the conversation continues as though it was the same person the whole way through. 

Once, I fell asleep on my couch and had a dream where a cat ran up my arm and across my shoulders, brushing against my face. That was when I realised that you can feel things in dreams (I mean beyond the weird "falling" thing you sometimes experience), because we definitely don't have a cat (or any other furry animals), but I could vividly feel this.

Most of my dreams involve being on trains, quite a few involve very scary volcanic eruptions, that's hardly surprising given my experience as a volcanologist but the eruptions in my dreams always seem way more apocalyptic than any I've seen in real life... Glad I don't believe in premonitions.

• Like 1

I used to have a reoccurring dream when I was younger.  Had it all the time and all it was, at least all I can remember, but it was the same every time was an image of a tv screen with full on static.  So all that there was was the screen of static not the actual tv itself. That screen would then crumple up into a paper ball like shape while remaining static so basically just looked like static paper really. Then it would explode and debris would fire out to the moon and blow up the moon and the dream would go black. That was it.  

This dream caused severe nightmares and I'd wake up every time hyper ventilating, sweating, and screaming.  It got more and more serious as I got older. My parents got used to it, baby sitters were freaked the fuck out though. This continued to happen untill grade 11 where it peaked with me visiting my Dad for the weekend and I woke up in the middle of the night and fucking lost it. Started trashing the liviing room and actually tried to fight my dad. We ended up in the basement where my dad actually choked me out while his wife had called the paramedics. I don't remember any of it and the next thing I knew paramedics were flashing a  light in my eyes asking if I had taken any drugs. I hadn't and never have taken drugs. My dad was an RCMP so he'd dealt with lots of drugged up people in his career. he said had he not known any better he would've though for sure I was on drugs and said I was much stronger than a  normal person similar to me should've been at the time. The same way drugged up people fight like crazy.  I had to go see a doctor and get evaluated and it was determined I simply had night terrors. I wasn't allowed to go home for a week because my dad was worried had  I been at home with my mom or brother they'd have gotten hurt. 

However that was the end of my night terrors. It was the exact same dream that triggered all but I'm now night terror free for 21 years :lol:

11 hours ago, Graeme said:

Dreams are so weird and utterly unpredictable that anyone trying to make any sort of sense of them is probably wasting their time. One thing I notice is that dreams in TV shows or films always seem to take place in a coherent world where the laws of nature apply more-or-less as they do now. Really, locations and people in dreams are completely fluid... have you ever tried explaining a dream to someone where you say "We were in your living room, but your living room was a castle"... Or you start having a conversation with someone, but halfway through the conversation the person you were talking to has metamorphosed into someone completely different, but the conversation continues as though it was the same person the whole way through. 

Once, I fell asleep on my couch and had a dream where a cat ran up my arm and across my shoulders, brushing against my face. That was when I realised that you can feel things in dreams (I mean beyond the weird "falling" thing you sometimes experience), because we definitely don't have a cat (or any other furry animals), but I could vividly feel this.

Most of my dreams involve being on trains, quite a few involve very scary volcanic eruptions, that's hardly surprising given my experience as a volcanologist but the eruptions in my dreams always seem way more apocalyptic than any I've seen in real life... Glad I don't believe in premonitions.

I actually see a fair bit of meaning in them and if you know yourself well psychologically speaking then their intepretation is quite telling.  

15 hours ago, Graeme said:

I have extremely weird dreams that I don't know if I want to share! but yeah you can feel things in dreams and taste and feel ( at least in my experiences. ) my favorite dreams are about dolphins and flying which strangely enough came to me in times of great stress. maybe they were a coping mechanism? I will say I have had some nice dreams about Axl, one he was singing to me then kissing me *sigh*

• 1 month later...

had a dream last night that i walked into a room and there was this somewhat fat chick laying on a bed (hefty but not obese) my hands were cold so i went and cuddled with her so i could stick my hands under her fat to use as hand warmers :lol: i have no clue...i guess im looking for warmth in my life.

i did have the AC pumping last night so it could be i was actually cold in real life and in my dream i was looking for away to warm up 

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

had a dream last night that i walked into a room and there was this somewhat fat chick laying on a bed (hefty but not obese) my hands were cold so i went and cuddled with her so i could stick my hands under her fat to use as hand warmers :lol: i have no clue...i guess im looking for warmth in my life.

Whenever I see a really fat girl I have the urge to go and have a big cuddle. Just cwtch right In there all nice and warm.

6 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

i did have the AC pumping last night so it could be i was actually cold in real life and in my dream i was looking for away to warm up 

Yep you were cold and your hands were definitely somewhere, and your subconscious translated it to a fluffy woman. something along the lines of "Those aren't pillows!"

So I had a weird dream last night

I saw that I met 2 of my high school friends after like 6 years, both of them were in my room, one of them was so drunk, I really din't know what to do, I was feeling really embarrassed and was feeling really bad for him too, but then he started to disrespected to my mom, I got really pissed and I just kicked him out of the house. 

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I once had a dream where it was all futuristic and shit and there was no weed left in the world cause some fucked up plant disease killed all the weed. I had to relearn how to function and eventually found true happiness and acceptness through alcohol. It was like a cartoon and i wore purple pants the whole time.

Any merit to this interpretation?  To dream that your real life is depicted in a cartoon world, signifies that you are perceiving the world in a comical and unserious manner. This dream may also serve as an escape from the stressful realities of your life. It is your way of obtaining moments of lightheartedness and fun. Additionally, you may need to learn to laugh at yourself and at your mistakes. 

3 hours ago, Slash787 said:

So I had a weird dream last night

I saw that I met 2 of my high school friends after like 6 years, both of them were in my room, one of them was so drunk, I really din't know what to do

He was really drunk and you didn't know what to do? Wait for him to pass out and then go to work, dude!

Just now, PappyTron said:

He was really drunk and you didn't know what to do? Wait for him to pass out and then go to work, dude!

I din't know what do, I felt really bad for him, it was evening time, Im not sure if he was either drunk or just high. But I got really pissed at him and kicked his ass. 

3 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Any merit to this interpretation?  To dream that your real life is depicted in a cartoon world, signifies that you are perceiving the world in a comical and unserious manner. This dream may also serve as an escape from the stressful realities of your life. It is your way of obtaining moments of lightheartedness and fun. Additionally, you may need to learn to laugh at yourself and at your mistakes. 

I don't really make mistakez Its all a joke in a way yes? I laugh at myself every week.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Another dream regarding hanging out with Tom Hardy. I felt very conflicted as a married woman.

The annoying thing is, I've not watched a film of his since March, and I don't go perving on photos of him online. So this is a case for Dr. Freud, I think.

Watch RocknRolla, he plays a shirt-lifter in that, maybe it'll turn you off.