China Exchange Q&A with Axl Rose Transcript

9 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

Gah! I don't know how many times I looked over this and I am still finding typos. Just so you know, if you notice anymore "their" instead of "there"s I am going to claim that it is Axl's fault. He used the wrong word and I just typed what he said. :P

(Please let me know if you notice any typos so I can correct them. I suck at proofreading what I type up. My brain knows what it is supposed to be and just skips right over it.)

I think this is the one time us spelling checkers who usually shake their heads at errors totally forgive you for any mistakes you might have made . It is a brilliant thing to do & without a dictating machine it's a very long & frustrating process.

So thanks so much @sanity_lost

Awesome interview....Axl is full of surprises.

Anyone finding the interviewer peculiar....that guy is billionaire Sir David Tang, he is not a professional journalist. He is the founder of the China Exchange (amongst other things). So maybe that explains why he is a bit bossy in his (own) house and asking some weird questions.

@sanity_lost. I'm laughing after reading your script where you say he went to the Valley . I thought he said the ballet which I couldn't imagine him going to. :lol: It's had me puzzled as it's not something I can see him at. The Valley of course makes more sense. :facepalm::P Glad  I  learnt something . Haha

11 minutes ago, rock4eva said:

@sanity_lost. I'm laughing after reading your script where you say he went to the Valley . I thought he said the ballet which I couldn't imagine him going to. :lol: It's had me puzzled as it's not something I can see him at. The Valley of course makes more sense. :facepalm::P Glad  I  learnt something . Haha

well if it was the ballet i guess that would have confirmed the bisexual rumors :lol:

10 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

using a translator? which one? im surprised at the accuracy

who? me?
I can talk and write in english at a pretty decent level, but it is hard to me to understand people that don't talk clearly, and axl's english is... well. you get the point

2 hours ago, rock4eva said:

I thought he said ballet too, and what's worse it didn't surprise me either :lol:

• Like 1

I haven't follwed this whole thing, so excuse me if it's been explained, but what is the deal with the Izzy and Steven thing... were people not allowed to ask about it or what? Because I'd reckon that would be something almost everyone would like to know...

2 hours ago, rock4eva said:

I'd heard "ballet", too :lol: I found it odd at first, but then I thought he has a wide range of interests, so why not :P

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I haven't follwed this whole thing, so excuse me if it's been explained, but what is the deal with the Izzy and Steven thing... were people not allowed to ask about it or what? Because I'd reckon that would be something almost everyone would like to know...

I don't think it was that kind of audience. Though it seemed Axl wanted to speak more about Izzy at one point, but the interviewer cut him off.

Edited by Babooshka

12 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

It was fun. I never really paid much attention to how people talk before.  Axl uses a lot of contractions and sometimes drops endings to words and other times runs words together. Not to mention the time toward the end of the answer about labels being businesses when he started talking at warp speed. I knew what he was saying, but it took many, many replays to get the exact wording.

I feel you, bro! I have tried to translate, transcribe Axl before and it's a mess. He does do all those things you say. He uses a lot of "like", like, a um.. teenage girl would! :lol:

• Like 1

Awesome interview! Glad this came out in the way that it did.. Still some stuff that needs to be answered, I'm more curious as to the possibility of Steven or izzy showing up than if axl will ever join a jazz band to be honest. 

Admittedly me of all people had to have an interview so, I'm happy. Glad we got some answers on new music. Hopefully we can get more clarification on what to look forward to soon

• Like 1

8 hours ago, twenty-nine said:

" This isn't- the Guns n' Roses reunion isn't by happen chance  or whatever… it was always looked at as a possibility but it just never seemed right or felt right."

I found this to be a pretty interesting tidbit and in contradiction to what Axl himself has said in the past.

Not in this lifetime

Axl had no intention of reuniting in 2012 because he and slash hadn't straightened out their issues yet. Apparently, now they have. So now, it feels right to do it especially after having a few band members quit.

Is there really a problem with that or are you confused... ?

16 hours ago, twenty-nine said:

" This isn't- the Guns n' Roses reunion isn't by happen chance  or whatever… it was always looked at as a possibility but it just never seemed right or felt right."

I found this to be a pretty interesting tidbit and in contradiction to what Axl himself has said in the past.

Not in this lifetime

it would be interesting to know exactly how far back did they connect. I think Slash letting them release the GNR Appetite Blu ray. He signed off on that. And Axl let Slash use GNR songs on Maid in Stock. 

17 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Axl had no intention of reuniting in 2012 because he and slash hadn't straightened out their issues yet. Apparently, now they have. So now, it feels right to do it especially after having a few band members quit.

Is there really a problem with that or are you confused... ?

If someone asks me if I'm getting back together with my ex and I say "Not in this lifetime" that typically doesn't mean...well, I would, if things were right and it felt right, sure. It means no, it's not going to happen. But I suppose you, Billsfan, knew all along that there would be, considering you were able to read through Axl's own "Not in this lifetime" and interpret it to mean "Sure, I'd reunite with Slash, I've always been open to the idea, provided everything feels right." What has Axl said or done, prior to reuniting with Slash and Duff, that leads one to believe he was open to the idea the whole time? 

On 6/22/2016 at 7:35 AM, twenty-nine said:

Not in this lifetime

Yeah I call bullshit on Axl here....then what was with the cancer? The one of us will die before it happens? The not in this lifetime? The less Slash is heard of the better?

You can't put that shit out to the press and then come out with "well it was always considered..." 

How I interpreted the following:

"It was always looked at as a possibility" (everyone and their dog wanted it to happen and kept making plans and shoving it in my face) 

"But it just never seemed or felt right" (I hated Slash's guts, had other things going on and hated Slash's guts)

Probably wrong but that is how I read it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What a strange interview but cool that actual fans (monumental, enormous, gigantic...) got to ask their questions. I want to know more about the wolves!!! Where would he keep them? Are they rescues? Is he hiring lol? I loved that whole bit about his animal love, kindred spirit right there. 

On 6/23/2016 at 1:55 PM, twenty-nine said:

If someone asks me if I'm getting back together with my ex and I say "Not in this lifetime" that typically doesn't mean...well, I would, if things were right and it felt right, sure. It means no, it's not going to happen. But I suppose you, Billsfan, knew all along that there would be, considering you were able to read through Axl's own "Not in this lifetime" and interpret it to mean "Sure, I'd reunite with Slash, I've always been open to the idea, provided everything feels right." What has Axl said or done, prior to reuniting with Slash and Duff, that leads one to believe he was open to the idea the whole time? 

If you were in a new relationship and someone asked you point blank if you'd get back together with your ex, you're probably saying something along the lines of "not in this life time". How you feel privately might be another story.