Why won't they promote the tour?

I'm really looking forward to this run of shows but it baffles me that they won't promote it more outside of a few social media clips.  I don't live in America so i can't really tell what the buzz is like for the reunion over there, but reading the ticket sales thread makes me think that there isn't too much of a buzz at all, especially in some locations?

Axl seemed to be doing interviews and tweeting a lot during the run with AC/DC and talking about how happy he is to do it and hopes to continue. And Slash/Duff always seem to be very vocal and media friendly on their own projects.

When it comes to Guns though... Nothing from Axl, nothing from Slash and nothing from Duff.  A few 30 second clips and pics of equipment is not going to encourage the average fan to go buy a ticket.

A lot of fans thought that closer to the tour we would start to see some real promotion but still nothing.  Its very bizarre.  Surely management, promoters and the band themselves would want to sell as many tickets as possible.

It would be great to hear that they are excited about the tour or something...anything?  

• Like 3

Whats with all the outdoors, busses, buildings with GNR logo and magazine appearences if not promotion? 
There are videos for social media in which all the members are sharing, what the hell did you guys expect? Slash tweeting unicorns to show how happy he is?
I dont know about TV 'cause i dont really watch TV but there might be some sort of auto-promo just for this being the first real tour in 23 fucking years, ever iyone might be talking even if just a quick note about the first GNR tour in 23 years.

And I think the mistery thing they're doing is cool, it helps to preserve their image as artists and idols, differently from a lot of other bands that you end up getting bored with just by the ammount of shit they post on social media.

Plus this is 2016.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

Yeah they've been promoting it, just not as well as they should. I don't think there's any excuse not to do SOME press or interviews l, especially at this point. But we just got an interview from axl, duff and Frank so maybe they're starting to wake up. 

More questions than answers would be my guess.

however I feel as if when the tour rolls into New York they might take advantage and do something there as far as interviews go. They have Howard Stern (which is great for answering the big questions) or Jimmy Fallon who would be fun and get plenty of exposure. 

The band seems unconcerned with ticket sales, I think they have a plan in place for that but we'll see. 

33 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah they've been promoting it, just not as well as they should. I don't think there's any excuse not to do SOME press or interviews l, especially at this point. But we just got an interview from axl, duff and Frank so maybe they're starting to wake up. 

Where's this Frank a interview? I haven't seen it.

37 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

I feel like the lack of interviews could be down to a few things:

- Axl and Slash don't want to deal with the questions/awkwardness of explaining just what happened, why they waited so long and the precise circumstances that ended their feud.
It's clear they are getting on, but there are still unresolved issues that they seem to be trying to move on from

- They don't want to answer questions about Izzy / Steven's absence

- They haven't made any decisions regarding new music or how to move forward beyond these shows

I think it's a mistake that they haven't done any, but I suppose they had reason to believe tickets would simply sell themselves. Hopefully AC/DC rubbed off on Axl and they'll do some press together soon.

that's what I hate about the press! they would be pressuring them about the split and the reconciliation and all that and I think Axl would rather walk over hot coals than discuss it. of course most people are curious but let them tell it if it's to be told.  but no way the press would let that happen :/

1 hour ago, highvoltage said:

- Axl and Slash don't want to deal with the questions/awkwardness of explaining just what happened, why they waited so long and the precise circumstances that ended their feud.
It's clear they are getting on, but there are still unresolved issues that they seem to be trying to move on from

- They haven't made any decisions regarding new music or how to move forward beyond these shows

I think it's a mistake that they haven't done any, but I suppose they had reason to believe tickets would simply sell themselves. Hopefully AC/DC rubbed off on Axl and they'll do some press together soon.

I don't disagree necessarily with what you said but an interview with Eddie trunk would probably be pretty controlled in comparison to the rest of the press. So realistically, they could have at least done that. But I understand by what you're saying in a mass press or interview tour making sense by not happening..

2 hours ago, highvoltage said:

I think Axl sorta proved he is open to answering questions about anything after the China Exchange thing.

He must have known that the session would consist mostly of unfiltered questions coming from the audience, and must have been ready to answer anything.

No one threw a curveball at him during that appearance, but the chance of it happening was there.

Edited by Spirit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

I'm really looking forward to this run of shows but it baffles me that they won't promote it more outside of a few social media clips.  I don't live in America so i can't really tell what the buzz is like for the reunion over there, but reading the ticket sales thread makes me think that there isn't too much of a buzz at all, especially in some locations?

Axl seemed to be doing interviews and tweeting a lot during the run with AC/DC and talking about how happy he is to do it and hopes to continue. And Slash/Duff always seem to be very vocal and media friendly on their own projects.

When it comes to Guns though... Nothing from Axl, nothing from Slash and nothing from Duff.  A few 30 second clips and pics of equipment is not going to encourage the average fan to go buy a ticket.

A lot of fans thought that closer to the tour we would start to see some real promotion but still nothing.  Its very bizarre.  Surely management, promoters and the band themselves would want to sell as many tickets as possible.

It would be great to hear that they are excited about the tour or something...anything?  

there is no buzz, I am sure Axl is getting a guaranteed pay day regardless of how many people are in the seats, so I am sure he is not giving a crap at this point

and Slash and Duff I am sure would be down for doing the late night talk shows and all of that, but it is all about Axl and if he is not going to do it no one is

Edited by k12

4 hours ago, k12 said:

there is no buzz, I am sure Axl is getting a guaranteed pay day regardless of how many people are in the seats, so I am sure he is not giving a crap at this point

and Slash and Duff I am sure would be down for doing the late night talk shows and all of that, but it is all about Axl and if he is not going to do it no one is

Well it's axls band. Shit could hit the fan between axl slash and duff and then viola! Axl would just hire two new guys. Maybe call Tommy back. Ultimately it's all axls call I have to believe because slash and duff are usually more open to talking to the press..

I am wondering the same thing. I mean after all these years, Slash and Duff are back with Axl and yet no one thought to have a huge press conference to announce it and the tour dates?

Honestly, if you don't come on this messageboard or any other GNR site, how would you even know about a reunion or a GNR tour?

I don't know who's decision it was not to promote this reunion and the tour, but it's dumb. I still say the whole band should hold a press conference and announce the tour dates and how happy they are to be together again.

5 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Honestly, if you don't come on this messageboard or any other GNR site, how would you even know about a reunion or a GNR tour?

The reunion has been well covered in the news. One must have been living under a rock not to have registered that the guys are back together.

When the news first broke, it was headlining everywhere.

They could have made an effort promoting the tour itself with some appearances and interviews, but the tour has been well promoted in other manners. Both online, radio, TV and billboards around the cities.

An interview on national television would arguably make the most impact though, I agree on that.

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Axl and Team Brazil like to conduct Guns N' Roses like Area 51 for some odd reason. Slash and Duff have been forced to sign gagging orders for the tour to proceed.

You don't know they were forced.  Hell it could have been there idea. You're just speculating as usual.

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You don't know they were forced.  Hell it could have been there idea. You're just speculating as usual.

...educated guess considering Slash is normally a most prolific interviewee, and Nugnr have essentially operated like this for their entire career.

• Like 1