Vicky Hamilton - "Guns N' Roses and AC/DC will tour together" - Article

Consider the source.  Also no way Axl is gonna sing 5 hours a night....although they would sell those tickets they have left in a hurry.  Maybe Brian is ready to come back?  Or maybe ACDC has a new singer lined up, that would be a hell of a billing- AC and Guns.  FUCK!  Or maybe they morph into 1 concert with half Guns songs and 1/2 AC songs...Slash n Angus could switch off. 

• Like 1

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/gnr__acdc_to_tour_together_manager_says.html?no_takeover

It looks like the link is having trouble now.

Here is what it says:

Early Guns N' Roses manager Vicky Hamilton dropped a pretty big story on Let There Be Talk podcast, saying that AC/DC and GN'R will reportedly embark on a tour together with Axl pulling a double duty.

She said: "I heard [Axl] said that he's going on tour with Guns N' Roses, and AC/DC is gonna open. And he's gonna sing both sets. I'm like, OK..."

Asked on how she feels about Rose singing in AC/DC, Vicky replied: "I think it's cool, he sounds pretty good. He's pulling it off and I think he's happy, making one of his childhood dreams come true."

I almost believed it could happen. I mean they could have set the set up to say do an hour and half of each even then I seen Vicky..and now I call bs. Who told her this time? Did Slash specifically text her and tell her after she said he won't even answer her texts anymore?

She needs to just stop. Maybe it will happen but Alan and her both have no clue.

Yeah, Vicky...

Just to remind you:

/.../ former Guns N’ Roses manager Vicky Hamilton posted the following message on her Facebook account on November 12, 2015 about one hour ago:
“Ok…was texting with Slash who is on tour…he says the GNR tour isn’t happening…so that’s all I know… your guess is as good as mine…”

Really well informed and reliable source.

• Like 1

I could see them co-headlining if Brian got better but Axl's not singing two sets. He couldn't even do that in his 20's let alone now. On a side note, it would be pretty cool to see GNR and Metallica co-headline again imo.

Edited by Nintari

22 minutes ago, Nintari said:

I could see them co-headlining if Brian got better but Axl's not singing two sets. He couldn't even do that in his 20's let alone now. On a side note, it would be pretty cool to see GNR and Metallica co-headline again imo.

Really? I would hope not. In fact I don't want guns n roses to co headline with any other major band and I'm happy for their openers to be shit because when they come to Europe all I care about is seeing them. Don't want another band stealing some of the lime light. The show needs to be all about them. But that's just me :) 

• Like 2

I don't think she really said that as if she knew. It was something she had heard. Both Dean and Vicky said they had no contact with the guys in the band even the ones who they are on sexting terms with etc. so that was the context this quote was in. She speculated it was maybe a gag order but since Slash went dark there's been no contact. Slash was going to do a intro to her book. So she does have a relationship with Slash. But this is GNR. 

2 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

seein axl dc, I'd believe everything related to Axl's performance. axl dc opening, gnr gig is possible. :)

If they shorten the sets a little so it's almost the same as a 3 hour show. But with a two-three hours of quality throne time anything is possible. 

Maybe Angus will just join GNR and they do a set of half GNR half ACDC.