All Things Must Pass: The Rise and Fall of Tower Records- Documentary

I grew up with Tower Records and it was the most amazing record store I ever shopped in.........I used to go to the store in NYC mostly but also used to hit the store here in Boston when visiting friends...........If you cold not find an LP at Tower most likely you would not find it anywhere......and if they did not have it in stock they could order it for you......I used to have them order British and Japanese imports for me all the time........

Edited by classicrawker

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I loved Tower records. This store always had music you couldn't get anywhere else. It also had some cool merch too.

It closed about 7 years ago and now there are no more record stores around.

I get my cds and most of my movies through amazon.com

Depending on where you live there are a a number of excellent independant record stores around but nothing the like of Tower was in its heyday unless you are lucky enough to live near Amoeba Records in L.A................... if you live far away from a major city though , as I do, options are pretty sparse so thank god for Amazon, Ebay and Discogs.......