Does anyone on here have a son called Axl ?

7 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

In September 1996 my first son was born all through the pregnancy my wife &  I made a deal if we had a girl she would choose the name if we had a boy I would choose. My wife already knew my choice of name anyway he was born & a few days later we went to register him. The registrar was a right snooty old cow "what first name are you giving this child she asked" ? She nearly fell out when I replied quick as a flash Axl she then spent the next 10 minutes asking me & my wife were we sure in the end she relented much to her disgust to sign the certificate.  When we came out of her office we walked out in the foyer with her she turned to 2 of her college's & said "do you know what they've named this child" her colleagues looked at me I had hair half way down my back a cut off gnr t shirt displaying my appetite cross tattoo & erin tattoo on my right arm & my Slash tattoo & crossed pistols & rose on my left  arm "Axl" one of them replied yes she said with a face like thunder & stormed off. The other lady said don't worry it's a lovely name we left the office feeling a million $s in September our Axl will be 20.

That's awesome man! 

My first child was a girl. She turns eight in September. We named her Bailey after, you know, Bill Bailey. Kind of my covert way of naming my child after Axl. No one in the family had a clue what it meant. Suckers!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

In September 1996 my first son was born all through the pregnancy my wife &  I made a deal if we had a girl she would choose the name if we had a boy I would choose. My wife already knew my choice of name anyway he was born & a few days later we went to register him. The registrar was a right snooty old cow "what first name are you giving this child she asked" ? She nearly fell out when I replied quick as a flash Axl she then spent the next 10 minutes asking me & my wife were we sure in the end she relented much to her disgust to sign the certificate.  When we came out of her office we walked out in the foyer with her she turned to 2 of her college's & said "do you know what they've named this child" her colleagues looked at me I had hair half way down my back a cut off gnr t shirt displaying my appetite cross tattoo & erin tattoo on my right arm & my Slash tattoo & crossed pistols & rose on my left  arm "Axl" one of them replied yes she said with a face like thunder & stormed off. The other lady said don't worry it's a lovely name we left the office feeling a million $s in September our Axl will be 20.

Haha awesome! In the future i will have a son named Axl :P

I told the snooty registrar if you wouldnt put Axl on his certificate would she put my second choice on it "oh what's that" she said I said Slash she huffed & puffed & picked up her pen & wrote Axl on the certificate.

• Like 2

My daughter is Ruusu.....it means Rose in English. We just had another daughter (3months old), but if she were a boy, he would have been Akseli. Kinda like finnish version of Axl/Axel. Lol crazy.

Edited by Kosonen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AFD5 said:

I told the snooty registrar if you wouldnt put Axl on his certificate would she put my second choice on it "oh what's that" she said I said Slash she huffed & puffed & picked up her pen & wrote Axl on the certificate.

:lol: you should have named him Axl Slash she'd really have loved that!

21 hours ago, AFD5 said:

Was he always late for school?