Keep the United Kingdom United

Snake-Pit

On 6/24/2016 at 11:56 AM, Gracii Guns said:

I don't appreciate this talk of London becoming more self-governing. London is primarily what encourages the North/South divide in Britain. London voted Remain because cultural integration generally works there and has done for a long time. Coupled with it being one of the most financially powerful global capitals, this has created a drain on the rest of the country. 90% of my fellow graduates moved to London for work, and they've all done fine. There are a handful of design agencies in my city and none of them ever have any vacancies, because the business just isn't there to snatch up talent when they want to move on.

A more independent London will create an increasingly excluded and impoverished rest-of-Britain. 

Why should London have to listen to a country that clearly thinks like a different country?

England and Wales COST London it's EU.

Now we have to work together or if Scotland goes, watch me start a civil war if London stays.

Never have I respected Scotland more. Tbh.

If they go, the UK dies. If the UK dies, I don't want London being voted against again;

Simply put: we're all here together now and I'd be damned if I let Boston, Lincolnshire speak for me again. 

Edited by Snake-Pit

6 hours ago, Snake-Pit said:

Why should London have to listen to a country that clearly thinks like a different country?

Now we have to work together or if Scotland goes, watch me start a civil war if London stays.

If they go, the UK dies. If the UK dies, I don't want London being voted against again;

Simply put: we're all here together now and I'd be damned if I let Boston, Lincolnshire speak for me again. 

What would you do though if different parts of London voted different ways you'd end up narrowing it down to Croyden the bit between my flat and the guitar shop being an independent state if you could be sure they all wanted the same thing as you.

Wales voted out,I voted in but what the fuck am I supposed to do about it? Just have to get on with it we can't slice anymore off. I suppose i could move to london but what would you think of that if there was mass migration to your new United States of London :lol: youd be campaigning to take back controle and kick me out you racist bastard :lol:

• Like 2

Wales want total autonomy? They are pushing the Welsh language, english can't get a job there, costs more for English to go to university there. 

Not sure why we can't have distinct countries and free trade between them. 

Brexit seems against the grain of liberal democracies. It's like a reaction to the last remnants of the empire crumbling. Now we just want to keep an English way of life  even if we aren't powerful. Island mentality really. The strength of the pound means nothing to people who never leave manchester their whole lives. Caravaners unite. You block the roads all summer you fascists!

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

To all Scots who wanted to leave the UK, wouldn't this have been a better time to have your referendum?

The SNP believe in another one.

I heard they have to get permission from Westminster, which makes sense to me since somewhere has to be the capital of the United Kingdom.

It'll be up to the people of Scotland and the PM in Westminster; not just Scotland.

Edited by Snake-Pit

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

To all Scots who wanted to leave the UK, wouldn't this have been a better time to have your referendum?

There was no guarantee this was gonnae happen at the time the Independence Referendum took place... At the time, the Better Together campaign argued that staying in the UK was the only way to guarantee Scotland's continued place in the EU.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Snake-Pit said:

Well London speaks for all of Britain all of the time. National TV and radio studios? London. Financial hub? London. News media? London. Parliament? London. 

People outside London aren't represented by the media nor recognised in government properly. London has London-centric problems in education, politics and transport which the rest of the country are told about, because London news is British news. I'll be damned if the Standard cover anything which is relevant to only one town or city elsewhere. I know loads about the socio-political state of London education system, the downfall of Kids Company, the proposed third runway and Tube updates are on my national news every day- despite the Underground covering one small section of the country.

And London is in England, it is part of England. Remember, half of us voted remain. I voted remain and don't want to see London pissy just because many people there lost in a national referendum. I could say exactly the same for York needing to become a self-governing state because Humberside and Ryedale don't agree with us.

1 minute ago, Gracii Guns said:

Well London speaks for all of Britain all of the time...

London is the beating heart of Britain... But still gets voted against and so therefore must suffer? That's how it is.

Make no mistake about it, Londoners voted remain.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Just now, Gracii Guns said:

Nobody voted against London. 

London voted for the future of this country in the EU.

Why?

The City

Open Markets

EU citizens living/welcome in London

and yet, London's not in the EU, the £ dropped. you know.

Just now, Snake-Pit said:

London voted for the future of this country in the EU.

Why?

The City

Open Markets

EU citizens living/welcome in London

And what would the rest of us do without London? Return to the feudal system and install Michael Parkinson as a puppet monarch? 

Just now, wasted said:

Suffer how?

i can't see any difference. Okay they have re-neg trade deals. 

IDK... What if it all goes tits up?

The EU are leaning towards making us pay for Brexit for fear of everybody exiting if UK gets what it wants.

In short; there is no president for what the UK has done, so to save the EU, making an example out of the UK isn't off the table.

Edited by Snake-Pit

3 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

And what would the rest of us do without London? Return to the feudal system and install Michael Parkinson as a puppet monarch? 

I don't honestly care if London exited the UK; only thing I'd worry about in any votes there is not wanting children to grow up needing a passport to go to Brighton.

40 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Yeah, your giro's gone down by at least a fiver a week against the Euro. How ever will the coffee shops of Amsterdam cope with the losses in takings?:lol:

Just now, Dazey said:

Yeah, your giro's gone down by at least a fiver a week against the Euro. How ever will the coffee shops of Amsterdam cope with the losses in takings?:lol:

Company directors get working tax credit.

38 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

In short; there is no president for what the UK has done.

You're right, we're a constitutional monarchy. :lol:

1 minute ago, Snake-Pit said:

Company directors get working tax credit.

Do you know any?

32 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

I don't honestly care if London exited the UK; only thing I'd worry about in any votes there is not wanting children to grow up needing a passport to go to Brighton.

Seems like a minor worry?

They'll still let you go to Amsterdamn they want your money. 

The actual main worry is that we can't keep an eye on europe, if another dictator rises up in Germany we won't be able to stop it. Maybe the dictator will be in the UK. Boris of Bullington has a ring to it.