Paradise City Outro...

Axl totally butchers the song. Why can't he sing it the way it was recorded? He is singing in all the wrong places. He didn't sing it like that during UYI. I have not heard a good version of PC since Axl came back in 2001. Slash should say something( in a nice way) to Axl.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

The scream before confetti and the thank you part are the highlights of the song.

But there have been many great versions of the song between 06-10...

And from there it's just the end of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse... Like there's no valid argument anymore to say he isn't capable of doing it... And if it is motivation causing it, give him a few bumps of coke to get himself angry and hyped again like the old days

14 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

EXACTLY!!! I've been wanting to make a thread about this since forever... I really wish he sang the studio version of Paradise City... and not sing over Slash's intro solo..

I don't get the singing over Slash's intro solo either. I LOVE the way the original version builds up to the whistle part. In some way, he must think he's making the song better & cooler or he wouldn't do it?

Love this one!!:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DPR714 said:

He could start by blowing the whistle in the right place. LOL

Actually he could just ditch the whistle altogether and then not sing over Slashs solo in the intro and maybe all of that will help him not fuck up the outro as well.

The outro is fine.. I would rather just hear Slash shred for a bit without Axl singing over it..

The intro is awful though as others have stated.  It is cringe worthy when Axl sings that weird part over Slash's iconic lead intro. And I haven't watched last nights but in Detroit Mellisa was singing the chorus by herself at the beginning and that was annoying too.. I'd rather just hear the old school version.. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NorwegianGirl said:

Can someone tell me why Axl was so pissed? He's just standing there! :blink:

People were throwing stuff like water on the stage or something, Axl got pissed left and they talked him into coming back, he sang without moving until his contracted time was up and left. 

He sang beautifully though haha 

17 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

People were throwing stuff like water on the stage or something, Axl got pissed left and they talked him into coming back, he sang without moving until his contracted time was up and left. 

He sang beautifully though haha 

Thanks!

I'm watching the concert now on youtube. Must be the most painful thing I've ever watched! His singing is awesome!!

But with all the booing... walking off stage... standing still. Wow, he even misses the beat in welcome to the jungle and is way off on a verse there... And in the beginning this stage-guy has to help him with something for too-long, and Axl gets pissed and just slams the thing to the floor. I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Edited by NorwegianGirl

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

The outro is fine.. I would rather just hear Slash shred for a bit without Axl singing over it..

The intro is awful though as others have stated.  It is cringe worthy when Axl sings that weird part over Slash's iconic lead intro. And I haven't watched last nights but in Detroit Mellisa was singing the chorus by herself at the beginning and that was annoying too.. I'd rather just hear the old school version.. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think they played it like normal last night

42 minutes ago, NorwegianGirl said:

Thanks!

I'm watching the concert now on youtube. Must be the most painful thing I've ever watched! His singing is awesome!!

But with all the booing... walking off stage... standing still. Wow, he even misses the beat in welcome to the jungle and is way off on a verse there... And in the beginning this stage-guy has to help him with something for too-long, and Axl gets pissed and just slams the thing to the floor. I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

RQ and SCOM are so good I just listen. But definitely watching how it unfolded is tough, and to see the rest of the band trying really hard to keep the show going is sad. Must have been an awkward car ride back to the hotel with Axl

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think they played it like normal last night

wut?  And seriously, what do you mean by normal?  Normal that you're used to of late...or normal compared to the record.  I'm hoping the former because it was not the latter.