Guns n Roses for Glastonbury?

I think they'd go down great at Glasto. They would have to take a big pay cut though. I think headliners only get paid about £100k which will be worth about $20 by next June thanks to Brexit 

51 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Hope not!!!!

Why not? Like you're going to attend anyway... maybe there are other fans there who would like to go...

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They are not really a 'Glastonbury style' act I'm afraid. The hippies would hate them.

As much as you're right... Coldplay performed this year and it was phenomenal - judging from the recordings and videos....

Conclusion - Glastonbury is fuckin awesome festival - Yes, Download suits GnR better but even this is awesome!!

All in all, nothing beats a standalone concert.. GnR should play Wembley for that matter, cause you cannot compare energy of the festival against the energy of GnR concert!!

They just don't fit welll, the headliners they had this year are the kind of thing Glastonbury goers want, not GNR. 

They complained bitterly about Metallica headlining, and they didn't really win the crowd over. 

So far, for 2017 GNR are favourites to headline Download, Reading/Leeds and Glastonbury and of course they will be going on their own stadium tour with AXL/DC as the opener!

I hope only Download is true. 

16 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They just don't fit welll, the headliners they had this year are the kind of thing Glastonbury goers want, not GNR. 

They complained bitterly about Metallica headlining, and they didn't really win the crowd over. 

So far, for 2017 GNR are favourites to headline Download, Reading/Leeds and Glastonbury and of course they will be going on their own stadium tour with AXL/DC as the opener!

I hope only Download is true. 

I've been to Glasto 7 times and there's usually something for every kind of crowd. GnR would be very well received. 

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Glastonbury is a bit like Coachella, full off middle class 'faux' hippies in designer wellies drinking Pimms.

Then you've got the likes of me wallowing in my own filth eating soggy pills out of a sweaty plimsoll for five days. :lol:

• Like 2

I don't think they would, especially not when people hear the way Axl sings SCOM and NR, two of their most iconic songs, they sound awful live now. They would definitely put those two songs on the BBC for everyone to hear. It wouldn't go over well. 

Funnily, I think AC/DC with Axl would be better received and be a better performance. 

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't think they would, especially not when people hear the way Axl sings SCOM and NR, two of their most iconic songs, they sound awful live now. They would definitely put those two songs on the BBC for everyone to hear. It wouldn't go over well. 

Funnily, I think AC/DC with Axl would be better received and be a better performance. 

What?  They do not sound awful live.  Certainly not the last couple shows.  Paradise City on the other hand....

28 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

What?  They do not sound awful live.  Certainly not the last couple shows.  Paradise City on the other hand....

I think they do, and yes, Paradise City too. Last thing they need is that to be broadcast on the most watched channel in Britain. :shrugs:

14 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Alright.....hmmm, I was staring to like you :)

Ha ha, gotta keep things interseting ;) At least Metallica have nothing to do with it. 

I just don't want gnr to play somewhere where people will be so ready to pull them apart, and those three songs are going to give them bullets. Even though I think Slash sounds awesome on them. 

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ha ha, gotta keep things interseting ;) At least Metallica have nothing to do with it. 

I just don't want gnr to play somewhere where people will be so ready to pull them apart, and those three songs are going to give them bullets. Even though I think Slash sounds awesome on them. 

Oh, I definitely agree Glastonbury is probably not a great chocie for GnR....but if the money is enough, I'm sure they'd do it.  I've said all along they would headline Download for sure next year.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Hope it's Download rather than Glastonbury .

Yeah, Download is ten minutes from my house :lol: 

Seriously though, a massive majority of regular Download goers want gnr to play. ive been reading their forum, they have been following gnr since April 1st and know what to expect. It would go well. Better than trying to win round half a crowd that won't want you there. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1