Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

On August 1, 2016 at 2:45 AM, Kasanova King said:

What's a fair price to get these litho's framed and matted? 

Getting one professionally framed can get pretty pricey depending on what you want. After an acid-free mat, floating mat to keep the litho off the glass (to prevent damage over time), and coated uv glass, it came to around $170.00 and a two week wait... more than I would value the litho at, but mine has special meaning for me...

My gf and I have known each other for about 25 years and we were friends going back to our High School days. We drifted apart when I moved away from town to go to college and start a career. We didn't date back then even though we apparently had secret crushes on each other, but we decided to date now when our paths crossed again and we realized we were both unattached and would be a perfect couple. Incredible chemistry also helped.

The concert was our first official date (we both love GNR going back to those same High School days) and the lithograph we picked up and she protected for the entire 4 hours because she knew I really really wanted it kind of makes it extra special for us... well worth the $170.00 to have it professionally done.

Sorry for the long response, but I guess what I am saying is that it is all up to you. Monetarily a simple $20-$50 frame will suffice as some have suggested, but having one professionally framed could surprise you and more than triple that cost. 

• Like 3

Damn, I am killing my self over not buying the Nashville one now. I saw them at 3 or more places when I got there but didn't want to take it in the pit. I am going to have to get a  lithograph of some kind soon. I don't really even care from which show as long as it looks cool.

Edited by Tourettes2400

19 hours ago, Dacatzass said:

Getting one professionally framed can get pretty pricey depending on what you want. After an acid-free mat, floating mat to keep the litho off the glass (to prevent damage over time), and coated uv glass, it came to around $170.00 and a two week wait... more than I would value the litho at, but mine has special meaning for me...

My gf and I have known each other for about 25 years and we were friends going back to our High School days. We drifted apart when I moved away from town to go to college and start a career. We didn't date back then even though we apparently had secret crushes on each other, but we decided to date now when our paths crossed again and we realized we were both unattached and would be a perfect couple. Incredible chemistry also helped.

The concert was our first official date (we both love GNR going back to those same High School days) and the lithograph we picked up and she protected for the entire 4 hours because she knew I really really wanted it kind of makes it extra special for us... well worth the $170.00 to have it professionally done.

Sorry for the long response, but I guess what I am saying is that it is all up to you. Monetarily a simple $20-$50 frame will suffice as some have suggested, but having one professionally framed could surprise you and more than triple that cost. 

I agree its worth the professional mounting if it means that much to you. Im in FL and I plan on taking my Orlando Litho to my local Michaels. They have done work for me in the past, and its been exceptional. I bought an extra Orlando one if anyone is interested in a trade .. I really want one from the 7/3 show in Chicago

Edited by racerxfl
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, racerxfl said:

I agree its worth the professional mounting if it means that much to you. Im in FL and I plan on taking my Orlando Litho to my local Michaels. They have done work for me in the past, and its been exceptional. I bought an extra Orlando one if anyone is interested in a trade.

I actually have all my concert lithographs "plaque" mounted.  It is really cheap to do at Costco and looks amazing and provides a nice clean look.  

I don't care about the residual value so it works for me, I will keep them forever.

Example:

services_image_mounting_comapre.jpg

Even though I love football, Im not really a fan of tonights art

31 minutes ago, racerxfl said:

I agree its worth the professional mounting if it means that much to you. Im in FL and I plan on taking my Orlando Litho to my local Michaels. They have done work for me in the past, and its been exceptional. I bought an extra Orlando one if anyone is interested in a trade .. I really want one from the 7/3 show in Chicago

I have the Chicago 2 one. Wish I had another one to trade, it looks awesome in person

48 minutes ago, Albertr212 said:

Tonight's lithograph 

image.jpeg

Are there certain locations that these litho's will be available at the venue? Will it be at all merchandise kiosks? Are merchandise available during the day? Any information would be great? I'll be at Centurylink and want a little more info. 

1 hour ago, TrixAreForKids said:

Are there certain locations that these litho's will be available at the venue? Will it be at all merchandise kiosks? Are merchandise available during the day? Any information would be great? I'll be at Centurylink and want a little more info. 

For New Orleans, I purchased my litho inside / after entering the Superdome.  The merch truck outside was already sold out when we arrived, but the inside merch stands had them.

3 hours ago, Maynard James Keenan said:

I actually have all my concert lithographs "plaque" mounted.  It is really cheap to do at Costco and looks amazing and provides a nice clean look.  

I don't care about the residual value so it works for me, I will keep them forever.

Example:

services_image_mounting_comapre.jpg

Does this ruin the original? Can you get it out of the mount? If you can does it still run the risk of sticking in humidity?

2 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

I have an extra for metlife night one and night two. The neon gnr logo electrified and the jersey devil print. I'd trade both for one Cincinnati one. PM me if you're interested in trading for something else. 

The MetLife night 1 litho is WAY underrated in my opinion.   Once it's open, the colored sparkles in the logo look fantastic.   Underdog in my opinion!!!

5 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

I have an extra for metlife night one and night two. The neon gnr logo electrified and the jersey devil print. I'd trade both for one Cincinnati one. PM me if you're interested in trading for something else. 

Based on what the New Orleans ones are bringing, I'd consider my extra New Orleans for both your Met life posters....

like you, sure would love to get a Cinci one!!

8 hours ago, Albertr212 said:

Tonight's lithograph 

image.jpeg

I don't like this one as much. I think a lot of it is because at first I thought the shoulder on the right was a fist shoving a bone into the thing's mouth. I looked closer and I know that it is  a shoulder and the other side of the Arlington ribbon, but I can't unsee a fist and a bone.

14 hours ago, Ecocide said:

Does this ruin the original? Can you get it out of the mount? If you can does it still run the risk of sticking in humidity?

There will be no way to get the original off of the mount.  I have not seen humidity related issues in my experience but I cannot say for sure.

The original is permanently mounted to the plaque so I guess it does ruin it in that sense.  I think it enhances it and looks amazing hanging on the wall with no frame, just the picture.

If you plan to resell in the future it is a non-starter but if you want to keep it for life and give it a really nice look on the wall it is in my opinion the best option.

19 hours ago, Albertr212 said:

Tonight's lithograph 

image.jpeg

The art's a letdown in both design and execution (is the bullet logo supposed to be like a logo on the side of the helmet? If so... ouch), but those super-wide left/right margins might actually be the worst part of the whole package.

• Like 1

I actually like it if an

1 hour ago, Blackjacker said:

The art's a letdown in both design and execution (is the bullet logo supposed to be like a logo on the side of the helmet? If so... ouch), but those super-wide left/right margins might actually be the worst part of the whole package.

I actually like it.  I'm willing to trade a Philly for one if somebody has it.

Edited by pjjk

1 hour ago, Blackjacker said:

I'll trade a Atlanta for that one 

4 hours ago, Blackjacker said:

I think you nailed it. This was my least favorite design and those super wide left/right margins are distracting. Not very original and poorly adapted. Some of the show art has been amazing, but it says something when it is executed better on the T-Shirt than the Litho.

• Like 1