Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

11 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I hope these assholes get stuck with a bunch of them they can't sell or have to sell at low prices to get their money back.

There is not really a huge amount of people who collect these. Of course people on here because we are super fans lol. 

People I know think I am crazy for even considering buying them for $45 at the show. This isn't something everyone is into.

I'm sure the band/merch company keeps track of this stuff as well. Either they will list all of the unsold ones once the tour is over to flood the market or do more limited reprints to help capitalize on the craze. Either way, that will make those prints come down in price. I guarantee you those folks will be left with a bunch they want to get rid of. It wouldn't even surprise me if they are buying their own prints to set these prices in hope that a few bite on the re listing. Some people have to ruin the fun...

Edited by guitarpatch

40 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

I'm guessing people are buying a bunch of these at once and trying to capitalize on ebay. Lame stuff there as they are trying to profit off of fans and the band. They're colluding in trying to drive the price up on these. Wait a few months and you'll see these popping up at more reasonable prices once the hype wears off.  

This isn't much different as to what the actual band and it's representatives did with tickets. They sold tickets for hundreds of dollars the the diehards. Then added shows and when they realized they couldn't sell all the tickets at the high price points, lowered the prices. So the real fans got screwed. So it's something we need to accept as the norm. 

1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

I'm guessing people are buying a bunch of these at once and trying to capitalize on ebay. Lame stuff there as they are trying to profit off of fans and the band. They're colluding in trying to drive the price up on these. Wait a few months and you'll see these popping up at more reasonable prices once the hype wears off.  

Pearl Jam had this problem with their gig posters and eventually only allowed 1 per person. 

8 minutes ago, Silveradot said:

Can someone with the KC lithograph tell me how there print numbers look on theres.I was just looking at mine and the numbers look like they were writin in pen but printed if that makes any sense.

Thanks 

Did you get it at the show or find it online?

2 hours ago, gnr>everything said:

Looks oldschool & cool but is kinda inconsistent with the original bullet logo and city specific bullet logo shirts, because in all the other designs the lettering is "Guns •N• Roses", as opposed to the single dot in this litho...

Haha, not too important though, but it immediately caught my eye :D

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is the best one thus far as it is like an old fashioned gig poster - in fact it has the exact same colour scheme as a Neil Young/Crazy Horse poster I have on my wall. The skeleton ones are too silly for my taste - too Metallica.

I guess there was bound to be the odd skeleton involved with Slash back in the band.

Edited by Silverburst80

6 hours ago, Silveradot said:

Can someone with the KC lithograph tell me how there print numbers look on theres.I was just looking at mine and the numbers look like they were writin in pen but printed if that makes any sense.

Thanks 

If the fear is that someone made copies of the KC Lithograph and they are selling them on Ebay, I don't think you have to worry too much. Looking at the past KC auctions, I don't see any repeating numbers. 155 shows up twice, but it looks like someone bought it and then flipped it for a small profit (different seller and location).

A Google search also reveals that some of the numbers are hand printed and some are apparently machine printed. Here is a link to someone who feared their Philly litho was fake because the number looked printed instead of hand written:

https://m.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/4uwkd5/my_brothers_worried_his_philly_litho_is_fake/

Since these are all printed locally, it probably depends on the capability of the printing equipment at whichever company they contract.

Going back to ebay, it looks like all the KC lithos may have printed numbers like Philly. No worries.

5 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

yeah the Sonics are still loved and many fans are still hoping for another team

i think its pretty cool and very Seattle. something with starbucks would have been corny. 

Haha- no doubt on the Starbucks thing. My comment above was meant to be sarcastic. 

It's not my favorite, but the Seattle folks apparently love it, and that's what counts!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Haha- no doubt on the Starbucks thing. My comment above was meant to be sarcastic. 

It's not my favorite, but the Seattle folks apparently love it, and that's what counts!

it made me think about what would have been cool to do for Seattle other than sport teams 

Seattle very nerdy/hipstery: Starbucks, Microsoft (no offense to anybody from there, i have nothing against it) hard to come up with something hard edged 

maybe they couldve reached with something related to DB Cooper  

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

it made me think about what would have been cool to do for Seattle other than sport teams 

Seattle very nerdy/hipstery: Starbucks, Microsoft (no offense to anybody from there, i have nothing against it) hard to come up with something hard edged 

maybe they couldve reached with something related to DB Cooper  

Yeah, I really had no guess either. I also think of rain, hipsters and..... Starbucks! :lol: I wasn't aware they still loved the Sonics. I'd have guessed the opposite. 

DB Cooper- that's an interesting angle... I like it.

AZ will likely be the obvious I think- skeleton in the desert by a cactus. Could put some awesome colors into it though...

I don't know if this is likely but I have a feeling Duff had something to do with picking the design on this one.

I mean it is in his home town, he was the first one to share the design on his Twitter (I believe) and he even said #sonics in his post which means he liked the team. I also think this is the first time we have a core member actually share a litho from this tour so I'm guessing this one means something to him. 

I don't know just a thought that I had.  

• Like 2