Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

12 hours ago, Dacatzass said:

If the fear is that someone made copies of the KC Lithograph and they are selling them on Ebay, I don't think you have to worry too much. Looking at the past KC auctions, I don't see any repeating numbers. 155 shows up twice, but it looks like someone bought it and then flipped it for a small profit (different seller and location).

A Google search also reveals that some of the numbers are hand printed and some are apparently machine printed. Here is a link to someone who feared their Philly litho was fake because the number looked printed instead of hand written:

https://m.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/4uwkd5/my_brothers_worried_his_philly_litho_is_fake/

Since these are all printed locally, it probably depends on the capability of the printing equipment at whichever company they contract.

Going back to ebay, it looks like all the KC lithos may have printed numbers like Philly. No worries.

Thanks for your response.Yes that's what I was worried about but after seeing the Philly one in the link that you posted my KC one looks pretty much the same.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yeah, I really had no guess either. I also think of rain, hipsters and..... Starbucks! :lol: I wasn't aware they still loved the Sonics. I'd have guessed the opposite. 

DB Cooper- that's an interesting angle... I like it.

AZ will likely be the obvious I think- skeleton in the desert by a cactus. Could put some awesome colors into it though...

i was gonna say something to do with Ted Bundy but that would be crazy insensitive :lol: 

the anything goes section knows i would be all over that though 

Edited by -W.A.R-

I like how different that the Seattle poster is and the fact that Duff is huge into sports and used to write for ESPN.com, I understand them Sonics homage. But both Brice Lee and Jimmy Hendrix could also call Seattle home. Plus Duff himself. Think they missed out on an opportunity with those guys

22 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I hope these assholes get stuck with a bunch of them they can't sell or have to sell at low prices to get their money back.

There is not really a huge amount of people who collect these. Of course people on here because we are super fans lol. 

People I know think I am crazy for even considering buying them for $45 at the show. This isn't something everyone is into.

Do we have any other examples of bands this size doing individual litho's and seeing how they are valued years after?

2 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Just got my New Orleans litho in the mail, big thanks to TigerBubba. Unrolled and straightening it out as we speak. Glow in the dark effect is sick.

Right back at you Uzi, got my MetLife lithos yesterday. Everyone is right, you have to see night one in person to truly appreciate it.

trades like this are how fans should look after each other!

3 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Do we have any other examples of bands this size doing individual litho's and seeing how they are valued years after?

The only other band I've seen somewhat recently that had a city-specific poster was Black Sabbath, they were $50 at the shows too, dunno about re-sale.

I'm happy with the design, it has a simple and vintage look to it. I thought it might've been a skull with a joint or something so I like this better than what I imagined :lol:

20 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The only other band I've seen somewhat recently that had a city-specific poster was Black Sabbath, they were $50 at the shows too, dunno about re-sale.

I'm happy with the design, it has a simple and vintage look to it. I thought it might've been a skull with a joint or something so I like this better than what I imagined :lol:

I was a tad disappointed that they didnt have an additional litho. Was hoping for something like the San Fran one. I really desire that one. I may look for a trade for that one for my extra Seattle one.

12 hours ago, Albertr212 said:

I don't know if this is likely but I have a feeling Duff had something to do with picking the design on this one.

I mean it is in his home town, he was the first one to share the design on his Twitter (I believe) and he even said #sonics in his post which means he liked the team. I also think this is the first time we have a core member actually share a litho from this tour so I'm guessing this one means something to him. 

I don't know just a thought that I had.  

I definitely think Duff had some say in this. Anytime stuff comes up about the Sonics, he's all over it. He was even on some kind of committee or think tank thing for trying to bring the team back. The design may seem an odd choice to non-Washingtonians, but it went over big here last night. Seattle has never stopped loving the Sonics and has never forgiven the ownership for taking away their team. GNR was hitting right in the heart with that design!

37 minutes ago, TigerBubba said:

Vegas 1 just goes for $330 and Vegas 2 just goes for $82. Glad I'm not a market analyst for these things!

Lol, I was bidding on that Vegas 2 one. 75 was my max. Oh well, I wasn't even at that show. I just like the artwork.

Glad I have Vegas 1 now , haha

5 hours ago, TigerBubba said:

Vegas 1 just goes for $330 and Vegas 2 just goes for $82. Glad I'm not a market analyst for these things!

I wouldn't sell mine but I do use the prices on ebay as a way to gage value for the different lithos. Im dying to see what 6 months or a year does to these prices. 

P.S   I bought the Pittsburgh litho cause I found it for a good price and couldn't help myself. Now I'm really done though...probably.

45 minutes ago, TigerBubba said:

So, I'm going to the Sept 1 AC/DC show in ATL to see Axl fronting the band (fascinated to see him front another band). Any idea if AC/DC does show specific lithos, posters, etc?

3 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Good question Tiger. I'm going to see Axl/DC at MSG and was wondering the same thing.

I'll be at the Fort Lauderdale show (it's the second show) and I'll keep my eyes peeled. 

Just a heads-up for anyone buying these lithographs on eBay. I've come across a knock-off/copy of the Detroit lithograph. Buyer beware - at least he is selling it as a 'novelty print' but just be sure you know what you're getting.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Guns-N-Roses-Poster-Ford-Field-Detroit-6-23-2016-Novelty-Print-Lithograph-24x18-/291843806161?roken=cUgayN

• Like 2