Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

4 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Is that Arlington litho a different size? I thought every one from this tour was the same? 

No it just has a large white border to it. Such a missed opportunity. Could have had a cool cowboy motifs but instead had to go with the loser Cowboys. Oh well, they still got my money. 

32 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I really like the Houston one 

Houston one is pretty cool. Dallas, not so much. 

I'll tell you I spent $380 getting my two Metlife lithos framed at a professional with UV protection. Then I went a little nuts and bought 4 other lithos from shows I didn't go to, but don't want to pull the trigger on spending another $760 to get them all professionally framed as well. Then I read on the Nigthrain forum from a guy who is a professional framer about how the cheap frames can really ruin the print. He's got me nervous now and I'm heading back to the pro shop. Maybe I can get a better price for bringing 4 at a time lol.

37 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

I'll tell you I spent $380 getting my two Metlife lithos framed at a professional with UV protection. Then I went a little nuts and bought 4 other lithos from shows I didn't go to, but don't want to pull the trigger on spending another $760 to get them all professionally framed as well. Then I read on the Nigthrain forum from a guy who is a professional framer about how the cheap frames can really ruin the print. He's got me nervous now and I'm heading back to the pro shop. Maybe I can get a better price for bringing 4 at a time lol.

Holy fuck

Theyre posters, not oil on canvas, I think youll be fine with basic shit

• Like 2

On August 13, 2016 at 0:31 PM, uzi your illusion said:

Do we have any other examples of bands this size doing individual litho's and seeing how they are valued years after?

Pearl jam

Jack white 

The Black keys 

Phish 

Dave Matthews Band

Thats just a few bands that have huge gig poster followers ... As far as value in my opinion  id say it has more to do with the artist than anything. Those bands usually have a different artist each show and some of these artist (Tyler Stout, Chuck Sperry, Ken Taylor) have pretty big fan bases that'll buy the prints just for the art. I'm so excited that gnr is creating gig posters for their shows and fans are excited for them ... One thing I'd like to see though is more artist just for variety and different takes.

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Holy fuck

Theyre posters, not oil on canvas, I think youll be fine with basic shit

yeah they aren't original Picasso's lol

5 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

This was posted in the LA concert thread...not sure if real or not....

kinda lame tbh...i thought LA would have the best shirt...i guess theres 2maro night still 

Edited by -W.A.R-

13 hours ago, minks58 said:

Pearl jam

Jack white 

The Black keys 

Phish 

Dave Matthews Band

Thats just a few bands that have huge gig poster followers ... As far as value in my opinion  id say it has more to do with the artist than anything. Those bands usually have a different artist each show and some of these artist (Tyler Stout, Chuck Sperry, Ken Taylor) have pretty big fan bases that'll buy the prints just for the art. I'm so excited that gnr is creating gig posters for their shows and fans are excited for them ... One thing I'd like to see though is more artist just for variety and different takes.

Maynard is disappointed that you forgot the amazing Adam Jones show specific artwork that Tool has been blessing fans with for the past decade.