Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

Little mermaid on acid... I like it! :)

I only have the two for the shows I went to and didn't desire any of the others no matter how awesome they were, but I would kill to get one of the tattoo chick. If someone would be willing to pick one up, I would appreciate it greatly.

1 minute ago, Blake Sabbath said:

It was pretty easy to guess, but then some people still thought it'd be a rollerblader lol

Lol guilty as charged. Would still make sense though, when I used to skate down in Venice beach I saw a whole bunch of people roller blading all the time. 

I still think it would've been cool since the first one reminds me of Venice. 

Considering it's Arian Buhler and he already did a skateboarding theme for the first of the "trilogy" it would've been sacrilegious to use any sort of reference to rollerblading for the others, trust me.. ;-D

Isn't San Diego known for its surf culture more than anything else?

13 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Considering it's Arian Buhler and he already did a skateboarding theme for the first of the "trilogy" it would've been sacrilegious to use any sort of reference to rollerblading for the others, trust me.. ;-D

Isn't San Diego known for its surf culture more than anything else?

Yeah surfing does make sense but I didn't put much thought into it honestly. After seeing the skate design I knew it wasn't going to get topped. I think it's his best one right next to Cincy, I'll be happy when I get to display both soon. 

55 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Nothing against rollerblading, but it hardly screams hardcore.

image.jpeg

10 hours ago, TigerBubba said:

I ponied up and bought the LA ones on eBay. IMHO these are way better

pretty please anyone out there going consider grabbing me one of each!? ?

Wow Tiger that's gotta put you at what almost 15 now? That's awesome. How are you framing these? I took some advice from a poster on the Nightrain forum who was a professional framer and went against using the cheaper frames. Nothing worse then spending all this money/time tracking them down and then having them fade.

46 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Wow Tiger that's gotta put you at what almost 15 now? That's awesome. How are you framing these? I took some advice from a poster on the Nightrain forum who was a professional framer and went against using the cheaper frames. Nothing worse then spending all this money/time tracking them down and then having them fade.

Would you kind linking me to that post about the frame ?

With a cheap frame you run a couple of risks over time:

The print will fade in direct sunlight if UV glass is not used.

A mat board (sandwiched between the backing and the glass and designed to keep the artwork directly off the glass) is always absent with cheap frames... The artwork can stick to the glass and humidity will damage the print (especially true with shiny artwork).

Professional framing uses archival quality ph-balanced paper for matting. Wood pulp paper is acidic and will leach/damage the print over time... like an old book that gets brittle and yellows with age.

With all this said, the bottom line is these are $50 prints that are made to be displayed and enjoyed. UV glass, ph-valued paper, and thick matting can add quite a bit to the cost of having something professionally framed. It will cost more than the actual artwork itself. Cheap frames are fine for most people's needs.

3 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Uzi, I've got ten. Weird for me. I've always liked show specific posters of music even when not limited. I've got some that I think are great and if it's a show that matters, I'll get it framed with my ticket. Though I'm a huge Clemson football fan and actually work for the university, instead of a football man cave, my dream has always been a music themed space. I normally would only get the shows that I went to (Nashville, ATL), but GnR is my all time fave band and I fell in love with these. Initially just got Detroit off eBay (passing on Cinci at the time, "oh, I'll get it later"). Then reached out to friends in Orlando and Nola, they easily made it happen. Then tried that for Houston, San Fran, Seattle, and LA (one). All were sold out before friends could purchase. Of course, I got the two MetLife from you. Also got the Arizona litho and bought the two from LA. 

I will have the shield I went to done with ticket. It won't be cheap. I'll have the others ones done professionally, but with simpler matting and frame. I'll take my time doing them. Maybe one every month or two.

one thing, find a great framer. Michaels, etc seems to raise the price so that the coupons really doesn't make it that great of a deal and I'd rather have someone who is creative and knows my wishes better than whoever comes to the counter.

35 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Whats a cheap frame? Mine cost 30€ each

Most of the premade standard size frames that you would by at the store. Prices vary, but cheap is used in this context compared to the cost of having something professionally framed with UV glass and archival paper.

3 hours ago, Dacatzass said:

With a cheap frame you run a couple of risks over time:

The print will fade in direct sunlight if UV glass is not used.

A mat board (sandwiched between the backing and the glass and designed to keep the artwork directly off the glass) is always absent with cheap frames... The artwork can stick to the glass and humidity will damage the print (especially true with shiny artwork).

Professional framing uses archival quality ph-balanced paper for matting. Wood pulp paper is acidic and will leach/damage the print over time... like an old book that gets brittle and yellows with age.

With all this said, the bottom line is these are $50 prints that are made to be displayed and enjoyed. UV glass, ph-valued paper, and thick matting can add quite a bit to the cost of having something professionally framed. It will cost more than the actual artwork itself. Cheap frames are fine for most people's needs.

Definitely can cost more than the print if you got them for $50 at the show. But you want to keep them in as good shape as you can if your going to display them.

Edited by uzi your illusion

15 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Definitely can cost more than the print if you got them for $50 at the show. But you want to keep them in as good shape as you can if your going to display them.

Right. It depends on what it's worth to the individual.

I personally had my prints professionally framed, but I also don't begrudge anyone for getting a simple off-the-shelf frame to display their litho.

The art cost $50 at the shows; and the crazy secondary market aside, that is what the initial investment was worth to them. Sentimentality has a much different value.

I loved the print they were selling at an Atlanta show, but at some point during the concert someone swiped the bag i had and took the litho I bought. I have been looking to replace it with one on eBay, but have just realized how much they are worth. Is there anywhere I can look to get a new one at a decent price, or at least get a good pdf of one to use as a computer background? I now understand how rare they are, but is there any way I can replace it?

7 hours ago, Tyler95 said:

I loved the print they were selling at an Atlanta show, but at some point during the concert someone swiped the bag i had and took the litho I bought. I have been looking to replace it with one on eBay, but have just realized how much they are worth. Is there anywhere I can look to get a new one at a decent price, or at least get a good pdf of one to use as a computer background? I now understand how rare they are, but is there any way I can replace it?

Oh man the sucks. Im not much help, asking here (and other forums and the guns n roses subreddit) is your best bet alongside ebay

And I LOVE the chick from San Diego. If anyone here is selling let me know! These lithographs have all been stellar

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Oh man the sucks. Im not much help, asking here (and other forums and the guns n roses subreddit) is your best bet alongside ebay

And I LOVE the chick from San Diego. If anyone here is selling let me know! These lithographs have all been stellar

Zoso,

You mentioned a GNR subreddit. I'm not super familiar with that site, I always found it hard to navigate. Have you seen lithos for sale by users on that site? I'm dying for a KC litho still, and nothings coming up on ebay. At this point if someone who had the equipment could print out a high resolution copy of the KC litho on poster size paper I would pay them $100 for the effort even though it would be a replica.

Okay. I'm going to whine a little bit. I'm all about capitalism, but as two different folks I know we're trying to get lithos at SD, this fired me up. On eBay, the seller of the Tattoo Lady litho included a picture of the box that #150-250 came in. If they bought all 100, that kinda sucks...