Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

5 minutes ago, TigerBubba said:

Okay. I'm going to whine a little bit. I'm all about capitalism, but as two different folks I know we're trying to get lithos at SD, this fired me up. On eBay, the seller of the Tattoo Lady litho included a picture of the box that #150-250 came in. If they bought all 100, that kinda sucks...

I saw that too, but there is no way he bought 100 of the same lithograph. First, he would have to plunk down $5000. Second, he couldn't have bought 151-250 because there are other auctions by completely different people with lithographs that fall in that same number range. 

Litho 170, 198 and 241 are currently on ebay, and 153, 154, 158, 187, 188 recently sold by different people.

What probably happened is he bought multiples (he admits this in his ad) and they let him take the cardboard box to transport them so they wouldn't bend.

8 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Zoso,

You mentioned a GNR subreddit. I'm not super familiar with that site, I always found it hard to navigate. Have you seen lithos for sale by users on that site? I'm dying for a KC litho still, and nothings coming up on ebay. At this point if someone who had the equipment could print out a high resolution copy of the KC litho on poster size paper I would pay them $100 for the effort even though it would be a replica.

I haven't seen anyone offering a KC litho since right after the show. Either on reddit or ebay. I would also be interested in a high-quality replica.

Someone must have one and be able to take it to Kinko's? :lol:

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Not a problem if you have the money and expect to make a gigantic profit. How much do these things retail officially - $50? He is selling them for $300 400. Multiple by 100!!

Yes, but there are plenty of lithographs for sale on ebay that came from that same exact box that are not from this guy.

The easiest explanation is usually the correct one and it is more conceivable that he got his hands on the empty box to transport his lithographs in than plunking down the money for 100 to flip on ebay.

1 minute ago, Dacatzass said:

Yes, but there are plenty of lithographs for sale on ebay that came from that same exact box that are not from this guy.

The easiest explanation is usually the correct one and it is more conceivable that he got his hands on the empty box to transport his lithographs in than plunking down the money for 100 to flip on ebay.

Wasn't there somebody, in this thread or the other one about general merchandising, who said some chap in front of him bought the entire stick of lithographs in one fell swoop?

It would take a while to flip 100 of those. You wouldn't sell them all at the same price either.... 

Hope they put limits on them the next go around. Or maybe even something involved with Nightrain memberships on top. Otherwise the band should be selling them at 300 bucks a pop. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Wasn't there somebody, in this thread or the other one about general merchandising, who said some chap in front of him bought the entire stick of lithographs in one fell swoop?

I didn't see that post. I know I was told the limit was 2 per person, but as with anything, there are ways around it.

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

It would take a while to flip 100 of those. You wouldn't sell them all at the same price either.... 

Hope they put limits on them the next go around. Or maybe even something involved with Nightrain memberships on top. Otherwise the band should be selling them at 300 bucks a pop. 

I would love to see a a limited re-printing run of all the designs. Sell them on the online store for $50 a pop. That seems easily do-able and like easy money for the band.

Just now, EverythingWasRoses said:

I would love to see a a limited re-printing run of all the designs. Sell them on the online store for $50 a pop. That seems easily do-able and like easy money for the band.

I'd say that's quite possible. They did that with the Troubadour gig. Would also help control the cost of originals...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Zoso,

You mentioned a GNR subreddit. I'm not super familiar with that site, I always found it hard to navigate. Have you seen lithos for sale by users on that site? I'm dying for a KC litho still, and nothings coming up on ebay. At this point if someone who had the equipment could print out a high resolution copy of the KC litho on poster size paper I would pay them $100 for the effort even though it would be a replica.

Here ya go, reddit.com/r/gunsnrosss. Sorry I don't know much about printing your own. Good luck!

27 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

I'd say that's quite possible. They did that with the Troubadour gig. Would also help control the cost of originals...

11 minutes ago, Dacatzass said:

We're the Troubadour lithos numbered? 

Those foil ones were not numbered. The Troubador show actually had an 18x24 lithograph, too. It's on the first page of the thread. I think it was out of 400. Have only seen 1 or 2 on ebay and the last one I saw was like in April. It went for 400 bucks or something crazy

42 minutes ago, EverythingWasRoses said:

It would also be cool if they made a giant one with all of them on it. Each one could be 8.5x11 vertically. 

• Like 2

I guess it is possible that they might offer reprints of the lithos on their website, but the reprints probably wouldn't be numbered and they would have to have some other way of visually identifying them as reprints... Something along the lines of what they do for comic books for 2nd or 3rd printings. Otherwise it is useless to market and sell something as a "limited-edition-collectible-exclusive-to-each-individual-show" and go through the effort of selling them individually numbered... you would also risk pissing off your fan base who plunked down their hard-earned cash to buy these things at the shows. It would work once... but why would someone buy them at the show and risk damaging it when they could wait until later and order it online?

if the original Troubadour prints were numbered, but the ones they are selling on the GNR website aren't and they are clearly identifiable with different color foil, then they would probably do something similar with any other additional lithographs they decide to sell. 

It would have to be something completely different than just offering copies that are not numbered since that would be too easy to fake (especially true for those prints that were hand-numbered), and they sort of eliminated that possibility by issuing the Foxboro prints without being individually numbered. They could offer reprints with different quality paper, change the size of the reprints, or have a distinctive border around them to identify  them to would be buyers that it is a copy instead of a venue original. This would actually have the opposite effect on controlling costs guitarpatch... it would make the originals more desirable to collectors and fans. That is why I think they will not go this route.

Now offering a web exclusive consisting of all the lithograph art from the tour in one big collage would be cool and an easy way to milk some more money out of everyone.

22 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yeah, the merchandise truck in SF sold all 30 lithos they had to some ebayer before they even opened to the public. Wankers.

Still looking for an LA 2 if someone has an extra. We got in the venue 2 mins after the doors opened and two people bought every poster from all four stands I hit. I have a VIP Vegas to trade or will pay cash as long as it's not too crazy. 

Edited by GoBucky
Misspelling

32 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Still looking for an LA 2 if someone has an extra. We got in the venue 2 mins after the doors opened and two people bought every poster from all four stands I hit. I have a VIP Vegas to trade or will pay cash as long as it's not too crazy. 

That's fucking awful, they should put a 2 person litho limit. It'd at least slow scalpers down because they'd have to wait in more lines at more booths to get more than 2

It's amazing how these things blew up. I was able to grab a Detroit litho after the show, and both Chicago's 30 minutes before Guns got on stage. There were Cincy's leftover after the show at the table near our seats. Eventually these things were gone as soon as the doors opened because of assholes flipping them. I got the second to last one in LA 5 mins after the doors opened at the Loge table. Pearl Jam silk screens used to be the same but they started to only allow one per person years ago. There were plenty of theirs left over after the Wrigley show on Monday. 

2 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I wasn't going to pay those crazy Ebay prices for the Nashville litho so I just made my own from a few pics I took in Nashville for $25.

I bought a Slash and Duff guitar pick too. Going to put them with my ticket and Nightrain pass in the frame. Hopefully it looks badass. Probably get a frame this weekend. 

20160825_155125.jpg

That is freakin' sweet Tourettes2400! That picture of Duff standing in front of the screen is rally badass!

• Like 1

That is what I was hoping for so I was happy to see the Nashville one and then the last day bidding went crazy and ended up selling for $400. That is when I said fuck these Ebay sellers, especially since I was at the show. I could have bought 20 of them but I didnt want to take it in to the pit.