Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

1 hour ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Thanks. I had a few more that were good too but I swapped them out so I could put Steven smiling in there.

Pretty cool idea man! My girlfriend is ace with photoshop & graphic design. I'm gonna see if any of my pics are of decent enough quality to do something like that. Yours looks great!

On August 24, 2016 at 1:33 PM, TigerBubba said:

Okay. I'm going to whine a little bit. I'm all about capitalism, but as two different folks I know we're trying to get lithos at SD, this fired me up. On eBay, the seller of the Tattoo Lady litho included a picture of the box that #150-250 came in. If they bought all 100, that kinda sucks...

Ok. I still doubt he bought a full box of 100 lithographs, but that particular seller obviously purchased a bunch of them. So far he has listed 14 separate San Diego lithos on eBay (a mixture of both designs), and is crafty enough not to saturate the market by listing them all at the same time. I am sure there were plenty of people who wanted one who came away empty handed because of this guy.

3 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I wasn't going to pay those crazy Ebay prices for the Nashville litho so I just made my own from a few pics I took in Nashville for $25.

I bought a Slash and Duff guitar pick too. Going to put them with my ticket and Nightrain pass in the frame. Hopefully it looks badass. Probably get a frame this weekend. 

20160825_155125.jpg

Looks better than the lithographs. I've held my tongue here because everyone seems to love them but I find these lithographs truly horrific. Skeletons and skulls. GN'R were always better than this. This is Maiden territory. Why do they seek a skeleton to represent them so? Awful.

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wasn't going to pay those crazy Ebay prices for the Nashville litho so I just made my own from a few pics I took in Nashville for $25.

I bought a Slash and Duff guitar pick too. Going to put them with my ticket and Nightrain pass in the frame. Hopefully it looks badass. Probably get a frame this weekend. 

20160825_155125.jpg

Looks better than the lithographs. I've held my tongue here because everyone seems to love them but I find these lithographs truly horrific. Skeletons and skulls. GN'R were always better than this. This is Maiden territory. Why do they seek a skeleton to represent them so? Awful.

Has GNR being represented by skulls always bothered you or is this a new thing? I mean, this is something that has been going on since the beginning. I am pretty sure I've seen you comment about it before and wondered about it then, but didn't ask. 

Now on to the handmade poster... I think the collage of pictures from the show is a great idea. Lithos are great, especially for collectors, but to me the collage is just more personal.

20160825_155125.jpg

This is absolutely awesome, wow. Lithos are great, but this is extra personal. Great idea! 

:headbang: :lol: Thanks guy, my wife says I am obsessed. She thinks I am crazy but I don't care. I think I like it more than my Atlanta lith because it is so personal.

I am actually doing one like this but with every lithograph on it.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

"Not in this lifetime"...You know where you are? You gonna die!!!! And decompose!!!

It all makes sense if you let it...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

20160825_155125.jpg

Dude that is cooler than any of the official Lithographs!!! That looks amazing!  Great job on that, those are all great shots of the band too. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

:headbang: :lol: Thanks guy, my wife says I am obsessed. She thinks I am crazy but I don't care. I think I like it more than my Atlanta lith because it is so personal.

I am actually doing one like this but with every lithograph on it.

You should print out about 400, individually number them, and sell them on eBay! Haha! :) 

3 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

Has GNR being represented by skulls always bothered you or is this a new thing? I mean, this is something that has been going on since the beginning. I am pretty sure I've seen you comment about it before and wondered about it then, but didn't ask. 

Yes. I just think this band can be better than this. Can I ask you a question: why skullls/skeleton? Do they preempt death? Do they have an affiliation with the dead? There is no singular reason why guns should affiliate themselves with skulls - they were actually a better band than your Metallicas and Iron Maidens. Why must it be a skeleton which represents Guns?

And no, I do not like the Appetite cross cover.

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes. I just think this band can be better than this. Can I ask you a question: why skullls/skeleton? Do they preempt death? Do they have an affiliation with the dead? There is no singular reason why guns should affiliate themselves with skulls - they were actually a better band than your Metallicas and Iron Maidens. Why must it be a skeleton which represents Guns?

And no, I do not like the Appetite cross cover.

Thank you for humoring me and slaking my curiosity.

I don't think they were trying to be deep. They were pretty much a you get what you see kind of band so I don't think they had any deep metaphorical/metahysical meaning to the use of skulls. I think they just used the skull theme because they liked skulls and they could. :shrugs:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, racerxfl said:

Just got mine back from the frame shop.. think it turned out nice. If anyone has this Shirt in a LARGE (L) they'd be willing to part with, let me know.. the graphic has totally grown on me. Ive got a 2XL for trade. 

IMG_7153.JPG

Looks awesome!

1 hour ago, Satapher_Groddius said:

I'm planning to frame my Atlanta's litho, can anyone tell me what's the exact size of lithographs? and what are the recommended size for a frame?

Thanks!

18x24. I got my frames at Target for 20 bucks each

• Like 3

The market seems to be cooling a little for these... at least on eBay with some of the ridiculous prices some were asking for.

Lots of Completed auctions with no bids in the $175+ range. Next week or so should show the true value (for those interested in such things), but it looks like $100-$200 each depending on how popular the design is.

4 minutes ago, Dacatzass said:

The market seems to be cooling a little for these... at least on eBay with some of the ridiculous prices some were asking for.

Lots of Completed auctions with no bids in the $175+ range. Next week or so should show the true value (for those interested in such things), but it looks like $100-$200 each depending on how popular the design is.

175 is still ridicolous. During the first few stadium shows they were about 100 each. Hell, I got my Vegas one for like 75 in May. Didnt buy one at the show cause I didnt want to carry it back to the hotel in the rain

Market is definitely cooling. A night one Vegas was a no sale at $175 and it went for $330 last week or so. My take on things...

San Fran, LA, and San Diego were all bought up by resellers. Fans got (by and large) the lithos at the other sites. This you don't see KC, Cinci, Nashville, Houston and DC coming up for resale very often.

i love that they did them. Hope the next tour they have lithos and instead of "Not in this lifetime", it's the tour supporting a new album!

So...I'm probably completely looking too much into this, but the last one "Tattooed Girl/woman" whatever. As that was the last show of the NA Tour, was that an analogy to Rocket Queen? I have seen some folks call it that?

Also, I know the artist at Hatch that did Nashville, and of course familiar with the ones Arian Buhler did, but do we know the artists of the others?

3 minutes ago, TigerBubba said:

So...I'm probably completely looking too much into this, but the last one "Tattooed Girl/woman" whatever. As that was the last show of the NA Tour, was that an analogy to Rocket Queen? I have seen some folks call it that?

Also, I know the artist at Hatch that did Nashville, and of course familiar with the ones Arian Buhler did, but do we know the artists of the others?

Idk but Id love to know. I think my Vegas night 1 litho has some small print. Might have the artists name. Idk about my Chicago night 2.

Maybe Ill take them out of their frames sometime and check

57 minutes ago, TigerBubba said:

@sararay on IG is responsible for the Rocket Queen design