Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

On 11/12/2016 at 6:22 AM, xBrownstonex said:

This robert guy is selling them on ebay now. I dont wanna know how much money he made these last months by ripping off fans.

This Robert fellow had a foil, purple, and orange he bought from Sara Ray listed recently and I think he only made a profit on the foil one (sold for $382.77). The purple sold for $71.00 and orange for $66.00.

I know Sara sold the foil for $100.00, but does anyone know her original asking price for the purple and orange? Would rather see the artist benefit from the sale than some eBay flipper.

On 11/22/2016 at 3:42 AM, Dacatzass said:

This Robert fellow had a foil, purple, and orange he bought from Sara Ray listed recently and I think he only made a profit on the foil one (sold for $382.77). The purple sold for $71.00 and orange for $66.00.

I know Sara sold the foil for $100.00, but does anyone know her original asking price for the purple and orange? Would rather see the artist benefit from the sale than some eBay flipper.

I thought I had that auction locked down with my last second bid of $276 and then got surprised when I lost and saw that $382 prices!

The prices are on her etsy page.. Orange is $80 (2 left) and purple was $100

Edited by Royalh13

On 11/18/2016 at 9:12 PM, liqddynamite said:

I assume you are looking at the one from sammyrtamar ?  I bought my DC and Houston from him.  His packaging isn't great and a couple of the edges were rougher than I'd prefer to see, but I'd be shocked if they are fake.  I have 15 lithos and there's nothing to me that suggests his are fake.

Plus the other thing, if they were fake they'd most likely show up in perfect condition, which these didn't (nothing you can see once its framed, but I was a little irritated).  If you want DC, make him an offer, he'll most likely work with you.

I bought a shit load from this guy. he owns a pawn shop in NYC area and said he's friends with someone who works/worked on the tour and that's how come he has so many. 

It was quite an ordeal dealing with him. I had the same problem dealing with him that others gave him negative feedback for, where he'd send tracking info that never worked or said he shipped something but tracking showed that it was dropped off days later, etc. 

Also like you said, mine weren't in "mint" condition. I actually had him send me replacements for the ones that were damaged without sending the damaged ones back. when I eventually did get the replacements they were damaged as well. on top of that he sent me the wrong print for one show and even a Rolling  Stones print... When I contacted him again to resolve the damages he didn't want to deal with it anymore and said he'd just refund all my money if I wanted or I could just keep everything I had gotten from him, which I did. so I've got some extra prints with imperfections that I'll probably try to sell at a discount later to recoup some of the money I spent. 

I told him I wasn't going to leave negative feedback early on and I'm a man of my word, so I haven't, but I sure would like to kill some of his sales if I can.

On 11/30/2016 at 9:34 PM, BigMike322 said:

A lot of the lithos havce bends in a corner.  I went though a whole stack at the Arizona show trying to find one with the least amount of damage.  

Yeah this wasn't that type of damage though.. this was stuff like divots in the middle of the prints, wrinkles from rolling the print up too tightly, etc. 

Bottom line though, is that Sam is not a good seller to buy pronts from, unless you're willing to roll the dice

• Like 1

On 11/30/2016 at 10:50 PM, Royalh13 said:

I bought a shit load from this guy. he owns a pawn shop in NYC area and said he's friends with someone who works/worked on the tour and that's how come he has so many. 

It was quite an ordeal dealing with him. I had the same problem dealing with him that others gave him negative feedback for, where he'd send tracking info that never worked or said he shipped something but tracking showed that it was dropped off days later, etc. 

Also like you said, mine weren't in "mint" condition. I actually had him send me replacements for the ones that were damaged without sending the damaged ones back. when I eventually did get the replacements they were damaged as well. on top of that he sent me the wrong print for one show and even a Rolling  Stones print... When I contacted him again to resolve the damages he didn't want to deal with it anymore and said he'd just refund all my money if I wanted or I could just keep everything I had gotten from him, which I did. so I've got some extra prints with imperfections that I'll probably try to sell at a discount later to recoup some of the money I spent. 

I told him I wasn't going to leave negative feedback early on and I'm a man of my word, so I haven't, but I sure would like to kill some of his sales if I can.

Do you have any from the DC show?

On 12/4/2016 at 9:59 AM, mikeman5150 said:

Do you have any from the DC show?

Do you mean the dollar bill looking one? i only have my own copy - no extras sorry. There's one on ebay from this seller so if you wanted to roll the dice and see what you get, you could try buying from him...

15 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Yeah that's the one. It's looks like the seller you're talking about sold it. I don't see it in there anymore. He was wanting $175 for it anyway. I wouldn't have paid that much. 

Well, knowing that he has supposedly has a contact with a bunch of prints, he may post another one up for sale. You can always try the make offer feature too, i think he always uses that feature...

On 12/5/2016 at 4:03 PM, mikeman5150 said:

Yeah that's the one. It's looks like the seller you're talking about sold it. I don't see it in there anymore. He was wanting $175 for it anyway. I wouldn't have paid that much. 

There was one listed on eBay by a different seller yesterday:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GUNS-N-ROSES-FEDEX-FIELD-WASHINGTON-DC-6-26-16-EVENT-POSTER-251-500-/371815356826?hash=item5691ec199a:g:36cAAOSwEzxYTeaf

Demand has cooled somewhat as they have gotten into the hands of those that want and love them... Only one sale during the past week (A Detroit Litho). Older tour dates seem to be more popular, but not a lot of interest for the later tour dates... I think this is because the later shows were bought out almost immediately by a few individuals wanting to flip them and make a profit. Most of the people who attended those shows didn't even know they existed.

9 hours ago, Dacatzass said:

There was one listed on eBay by a different seller yesterday:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GUNS-N-ROSES-FEDEX-FIELD-WASHINGTON-DC-6-26-16-EVENT-POSTER-251-500-/371815356826?hash=item5691ec199a:g:36cAAOSwEzxYTeaf

Demand has cooled somewhat as they have gotten into the hands of those that want and love them... Only one sale during the past week (A Detroit Litho). Older tour dates seem to be more popular, but not a lot of interest for the later tour dates... I think this is because the later shows were bought out almost immediately by a few individuals wanting to flip them and make a profit. Most of the people who attended those shows didn't even know they existed.

Thanks for the heads up. I think this one is a little expensive since it's bent in several places. I emailed the guy an offer, hopefully he takes it. 

The artist who did one of the Qualcomm lithos; Sara Ray still has a limited number of her signed Rocket Queen silkscreens available to purchase on her Etsy: 

http://sararayart.bigcartel.com/product/guns-n-roses

High numbers are $85.00

Low numbers are $150.00 (numbers range between 2 and 16)

There are also a limited number of Artist Proofs available for $160.00

This was one of the best designs of the tour in my opinion, and a signed/numbered silkscreen would look awesome framed and hanging on your wall. Buying directly from the artist also shows support to the people who create these wonderful works of art.

So I got my Foxboro posters put into one big frame with my ticket stubs shortly after the concerts. I live in Baltimore but my parents are up near Foxboro. By the time it was done I was back in Baltimore, so my parents picked it up and have been keeping it at their house. While I was home for Christmas we packaged it up to send it down to me, and it came today.

No automatic alt text available.

So that's fucking wonderful. I guess I've learned my lesson about shipping framed pictures. We wrapped it up so securely I thought there was no way anything could happen to it. The broken glass would be one thing, but it gouged the shit out of the posters in a number of spots. A quick look of eBay shows that the 7/20 poster is available for $395 and 7/19 isn't available at the moment. Not sure what I'm going to do. Don't want to keep sinking money into this so maybe I'll just reframe it like it is with scratches...probably better than nothing. Really disappointing though.:facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gnr>everything said:

So I got my Foxboro posters put into one big frame with my ticket stubs shortly after the concerts. I live in Baltimore but my parents are up near Foxboro. By the time it was done I was back in Baltimore, so my parents picked it up and have been keeping it at their house. While I was home for Christmas we packaged it up to send it down to me, and it came today.

So that's fucking wonderful. I guess I've learned my lesson about shipping framed pictures. We wrapped it up so securely I thought there was no way anything could happen to it. The broken glass would be one thing, but it gouged the shit out of the posters in a number of spots. A quick look of eBay shows that the 7/20 poster is available for $395 and 7/19 isn't available at the moment. Not sure what I'm going to do. Don't want to keep sinking money into this so maybe I'll just reframe it like it is with scratches...probably better than nothing. Really disappointing though.:facepalm:

Oh man....that really sucks. I'm sorry. :(  Awesome posters still! 

11 hours ago, gnr>everything said:

So I got my Foxboro posters put into one big frame with my ticket stubs shortly after the concerts.

So that's fucking wonderful. 

DAMNIT.

OK, here's my opinion...

Put a new piece of glass over that entire thing.  Battle Scars and ALL. THEN ROCK THAT SHIT UP ON YOUR WALL.

Rock N' Roll is dirty. Being a GnFnR fan is a rough job and you should take great pride in that piece of art and everything that you two have been together.

:headbang:

• Like 1

On 12/31/2016 at 0:16 AM, ChristmasFnatic said:

How much do they sell it at shows?

They were $50 at the US shows. There were none produced for their South American stops and it remains to be seen if they will produce any for the Asia and European leg of their tour. I imagine they will continue to produce them for each stop when they return to the US next year.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...