Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

On 05/02/2017 at 2:41 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

23inchesX16inches

Not entirely true. The two Tokyo "dragon" lithos are noticeably smaller than the rest of the Japan tour lithos. They're 23 x 16 yes, but the four 'proper' lithos (Osaka skeleton, Kobe samurai, Yokohama skull and Tokyo Godzilla) are 24 x 18.

Why are they a different size? Why are all the lithos in numbers in relative size to the venue capacity, except for the dragon lithos? (One of the dragon lithos was x/500 but the other was x/1000) ... I don't have answers for these :shrugs:

52 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Paul Tobias.

Paul Tobias currently then I count eight more skulls which does sound about the right figure for the other errant 'Nugnr' personae.

You would have thought the Kiwis would have had a Rugby/All-Black themed poster, wouldn't you? A skeleton rugby team perhaps?

• Like 1

I just went through the artist's instagram and downloaded all the jpgs.  Some really awesome stuff.

Cincinnati and Kobe are my favorites, and I'm willing to bet those are the two most expensive.

I met a Chinese guy in Yokohama who went to all 5 Japan shows.  He got there early, then paid people in the VIP line to buy him shit before the rest of of us could get in.  Sneaky and certainly frowned upon, but apparently he had the extra cash to throw around and  it worked.  He told me he'd sell me or trade one of his five Kobe lithos, but I couldn't find him at the Tokyo show.  (I didn't really think I had much of a chance anyway.)  But I guess that's the closest I came to owning a Kobe.

I'm very pleased with my blue dragon Tokyo and Godzilla Tokyo.

And I still quite like the Yokohama design too.  It's really subtle, but there ARE small cues there about Japan...the fan unfolded between the skulls, and the cherry blossoms (sakura.)

It's similar to that Canadian one with skulls and snakes that nobody seemed to like, but I thought that one was cool too.

11 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

Where did you get your Kobe litho from?

The internet sadly.  Wish I could have got one for cost!

10 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Someone said there was a hologram one from this show. This fucking litho is hideous. 

Yeah someone had posted that and I asked them to post an image.  However I think now they were referring to the one that came with the VIP package.

1 hour ago, troccoli said:

Well others have sold since that first one so not that much but sadly not too much cheaper

I've been keeping an eye on them :lol: The two 'mint' ones went for 1550, there were a couple that went for 850 and 1000 but more than half the auction description for those were words to the effect of "people who worry about minor flaws like creases and marks, please don't bid, no complaints no returns", which is Yahoo Auction speak for "it has creases, marks and/or damaged corners"

Another one had an edge damaged by rain and went for 800 or so, from memory.

Shockingly, I can understand people paying 1500 for mint, but paying 1000 for creases or flaws? At least for me, I don't think I could justify it :wacko: I know a lot of litho/poster wear and tear is impossible to notice once it's flattened out and behind glass... but it'd be like Edgar Allen Poe's Tell-Tale Heart for me... I'd always know it's there, hiding behind the glass :lol:

Mine has a few  marks at the bottom from the rubber band that was on it and each corner has a slight peel that annoys me. Flattened you cant tell though so i'll get by.  Got it flattening out now on my table under glass from another frame that was too small. Need to get a decent one soon before either kids or animals damage it.  Still considering it was pouring with rain I got lucky with the gate delay and my mate ran back to the car with his and mine and we didnt have to deal with that problem

16465030_143102096200341_499932782787139

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I've been keeping an eye on them :lol: The two 'mint' ones went for 1550, there were a couple that went for 850 and 1000 but more than half the auction description for those were words to the effect of "people who worry about minor flaws like creases and marks, please don't bid, no complaints no returns", which is Yahoo Auction speak for "it has creases, marks and/or damaged corners"

Another one had an edge damaged by rain and went for 800 or so, from memory.

Shockingly, I can understand people paying 1500 for mint, but paying 1000 for creases or flaws? At least for me, I don't think I could justify it :wacko: I know a lot of litho/poster wear and tear is impossible to notice once it's flattened out and behind glass... but it'd be like Edgar Allen Poe's Tell-Tale Heart for me... I'd always know it's there, hiding behind the glass :lol:

I hear you there for sure!  I had to educate a few ebay sellers on some of the US ones

8 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

where can I see the kiwi one?

Should be in this thread somewhere, might have to go back a page or two

7 minutes ago, fevah said:

Mine has a few  marks at the bottom from the rubber band that was on it and each corner has a slight peel that annoys me. Flattened you cant tell though so i'll get by.  Got it flattening out now on my table under glass from another frame that was too small. Need to get a decent one soon before either kids or animals damage it.  Still considering it was pouring with rain I got lucky with the gate delay and my mate ran back to the car with his and mine and we didnt have to deal with that problem

Fucking beautiful.  If you know anyone that has a spare...

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

The Kobe one is a grand?!?!

Consistently

2 hours ago, fevah said:

It's a beautiful litho

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

The Kobe one is a grand?!?!

Way more than a grand for ones that don't have some sort of flaw.

Guess that's what happens when you combine great artwork (arguably the best of the tour) with ridiculously low numbers (150) and it being a relatively obscure venue...